Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2022 transfer rumours (Gilbey loan confirmed p513, a signing falls through last minute p541)

Comments

• Ben Garner says that Mandela Egbo has suffered a “significant knee injury” and is set to miss the start of the season. Says he’ll be out for weeks rather than months.
    Weeks rather than months isn't what I'd call significant unless you mean he said months rather than weeks?
  • Shame, was looking forward to Egbo having a full pre-season before being used in a tailor made position for him.

Felt a bit like the Bowyer days. Playing a player out of position and then see him injured.
  • Jac_52 said:
    Ben Garner says that Mandela Egbo has suffered a “significant knee injury” and is set to miss the start of the season. Says he’ll be out for weeks rather than months.
    Weeks rather than months isn't what I'd call significant unless you mean he said months rather than weeks?
    https://londonnewsonline.co.uk/new-charlton-athletic-signing-mandela-egbo-to-miss-start-of-league-one-season/

I suppose they mean significant, in that the damage is more than a minor strain
  • edited July 2022
    Five goal involvements in 105 minutes of men's football for Miles Leaburn. Who said we need another striker???
  • Shows how weak we are in that area of the pitch now. Imagine if one of Sessegnon or Clare got injured for a similar time frame.

Also, does Clare even really want to play right back?
  • Need another LB option badly. I imagine we'll rely on the full backs for our attacking width
  • Need another LB option badly. I imagine we'll rely on the full backs for our attacking width
    I don't.  I suspect that Clare will be our right back and we will play 3 in possession, 4 out of it.   I look forward to the Fraser, Kirk, SS triangle that is potentially brewing on the left.

Did you get an answer to if you can watch the game back later on CATV (I think you asked earlier?) cos I can't watch in Saturday. 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Need another LB option badly. I imagine we'll rely on the full backs for our attacking width
    I don't.  I suspect that Clare will be our right back and we will play 3 in possession, 4 out of it.   I look forward to the Fraser, Kirk, SS triangle that is potentially brewing on the left.

Did you get an answer to if you can watch the game back later on CATV (I think you asked earlier?) cos I can't watch in Saturday. 
    Wasn't me who asked that!

I suspect not, as there are no full match replays for the other pre season games
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Need another LB option badly. I imagine we'll rely on the full backs for our attacking width

Wasn't me who asked that!

I suspect not, as there are no full match replays for the other pre season games
    Woops sorry someone did.
  • Sponsored links:

• Nothing in Alan Nixon's story shocker
  • Is Jack Ross lightly to do us any favours after what we did to him at Sunderland?
  • Jac_52 said:
    The Colchester right back in the second half Junior Tchamadeu looks a prospect. Only 18 and looked like he had better than league 2 potential tonight.
    I don't want to clog this thread up with non-rumour posts, but he was at Charlton until 2020.

We either let him leave or he chose to go to Colchester. No disrespect to the U's, but I think it was the former.
  • edited July 2022
  • My worry is that JFC could struggle with the high press due to said injuries and his body not handling it.

I like him and he would go with my best wishes but he always struck me as a player who prefers to sit and dictate play. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Garner obviously doesn’t rate him v the other options 
  • Not a player I would want to lose, but with the options we have in the middle of the park I can see why it would make sense for both parties. 
  • Top heavy in centre midfield, gets the wage bill reduced and a fee to boot as well. 
  • Only has one year deal and I suspect unlikely to sign a new contract? 
  • edited July 2022
    Cafc43v3r said:
    It wouldn't be the end of the World for me, but would prefer to lose Gilbey.