Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2022 transfer rumours (Gilbey loan confirmed p513, a signing falls through last minute p541)

Comments

• Did not think Lee was gonna end up in the National League...
  • Probably earning more this year than he was on his Luton deal 
  • I know they are ambitious etc, but it's still quite a drop down the leagues from his parent club Luton in the Championship and last season us in L1

I can't imagine Rob Lee driving to Hollywood to appear on Wrexham TV either  ;)

• Chunes said:
    Did not think Lee was gonna end up in the National League...
    League below Johnny 😜 
  • edited July 2022
    Maybe 433
    Much better.

Swap Dobbo for JFC and we good to go.  Maybe even McGrandles for JFC depending on who’s fitter at the moment.  
    It won't be but I wouldn't be surprised if we play something like
                  Wollacott 
    Clare Innis O'Connell Sessegnon 
                      JFC
    Egbo   McGrandles Fraser CBT
                    Stockley

With the players we have now, which almost certainly won't be the players we have then.
  • msomerton said:
    the problem is what is the team to face Accrington in 3 weeks. Last season we signed players after the start of the season and it took the first quarter of the season to have a vague idea of the regular first team squad and which players were not up to it. we even struggled to put out a full reserve bench for some games.
    Is that what people keep telling us that there is still two months of the window to go want.
    Potential match day squad vs Accrington as things stand:

Wollacott, Egbo, Innis, O'Connell, Sessegnon, Dobson, Fraser, JFC, CBT, Stockley, DJ, Subs: MacGillivray, Lavelle, Clare, Kirk, McGrandles, Aneke, Davison

Tell me that doesn't already look a lot stronger on paper than the squad for last season's opener, especially on the bench?

MacGillivray, Gunter, Innis, Famewo, Matthews, Dobson, Morgan, Clare, DJ, Stockley, Washington. Subs: Harness, Pearce, Elerewe, Watson, Davison, Ghandour, Clayden

Neither squad looks capable of mounting a camel let alone a promotion push in 22/23. I think we need someone fast up front. A Franny Jeffers type player (before he lost it!) its all well having two mammoths in Stockley and Aneke up front but I think we need a very different type of forward. And one that really has proved himself at this level at the very least. 

Lyle Taylor anyone?!
  • LegacyFan said:

Probably his level for running around in circles and passing to the opposition. 😊
  • Sponsored links:

• Maybe 433
    That team will not get us promoted 
    I don’t think anyone necessarily thinks it will, but it’s got a much better chance of getting us a stronger start to the season than last year and then with a few later additions, who knows? 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Chunes said:
    Did not think Lee was gonna end up in the National League...
    League below Johnny 😜 
    Maybe it's for "non footballing reasons" ;)

The moment of my liking Lee has long passed, still didn't expect him to drop to non-league
  • edited July 2022
    LTKapal said:
    cs1986 said:
    I'd be surprised if Stockley gets 15 this year and would lay money he doesn't get 20.
    Tempted to take you up on that bet 
    More than happy to mate. He has never scored 20 league goals in league 1 or higher in a season. Is 28 years old. Is so over rated on here. Saying all that I do like him.

• edited July 2022
    cs1986 said:
    LTKapal said:
    cs1986 said:
    I'd be surprised if Stockley gets 15 this year and would lay money he doesn't get 20.
    More than happy to mate. He has never scored 20 league goals in league 1 or higher in a season. Is 28 years old. Is so over rated on here. Saying all that I do like him.

My only concerns comes in the form of service and his ability to play 44 games post back injury quite frankly.
    in that first season with us he had decent service and low behold double his stats up and he comes close. I’m not judging him on that tripe last season or his performances at Preston as I have an inside track on Preston and know he wasn’t used to his full effect there either as well as higher division .

I digress, for transparency, I don’t think he has a great touch and I’m not delusional, he has limitations but as a L1 striker specifically, give him chances he will score.
    However I’d also like another striker for the record.
  • LTKapal said:
    cs1986 said:
    LTKapal said:
    cs1986 said:

My only concerns comes in the form of service and his ability to play 44 games post back injury quite frankly.
    in that first season with us he had decent service and low behold double his stats up and he comes close. I’m not judging him on that tripe last season or his performances at Preston as I have an inside track on Preston and know he wasn’t used to his full effect there either as well as higher division .

I digress, for transparency, I don’t think he has a great touch and I’m not delusional, he has limitations but as a L1 striker specifically, give him chances he will score.
    However I’d also like another striker for the record.
    Yeah a good mate of mine is a big Preston fan home and away. He rated him. My problem with Stockley is he can't play up top on his own. I said it before start of last season. It was awful watching us toil with him playing lone striker role.

I'd love Mckirdy I said it a while back I think he looks quality. 
  • edited July 2022

• Maybe 433
    That team will not get us promoted 
    Can you also tell me next weeks lottery numbers as you can clearly see the future ? 👍
  • Sponsored links:

• Cafc43v3r said:
    Maybe 433
    Much better.

Swap Dobbo for JFC and we good to go.  Maybe even McGrandles for JFC depending on who’s fitter at the moment.  
    It won't be but I wouldn't be surprised if we play something like
                  Wollacott 
    Clare Innis O'Connell Sessegnon 
                      JFC
    Egbo   McGrandles Fraser CBT
                    Stockley

With the players we have now, which almost certainly won't be the players we have then.
    I wouldn’t have both Egbo and Clare down the right and I hope he doesn’t.  Midfield looks so much better.
  • wmcf123 said:
    Maybe 433
    Would go for Woolacott instead of MacGillivray and MacGrandles for JFC but 
    like the formation .
    We cannot play with Stockley up front on his own .  Also, Kirk has become really great since he hasn’t been with us!
    Has he……that’s news to me?
    In the eyes of many, he’s a starter .  As average as some of DJs end product is , if we are going to play 433 (which I genuinely don’t think we can) he’s far more dangerous and high tempo than Kirk. 

For what it’s worth , I’d currently play this, qualified by having never seen any of our new signings play:

JW

Clare, O’Connell, Lavelle/DE

DJ, Dobson, JFC, McGrandles, Sessegnon

CBT, Stockley

• Thank God for that.

You are wrong, God's agents wouldn't send anyone to Wales; Thank Hollywood for that.
  • I'd still start Macca over Wollacott, was first game, and will be interested to see improvement today against Dartford - But Jojo hasnt convinced me as a first choice Goalkeeper yet.
  • edited July 2022
    The big evolution in football is who do you have on the field at the business end of a game because the 5 sub rule is a game changer. Reminds me of when I was a manager in kids football with roll on, roll off subs, if possible i always had my *strongest team on the field in the last third of a game.

So give the eleven you want to start and finish a match; forget the mandatory injuries which will affect selections.

You are not necessarily dropped if you don't start a match. The rules have changed and the manager who can out think the opposition manager has a real advantage in the mediocre League 1 where most players have weaknesses.

*Real Madrid were so much stronger then City at the business end of the final. Walker's injury was the catalyst but Madrid had fresh legs where City were spent.