Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2022 transfer rumours (Gilbey loan confirmed p513, a signing falls through last minute p541)

Comments

• DOUCHER said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    wmcf123 said:
    Chunes said:
    Pigott for me, if Ipswich are letting him go. He's got the technical ability to be a different option to Jayden. I like Stockton but there are too many ifs.

Seems like it's a bad year for strikers, can't think of too many good ones who will be available.
    I know Piggott personally and trust me he ain't coming to Charlton. 
    I really wanted us to be 100% big immobile lumps up front ; shame 
    Have you ever seen pigott play?
    'big immobile lumps' pretty good summary! 

Wilkes would be a very good signing, and the type of forward we need. If he signs for a league one team, who ever that may be, they would go close.. Very good player at this level!!
    I agree although he is probably more of a winger than a striker ??  I can’t get my head round stockley playing in anything other than a 2 up top so if that isn’t the plan I can definitely see some ins and an out 
    Wide forward I would call him.. But he can play through the middle! 
  • edited July 2022
  • Jonniesta said:
    cabbles said:
    Jonniesta said:
    Reading TS' comments, he's said he'd like some to go out on loan to get the right experiences which might free up a couple of places. Reading between the lines, surely the only two in our 21 that that approach applies to are Morgan and Davison, so can we assume they're being loaned out?
    We could loan Gilbey out.  He doesn’t need experience, but we could just loan him out if we’re too crowded.  
    We could. But what I was suggesting is TS seems to indicate it'll only be for experience he'd do that. Would hope if he thinks AG should be loaned out, he'd bite the bullet and offload him permanently. 
    Make no mistake, he would let him out to save more on the wage bill but he'll get slaughtered if he says it.
  • There's no chance Jack Payne would be playing in what was basically a Crawley Trialists side at Isthmian League East Grinstead last night. 
  • Scoham said:
    Gonna to be fun reading the responses to this
    Took the words out of my mouth
  • Sponsored links:

• edited July 2022
    wmcf123 said:
    Chunes said:
    Pigott for me, if Ipswich are letting him go. He's got the technical ability to be a different option to Jayden. I like Stockton but there are too many ifs.

Seems like it's a bad year for strikers, can't think of too many good ones who will be available.
    You've always got the best takes on strikers ;)
  • Wait and see what happens before we judge his words. We would all like to see options uo front but if we are playing 433 a quick goal scoring wide player is definitely more important 
  • DOUCHER said:
    not up to date on here atm so don't know if already mentioned but Aribo to Southampton will see a windfall for us   
    Spot on again :)
  • One for those who watch the youth set-up:

Did Leaburn and Kanu play in the same team last season or were they in different age brackets?
  • wmcf123 said:
    Chunes said:

Have you ever seen pigott play?
    Yes quite a bit - since his youth team days in around 2011/12.  You ?
  • Croydon said:
    One for those who watch the youth set-up:

Did Leaburn and Kanu play in the same team last season or were they in different age brackets?
    Both played together in the 18s and at the end of the season U23s.

ML is older than DK by a year or so
  • Chunes said:
    wmcf123 said:
    Chunes said:

Thanks .  Was it magennis we differed on?
  • Sponsored links:

• edited July 2022
    wmcf123 said:
    Chunes said:
    wmcf123 said:
    Chunes said:

Thanks .  Was it magennis we differed on?
    It was '1 goal Chuks'
  • TS letting agents know he isn’t desperate. Smart guy…

Exactly, why people have to rage blackout instead of seeing this I don't know. A month ago he said we'd sign no players untill the end... which turned out to not be the case. 
  • If the strikers don’t score then the other players will have to.
    Win matches.
  • Scoham said:
    Deluded if he thinks we will get out of this division with Stockley, Aneke who can’t or won’t do 90 minutes, Davison, enough said, and a kid without a single league appearance.
  • Scoham said:
    Deluded if he thinks we will get out of this division with Stockley, Aneke who can’t or won’t do 90 minutes, Davison, enough said, and a kid without a single league appearance.
    What does his manager think about it? The only opinion that counts if you want to go up this season. 
  • Something we have to consider is the fact that the best loans come late in the window as parent clubs leave the decisions until that time. Sandgaard has mentioned this so he must understanding. The best of these loans are not free and need a lot of work and hopefully we are working on some strong ones.
  • TS letting agents know he isn’t desperate. Smart guy…
    Wouldn't be surprised if this were the case.

Hopefully Miles and Josh will get some valuable minutes tonight against Colchester, as it will give a better benchmark as to how both could cope against proper EFL sides - Dartford on Saturday was impossible to tell, especially going by their Manager's comments, when he said that their team in the 2nd half was trialists and U18s.

The clips of the Sunderland Chairman, trying to sign Will Grigg on Deadline Day and paying vastly over the odds is probably a good example of how a lot of fans (at any clubs) would approach the Transfer Market.
    Personally think we will see Davison move on and someone will be brought into replace him. Fully expecting that player to be a back up to Stockley. Can see why there is no rush when we already have the main guy, just looking for his back-up.

If you ask any manager they probably want more signings than the owner allows. That’s just a part of football.