Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2022 transfer rumours (Gilbey loan confirmed p513, a signing falls through last minute p541)

Comments

• Cafc43v3r said:
    RedRobin said:

Not sure how accurate it is but MK have apparently beaten us to the signing of Louie Barry. I’m sure Cawley dismissed the link? 
    He said it was not one that was close, didn't dismiss it.
    I’m sure that was his reply about Marquis.
  • Scoham said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    RedRobin said:

Not sure how accurate it is but MK have apparently beaten us to the signing of Louie Barry. I’m sure Cawley dismissed the link? 
    He said it was not one that was close, didn't dismiss it.
    I’m sure that was his reply about Marquis.
    I am sure he expanded on that answer in reply to someone.  It was over 24 hours ago so I can't really remember.  If it happened in 1998 I would be able to tell you font he tweeted in!
  • Why must we buy a striker from this country, we have gone abroad before and got a player nobody had heard of?
  • ross1 said:
    Why must we buy a striker from this country, we have gone abroad before and got a player nobody had heard of?
    BREXIT.
  • edited July 2022
  • Has anyone said Brexit?
  • Sponsored links:

• There are countries outside Europe that produce good footballers. Perhaps my age, but I remember a few South Africans did well for us😁
  • ross1 said:
    Why must we buy a striker from this country, we have gone abroad before and got a player nobody had heard of?
    That went well last time 
  • ross1 said:
    Brexit
  • He should have stayed at Luton. Left a team on the up to join a team (Cardiff) going nowhere
  • If we're looking for a goal scoring winger there's one who currently plays for Arsenal.
    Step forward Beth Mead.
    TS make it happen.  :D  
  • ross1 said:
    Brexit
    Yes, more opportunities for young English players
  • Sponsored links:

• edited July 2022
    Any rumours on the rumour thread, just asking for a friend?
    No but there was very little buzz about any of the previous ones until very late on so it doesn't mean much in practical terms.
  • Southbank said:
    ross1 said:
    Brexit
    Yes, sod the Welsh, Scots and Irish ones.
    Bloody foreigners eh?
  • edited July 2022
    The Glasgow Rangers Left back: Kevin Ciubotaru an 18 year old Rumanian youth international had a nightmare wait of 18 months before he finally got the green light because of the changing rules under Brexit.
  • seth plum said:
    Southbank said:
    ross1 said:
    Brexit
    Yes, sod the Welsh, Scots and Irish ones.
    Bloody foreigners eh?
    Well said! Couldn't agree more.
  • Chunes said:
    Pigott for me, if Ipswich are letting him go. He's got the technical ability to be a different option to Jayden. I like Stockton but there are too many ifs.

Seems like it's a bad year for strikers, can't think of too many good ones who will be available.
    I know Piggott personally and trust me he ain't coming to Charlton. 
    I really wanted us to be 100% big immobile lumps up front ; shame 
  • wmcf123 said:
    Chunes said:
    Pigott for me, if Ipswich are letting him go. He's got the technical ability to be a different option to Jayden. I like Stockton but there are too many ifs.

Seems like it's a bad year for strikers, can't think of too many good ones who will be available.
    Have you ever seen pigott play?
  • Chunes said:

Please no!!! Can we not go there again.. 
  • wmcf123 said:
    Chunes said:

'big immobile lumps' pretty good summary! 

Wilkes would be a very good signing, and the type of forward we need. If he signs for a league one team, who ever that may be, they would go close.. Very good player at this level!!
  • DubaiCAFC said:
    wmcf123 said:
    Chunes said:

'big immobile lumps' pretty good summary! 

Wilkes would be a very good signing, and the type of forward we need. If he signs for a league one team, who ever that may be, they would go close.. Very good player at this level!!
    I agree although he is probably more of a winger than a striker ??  I can’t get my head round stockley playing in anything other than a 2 up top so if that isn’t the plan I can definitely see some ins and an out 
  • Payne on trial at Crawley….. if he that good why he on trial ( posted on swindon site)