Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2022 transfer rumours (Gilbey loan confirmed p513, a signing falls through last minute p541)

Comments

• edited July 2022
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Chunes said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Chunes said:
    He scored nearly all his goals with his head.

We'll see. I said the same at the beginning of last season and got poo-pooed. Pre-season optimism is a powerful thing, nobody wants their chips pissed on. Understandably so. 
    Headers from corners and open play cross aren't from hoof ball.  I would say Stockley was a victim of hoof ball as much as anyone else.  Saying that I still don't believe that any hoof ball was by design.
    Was he a victim or benefactor? He struggled so badly in the lone role under Adkins that he was shouting at the sidelines to find a better shape. Even Davison looked better in that role. People on here were saying we should play to his strengths if we've got him. When we went 352 and more direct, he was better. 

Didn't watch Kilmarnock but how many high crosses did we put in the box? I would be surprised if that's a big factor in our play this season. 
    Funny enough we put more high cross in in the first half when Stockley wasn't playing.

The execution was the problem last season not the system it's self.

If we play to his strengths, and if the rest of the team is good enough, there is no reason you can't play "good football" and have Jayden Stockley in the team, scoring goals.

If and can are doing a lot of heavy lifting, I appreciate that, but the two things aren't mutually exclusive.  I am sceptical it will happen but there isn't a reason it can't.
    Agree it's all ifs but past evidence is doing some pretty heavy lifting too. 

Going back to what you were saying about Jackson's football not being direct by design, was it reported (or just rumour) that TS and JJ disagreed on the style of football to get out of this league. Also remember JJ saying he wanted to sign a number of tall players.
  • McKirdy would solve the Washington replacement dilemma in my opinion, if we spend a fee on anyone this window it should be him.

Looks an absolute world beater in that. Didn’t realise he scored such different types of goals, and assisted a fair few too. 
  • NabySarr said:
    Chunes said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Chunes said:

We'll see. I said the same at the beginning of last season and got poo-pooed. Pre-season optimism is a powerful thing, nobody wants their chips pissed on. Understandably so. 
    Headers from corners and open play cross aren't from hoof ball.  I would say Stockley was a victim of hoof ball as much as anyone else.  Saying that I still don't believe that any hoof ball was by design.
    Was he a victim or benefactor? He struggled so badly in the lone role under Adkins that he was shouting at the sidelines to find a better shape. Even Davison looked better in that role. People on here were saying we should play to his strengths if we've got him. When we went 352 and more direct, he was better. 

Didn't watch Kilmarnock but how many high crosses did we put in the box? I would be surprised if that's a big factor in our play this season. 
    Swindon were 21st in league 2 for crosses per game…I think either we need a new striker or Garner will need to adapt his style slightly. He will want someone that can receive into feet and link play, Aneke fits but I don’t think stockley does 
    Chicken and egg though isn't it?  No point crossing the ball if you don't have anyone capable of doing anything with it. 
  • McKirdy would solve the Washington replacement dilemma in my opinion, if we spend a fee on anyone this window it should be him.

This, THIS for the 8th time, get it done BG.
  • McKirdy is an option financially wise, his wages won’t be much and the fee either with only one year left.  If we don’t go for him I would assume Garner doesn’t fancy working with him again on account of him being a bit of a maverick.  

That's one shocking barnet, and for that reason I'm out

That's one shocking barnet, and for that reason I'm out
    McKirdy looks like a knob. 
  • Chunes said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Chunes said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Chunes said:

Funny enough we put more high cross in in the first half when Stockley wasn't playing.

The execution was the problem last season not the system it's self.

If we play to his strengths, and if the rest of the team is good enough, there is no reason you can't play "good football" and have Jayden Stockley in the team, scoring goals.

If and can are doing a lot of heavy lifting, I appreciate that, but the two things aren't mutually exclusive.  I am sceptical it will happen but there isn't a reason it can't.
    Agree it's all ifs but past evidence is doing some pretty heavy lifting too. 

Going back to what you were saying about Jackson's football not being direct by design, was it reported (or just rumour) that TS and JJ disagreed on the style of football to get out of this league. Also remember JJ saying he wanted to sign a number of tall players.
    Adkins said he wanted tall players as well.  There is a massive difference between actively playing long ball and just hoofing it.  The latter is what we were doing last season, under both managers.

To me the team looked like it was set up to try and play football, couldn't (there are many reasons as to why) and ended up kicking it in the random direction of someone.  That's certainly not by design.

Past evidence is a bit pointless when the circumstances are totally different.  Was it Bolton away when Fraser put in that perfect cross, for Aneke I think?  Lee, Gilbey, Matthews, Purrington etc etc weren't going to do that.  Shinnie got a lot of assists for Stockley and was hardly a hoofer.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited July 2022
    You've lost me again with the point you're trying to make. Not gonna clog up the rumours thread anymore. We'll have to wait and see eh.
  • I’d have McKirdy as long as promises to cut his hair and stop the vomit inducing goal celebrations.
  • We have 2 proven L1 quality strikers, we need four so two more are needed and Davisson to be moved on.

If Deji struggles this season (young lad etc) we have 2 CB's (no point even counting Innis), we need at least one more there.

If Sessignon gets injured we have no stand by LB so we need another.

Those 4 positions, for me, are key.  I am hoping that we have some cash to spend and that is why later in the window is more likely.

A top quality L1 CB, Striker and LB could really revolutionize a squad which currently has good foundations but not enough "X factor" 
    Those 3 positions are a must and also another winger. CBT, DJ and Kirk is not enough either when one is injury prone and the other 2 we are hoping return to their former selves but there is no guarantee. 

Probably only need 1 striker as Davison as 4th choice is fine if we are playing 1 up front he isn’t going to be used. 

So a minimum of 4 more signings needed. Would also like another midfielder but probably will need to move some on before that happens 

• Chunes said:
    You've lost me again with the point you're trying to make. Not gonna clog up the rumours thread anymore. We'll have to wait and see eh.
    Sorry I went off at too many tangents.
  • So, no actual rumours?
  • edited July 2022
    So, no actual rumours?
    Someone called Dick Head is close apparently.. B)
  • Sponsored links:

• shine166 said:
    Personally, I think we need someome In the team whose a bit of a dickhead... or that has a personality. 
    Or the goals he scores..

Well yeah, thats how Lyle got away with being a twat. Its not so endearing when its Maddison being a flop. 
  • So, no actual rumours?
    Just like the rest of our business. 
  • edited July 2022
    According to Twatter we’ve had two bids turned down for a striker, no names given.From a dodgy account obvs! 
  • So, no actual rumours?
    think you're right, they did post at 11.42 
  • So, no actual rumours?
    Oi …. Don’t bring me into this 
  • cs1986 said:
    Chunes said:

Agree. Stockley was going to be this big goal scorer last year. He got 13 in the league.
    He was out injured for a lengthy period. Shouldn't that be taken in to consideration?

• edited July 2022
    Oggy Red said:
    cs1986 said:
    Chunes said:

Agree. Stockley was going to be this big goal scorer last year. He got 13 in the league.
    He was out injured for a lengthy period. Shouldn't that be taken in to consideration?
    Scored 13 in 33 games. 0.39 goals per game. He missed 10 games through injury, so if he'd stayed fit then on the same ratio he would've finished the season on 17.

I'm not giving him the goals he would've scored if he hadn't got himself stupidly sent off and suspended.

(Not getting involved again, just sharing the stats).
  • _MrDick said:
    So, no actual rumours?
    Oi …. Don’t bring me into this 

15 minutes of fame and all that eh... B)
  • I am feeling confident we will get one more perm and at least 3 loans of which I would now expect them to be 1 x ST, 1 x Winger, 1 x versatile left footed CB who can play LB (comfortably) and another CAM. All need to be sufficient quality, not just bodies, if we are going to have a real go at promotion this season…!
  • LegacyFan said:
    He looks like the sort of player that is irritating in the opposition but loved when he plays for you. Every team needs some dickheads. 
    Lyle T*yl*r was a dickhead. Used to wind up opponents. And score goals.