Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2022 transfer rumours (Gilbey loan confirmed p513, a signing falls through last minute p541)

Comments

• Rest of window / season will go like this…

1. Kirk sold
    2. JFC/Gilbey sold
    3. JRS in on loan
    4. McKirdy in (perm)
    5. Simpson in (perm)
    6. Defender in (loan)
    7. 85 pts
    8. Wembley promotion
    9. Open top bus celebration
    10. Statue of Garner built outside Museum
    Who is  Simpson? Don't  say Bart. 
    Tyreece Simpson. Ipswich attacker, was on loan at Swindon for part of last season
  • thenewbie said:
    Rest of window / season will go like this…

1. Kirk sold
    2. JFC/Gilbey sold
    3. JRS in on loan
    4. McKirdy in (perm)
    5. Simpson in (perm)
    6. Defender in (loan)
    7. 85 pts
    8. Wembley promotion
    Homer.
    Marge

1. Kirk sold
    2. JFC/Gilbey sold
    3. JRS in on loan
    4. McKirdy in (perm)
    5. Simpson in (perm)
    6. Defender in (loan)
    7. 85 pts
    8. Wembley promotion
    Not good enough. Anything outside the top 2 is failure!

1. Kirk sold
    2. JFC/Gilbey sold
    3. JRS in on loan
    4. McKirdy in (perm)
    5. Simpson in (perm)
    6. Defender in (loan)
    7. 85 pts
    8. Wembley promotion
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tyreece_Simpson
  • thenewbie said:
    Rest of window / season will go like this…

1. Kirk sold
    2. JFC/Gilbey sold
    3. JRS in on loan
    4. McKirdy in (perm)
    5. Simpson in (perm)
    6. Defender in (loan)
    7. 85 pts
    8. Wembley promotion
    Homer.
    Marge
    Lets not be silly... Its gonna be Grandpa... there have already been sightings of him arriving at Sparrow Lane

1. Kirk sold
    2. JFC/Gilbey sold
    3. JRS in on loan
    4. McKirdy in (perm)
    5. Simpson in (perm)
    6. Defender in (loan)
    7. 85 pts
    8. Wembley promotion
    I demand you take a drug test
  • edited August 2022
    Let's be honest 
    We ain't going up
    End off 
    Well you've got a 50/50 chance of being correct.
  • Let's be honest 
    We ain't going up
    End off 
    Well you've got a 50/50 chance of being correct.
    87.5/12.5 chance 
  • shirty5 said:
    RedRobin said:
    Scoham said:
    Oggy Red said:
    It's getting grim on this thread ..... not only is there no rumours but no one has posted any other bollox for nearly an hour. :astonished:

Isn’t this “Conor” in fact our very own Ronnie Moore aka Colin?
    Never been denied 
    It’s not me … don’t use Twitter anymore 
    Thank F**K for that 
  • Sponsored links:

• edited August 2022
    Let's be honest 
    We ain't going up
    End off 
    Not got the lotto numbers aswell by any chance?🤣 although I agree our current forward line would suggest you don’t need a crystal ball.
     Oh hang on I feel a little dodgy there, I wrote something that could be perceived as negative, whatever will I do🙄😂
  • edited August 2022
    Let’s see how we do between now and the end of the month, both in terms of results and transfers.

Not willing to rule out a promotion charge just yet. If we looked totally hopeless for 90 minutes on Saturday, that’d be a harder sell. But there was plenty to be encouraged by. Especially in the first half. And Payne & Leaburn’s cameos.

The right additions on top of what we have could be the key. 👍
  • I do have you smile when I read people still saying "let's wait until the end of the transfer window....."

• edited August 2022
    Let’s see how we do between now and the end of the month, both in terms of results and transfers.

Not willing to rule out a promotion charge just yet. If we looked totally hopeless for 90 minutes on Saturday, that’d be a harder sell. But there was plenty to be encouraged by. Especially in the first half. And Payne & Leaburn’s cameos.

The right additions on top of what we have could be the key. 👍
    Yes, I don’t think we are a million miles away, like you say it’s about the right signings added to what we have. BG will work on the problems of Saturday you would hope. Everyone will drop points they don’t expect to, so Saturday was a point gained.

cheers for the LOL👍
  • I do have you smile when I read people still saying "let's wait until the end of the transfer window....."

Let’s not wait until the end of the window!!,  is that better😜🤣

Why's that golfie?

Why's that golfie?
    Because all the decent players have obviously been signed already

Not to mention the Premier League sides who have yet to make a decision on loaning out their kids, as they're undecided at the moment whether they should be included in their own League campaigns.

But then if they're right / we're wrong... Or we're right / they're wrong...

Its because we're all geniuses rather than lucky with predictions ;)
  • Sponsored links:

• edited August 2022
    shirty5 said:
    RedRobin said:
    Scoham said:
    Oggy Red said:
    It's getting grim on this thread ..... not only is there no rumours but no one has posted any other bollox for nearly an hour. :astonished:

Isn’t this “Conor” in fact our very own Ronnie Moore aka Colin?
    Never been denied 
    It’s not me … don’t use Twitter anymore 
    Do you ‘seriously’ expect anyone to believe you.
    I am not saying it is you, however Colin, you denying it means absolutely nothing at the end of the day simply because you are an inveterate bull shitter. 🤥🤥🤥
  • I'd also argue we have hit the ground running in terms of the Transfer Market and ahead of the season.

Looking at the team, the back five are done and dusted, its frustrating Egbo is injured but cant be helped, and ideally we need another Left-Back... But we do have Sessegnon, and just have to hope, and expect him not to get injured between now and September, unless of course the plan is for Clayden to be his backup.

Midfield | Striker | Wingers... We probably had our first choice against Accrington, with DJ / Kirk the only debatable position, which I imagine will be decided once Rak-Sakyi or someone else joins - I'm confident we wont get another Striker to replace Stockley, partly because he's just been named captain, and no proven Striker will join at this stage, knowing that they wont be first choice, the moment they walk through the door... Hence why its probably another U21 striker we're waiting for a Premier League side to make a decision on.

The question is now... Is the squad we have, good enough to mount a challenge on the top six, or at least make a continued upwards improvement on 13th last season, because we sure as hell dont want to go backwards.

No doubt people will claim that it cant happen, but this is a Division where sides can be promotion challengers one year, and then go back to being a classic mid-table side the next - Final chance for many to prove last season, was nothing more than a blip.
  • Laddick01 said:
    You cannot judge a transfer window until it ends.

We do need to sign a few more, but the negativity is so boring. 
    Why does an alternative view have to be classed as negative and boring. 

This is a message board and multiple people have multiple views 
    Probably because the alternative view to negative is positive.