Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2022 transfer rumours (Gilbey loan confirmed p513, a signing falls through last minute p541)

Comments

• Must be getting close to five days without a first team signing and so a "it's too quiet, I'm getting worried we're not signing anyone else" post.
    The “we’ve not learnt our lessons from doing business too late” post.  
  • It’s been five days since Sessegnon signed and it’s gone very quiet. I’m worried we’re not signing anyone else.
  • It’s been five days since Sessegnon signed and it’s gone very quiet. I’m worried we’re not signing anyone else.
    Lessons not learnt!! Who will this years harry arter style signing ne
  • From the limited gametime we have seen Macca is ahead. Of course we have more to see before we know who gets the jersey against Accrington. That is my point. I saw 45 minutes of Wollacott and he was pretty shite. That doesn't mean he is shite but that is what I have seen up to now. I'm not going to promote him to being our best keeper until he shows me he is.
  • From the limited gametime we have seen Macca is ahead. Of course we have more to see before we know who gets the jersey against Accrington. That is my point. I saw 45 minutes of Wollacott and he was pretty shite. That doesn't mean he is shite but that is what I have seen up to now. I'm not going to promote him to being our best keeper until he shows me he is.
    Logical but Garner sought to bring him in after working with him at Swindon. I’d expect a clean slate start for both senior GK’s but I would think Garner brought him in to start.
  • All this talk of paying fees is a load of tosh. There are loads of players at the end of contracts changing clubs. Great players as well ( Pogba ). It's shrewd business to avoid paying a fee if you can.
    Yes I’m not sure we’ll be in for Pogba though.
  • I don’t think Kirk will be going anywhere. Indeed I’m going to stick my neck out and say I think he will be a big player for us this season. 
    Exactly what I'm thinking mate 👍
  • Sponsored links:

• All this talk of paying fees is a load of tosh. There are loads of players at the end of contracts changing clubs. Great players as well ( Pogba ). It's shrewd business to avoid paying a fee if you can.
    Yes I’m not sure we’ll be in for Pogba though.
    Big Charlton fan, apparently. Also heard that Ruud van Nistelrooy's coming in as a coach.
  • Kirk has a lot more convincing to do for me.
    Hope he shines, we shall see.
  • Very happy with the U18 pro deals being tied down. As good as any business this summer, especially if at least 2-3 can cement a first team place in the coming years.
  • Wonder if we've gone after the Free Transfers that we ideally wanted, and we're now standing our ground over anyone we want to pay a fee for - Along with the kids that'll be released on loan by Premier League sides.
  • Valley11 said:
    Good interview on Radio London. TS addresses the Brian J sacking and transfers. Doesn’t expect any new signings in next two weeks. Will be busy as the deadline approaches. 
    PANIC
  • Scoham said:
    Reluctant Nicko says he’s creating football stories, is that another way of saying he just makes stuff up?
  • Sponsored links:

• Valley11 said:
    Good interview on Radio London. TS addresses the Brian J sacking and transfers. Doesn’t expect any new signings in next two weeks. Will be busy as the deadline approaches. 
    PANIC
    Unless the bids that we have made are excepted .that could happen anytime … but as TS said he don’t expect agents and players to start panicking till
    closer to the season ..
  • Valley11 said:
    Sod it....we are still short of cover and good as Miles Leaburn could be we still need a McKirdy?  type player.
    And no doubt are still after one. Just unlikely to arrive in the next two weeks.
  • Valley11 said:
    Sod it....we are still short of cover and good as Miles Leaburn could be we still need a McKirdy?  type player.
    Playing against trialists for a National League South side is one thing...

Lets not get carried away like we did with Burstow, only to get frustrated and bitter when it didnt work out.
  • Valley11 said:
    Lol behave, as good as Leaburn?! He's played 30 minutes of a preseason game against a 6th tier club, and whilst both goals were pretty well taken, it's not like he's Maradona dribbled through everyone and beat Alisson from 30 yards is it?
  • What Miles, Deji, Lucy's, Charles, etc have to their advantage is that they have been playing a not dissimilar style to Garnerball in the U18s and U23s.

They are also skillful players albeit they need more experience. Dartford are not Accrington.
  • edited July 2022
    msomerton said:
    There’s nothing to suggest we can’t pay a fee in this window, he hasn’t said it, he hasn’t indicated it, and every previous window he’s paid decent fees for league one.  We just might not need to, in their eyes at least.  

Unless you believe in the perpetual gossipers over at #CAFC Twitter and Facebook about him being “Skintgaard” and all the rest of it.  
    I have believed from day one he did not have the wealth to run Charlton football club. I was thank full he saved the club from administration and endless legal battles but doubted he could afford to sub the club 6 to 8 million pounds a year.
    So fear he will be reluctant to pay out fees now,
    Listening to him again today talking of how we have to wait until the last days of the transfer window for agents & players to realise that they have to be "more aggressive at making themselves available" & it just seems the same as last year. I would like us to be aggressive at chasing the players that we have hopefully identified not wait until the last minute again hoping to get a bargain & being in the same situation next year. Wigan chased the best players & are now a championship club. I see us as just treading water. Yes I know it isn't my money etc but if you want success it costs money. (& I do appreciate that it costs him about 8 mill to stand still for a season but if he wants success then he has to pay for it)
  • I wouldn’t be relying on either Leaburn or Kanu at make any sort of impact. Send them out on a full season long loan to get a full season of men’s football under their belt and then maybe next season they will be better prepared to make a proper impact.