Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2022 transfer rumours (Gilbey loan confirmed p513, a signing falls through last minute p541)

Comments

• msomerton said:
    the problem is what is the team to face Accrington in 3 weeks. Last season we signed players after the start of the season and it took the first quarter of the season to have a vague idea of the regular first team squad and which players were not up to it. we even struggled to put out a full reserve bench for some games.
    Is that what people keep telling us that there is still two months of the window to go want.
    Why do you think that there are Charlton fans that want this?
    I've not heard one Charlton fan hope that we make signings as late as possible, in fact quite the reverse.
  • msomerton said:
    the problem is what is the team to face Accrington in 3 weeks. Last season we signed players after the start of the season and it took the first quarter of the season to have a vague idea of the regular first team squad and which players were not up to it. we even struggled to put out a full reserve bench for some games.
    Is that what people keep telling us that there is still two months of the window to go want.
    Potential match day squad vs Accrington as things stand:

Wollacott, Egbo, Innis, O'Connell, Sessegnon, Dobson, Fraser, JFC, CBT, Stockley, DJ, Subs: MacGillivray, Lavelle, Clare, Kirk, McGrandles, Aneke, Davison

Tell me that doesn't already look a lot stronger on paper than the squad for last season's opener, especially on the bench?

MacGillivray, Gunter, Innis, Famewo, Matthews, Dobson, Morgan, Clare, DJ, Stockley, Washington. Subs: Harness, Pearce, Elerewe, Watson, Davison, Ghandour, Clayden

Last season we started with 2 strikers. This season you have us starting with 1.

I thought we were supposed to be more attacking this season. And you cant say that the midfield will score because that starting 4/5 scored 3 between them all season.

Whoopee Do. 
    How do you think ‘being more attacking’ works Golfie?
  • cabbles said:
    This thread is for transfer rumours, can we please keep it on track and stop discussing my soulmate and pen pal Katrien 
    There there Bubbles... It'll be okay!!
  • msomerton said:

Wollacott, Egbo, Innis, O'Connell, Sessegnon, Dobson, Fraser, JFC, CBT, Stockley, DJ, Subs: MacGillivray, Lavelle, Clare, Kirk, McGrandles, Aneke, Davison

Tell me that doesn't already look a lot stronger on paper than the squad for last season's opener, especially on the bench?

MacGillivray, Gunter, Innis, Famewo, Matthews, Dobson, Morgan, Clare, DJ, Stockley, Washington. Subs: Harness, Pearce, Elerewe, Watson, Davison, Ghandour, Clayden

Last season we started with 2 strikers. This season you have us starting with 1.

I thought we were supposed to be more attacking this season. And you cant say that the midfield will score because that starting 4/5 scored 3 between them all season.

Whoopee Do. 
    4-4-2, two traditional wingers with a big man little man combo up front?

If we line up in a 4-3-3 I’d expect the style of play to be very different to what we saw under Adkins.
  • Scoham said:
    msomerton said:

Whoopee Do. 
    4-4-2, two traditional wingers with a big man little man combo up front?

If we line up in a 4-3-3 I’d expect the style of play to be very different to what we saw under Adkins.
    Nail on head. 

I don’t understand how anyone cannot see how the new manager, he’s preferred method of play style, plus the signings we have already brought in, and their strengths, won’t lead to more attacking brand of football. 
  • Sponsored links:

• msomerton said:
    https://youtu.be/t0hK1wyrrAU
  • Maybe 433
  • I remember a game under Fraeye against MK Dons. Think we had 5 strikers on the pitch at one point. We lost 1-0
  • Maybe 433
    Would go for Woolacott instead of MacGillivray and MacGrandles for JFC but 
    like the formation .
  • edited July 2022
    Maybe 433
    like the formation .
    We cannot play with Stockley up front on his own .  Also, Kirk has become really great since he hasn’t been with us!
  • sam3110 said:
    Swap Dobbo and JFC around, and Lavelle over Inniss, that's about it I reckon
    McGrandles for JFC, swap with Dobson, Elewere RCB Eoghan LCB, toss-up between DJ and Kirk depending on training. Promising side, arguably the only weakness is Stockley's skill on the ball for team play but he potentially makes up for that with presence and finishing 
  • Maybe 433
    Much better.

Swap Dobbo for JFC and we good to go.  Maybe even McGrandles for JFC depending on who’s fitter at the moment.  
  • Interesting how Deji makes a lot of your teams as a starter.
  • Sponsored links:

• Also swap O’Connell to the left side since he’s either footed. Inniss/Lavelle for the right side.
  • Leuth said:
    I remember a game under Fraeye against MK Dons. Think we had 5 strikers on the pitch at one point. We lost 1-0
    Fraeye didn't understand basic formations or tactics.

I'm trust him to do my laundry though.
  • DOUCHER said:
    redbuttle said:
    No one better at spending other people’s money than football fans. He’s not middle eastern prince rich but as far as I can see, the indication he might cut and run is rumours on twitter. None of his actual actions suggest someone who is trying to cut his losses and get out. There’s a difference between trying to make your money go further and being just plain skint. 

A lot of our best signings over the years in League 1 have been free transfers. 
    These rumours about him being skint are mostly stemming from the twat who runs the forum whose name shall not be mentioned.
    Yes and his little gang of mates...
    It is quite fierce and relentless the abuse sandgaard gets on there - he must have done something more specific / personal to have upset them surely  coz it always seems so OTT - of course he’s made mistakes but it’s sympathy and gratitude I feel towards him personally - just can’t see what riles them so much 
    It’s all done to attract readers and posters……unfortunately he will do “anything” he can to make that happen.
    Why…..because he thinks more of his poxy forum than he does of the club…..there’s no question about it.
    Whereas we are The Times/Guardian they are The Sun/Daily Star.
    We have more members on line at three o’clock in the morning than they have all fucking day. 😏
  • wmcf123 said:
    Maybe 433
    like the formation .
    We cannot play with Stockley up front on his own .  Also, Kirk has become really great since he hasn’t been with us!
    Has he……that’s news to me?
  • msomerton said:
    https://youtu.be/t0hK1wyrrAU

I'm with McEnroe, that was on the line man... B)
  • Thank God for that.