Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2022 transfer rumours (Gilbey loan confirmed p513, a signing falls through last minute p541)

Comments

• Surprisingly, as Golfie is my fucking hero, I am optimistic about this season. Do I expect the team to beat that out of me pretty sharpish? Well yes. Are these new pills fucking with my head?  What pills?
  • edited August 2022
    Jac_52 said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Almost all the players we have had in the last 2 years, to me come under the definition of;

"You won't get promoted if x is your y, but x being your y doesn't mean you can't get promoted".

I think if you look at Bowyer's squad, and to a lesser extent Powell's, Curbs play off team as well, you probably had 10ish players like that.  If not more.

They all had "not good enough for a promotion team" players as well.

What we really lack is players that "if you have him in the side you have a chance".
    We need 5 of them.  Until we get them we are going no where.

I said at the end of the 20/21 season we need to replace out 5 worst with 5 "best" players.  I don't think we have 5 "worst" any more, but I don't think we have 5 "best" either.

It's not scientific, but I don't look at our squad and think "wow that's a cracking signing" or "how did you get him to join/stay at a L1 club". Decent players yes, but none that really stand out. Especially when we are starting from a lower base than Bowyer did in the summer of 2018. 

I suspect that most outsiders feel that way too, judging that the pundits and bookies all seem to be tipping us for mid table mediocrity at the moment. 

https://www.bettingodds.com/news/league-1-winner-odds-22-23

We're in much better shape than we were this time last season and the bookies tipped us for the playoffs so what do they know.
    Obviously bookies would always start with the premise that a club will end up roughly where they were the previous season unless they improve their squad, or the squad gets weaker. Our squad is possibly a little stronger, but not enough to make the bookies think we’ll be top six. Not yet at least.
  • Jac_52 said:
    Danthered said:
    Wiki says he just signed a new 2 year deal with BR in June.

Also got injured on his debuts with both Rotherham & BR. Then got a red card for head butting an opponent on his return from injury.

Sounds just like our type of player. 

Oh....and he's 5ft 5. 

Never heard of him but yeah he's not played more than 9 league games in a season over the last 3 seasons.
    Fits the criteria as back up left back to sessignon then?
  • If Peterborough hold on to their players they are going to piss the league…after that it’s anyone’s 
    You mean after selling Szmodicks.
  • edited August 2022

I reckon the boat might have a better turning circle than old Naby.
  • Hal1x said:

Can't ping a crossfield ball or put away a classy finish nearly as well though. 
  • Regarding Kirk, it's concerning to me that Champo clubs are consistently rumored to be interested in him (obviously Blackpool were interested in him). He didn't fit the system under Adkins in part due to a lack of attacking overlapping LB. He couldn't make the adjustment to playing as a 10. He clearly didn't fit into Jacko's system. He didn't start our first game of the season and when he came on he didn't make an impact.

I know sometimes things don't work out with a player, but he's had three different managers and three different systems. Obviously, we're one game into the Garner Era but you'd think a player with interest from the Championship would be first choice easily, especially given that don't have the most quality or depth out wide. I guess he's up against CBT who was also rumored to have Championship interest.

I don't know, it feels like we're doing something wrong with him. Or our scouting department and other teams' scouting departments see something that isn't there. 
  • edited August 2022
    Rothko said:
    Signing Stockton, will be like overpaying for the player who looked good in a poor team in the World Cup. One hot season isn’t worth a load of money. 
    Like Kermogant and Mendonca. Best striker we can prob afford…
  • PWADDICK said:

At least he’s got the nod of approval from Barton
    OMG I'm praying that this rumour is just BS.
  • Sponsored links:

• we were linked to him at the end of last season until he signed on with Bristol again. If I remember rightly, their fans were pretty pleased about it too.
  • Jim SDAddick said:
    Hal1x said:

Can't ping a crossfield ball or put away a classy finish nearly as well though. 
    Unlikely to get bullied by our local rivals striker and lose in the last minute either - I don’t think nabby is the answer and tbh if we don’t sort our strike force out, we will be pissing in the wind this year anyway so just hoping all focus is on that atm 
  • CafcSCP said:
    we were linked to him at the end of last season until he signed on with Bristol again. If I remember rightly, their fans were pretty pleased about it too.
    BR fans pleased on the basis of SEVEN appearances last season?
  • Redhenry said:
    Rothko said:
    Signing Stockton, will be like overpaying for the player who looked good in a poor team in the World Cup. One hot season isn’t worth a load of money. 
    Like Kermogant and Mendonca. Best striker we can prob afford…
    Mendonca's record prior to joining us is worlds better than Stockton and Kermongant was a cheap gamble (and his record prior to Leicester was something Stockton could dream of) 
  • I warned you all its school holidays. Ignore everything you see on Twitter unless it’s from the OS.
    Just waiting for ‘@marksprin’ to post it up on his Twitter as fact now. 
  • I warned you all its school holidays. Ignore everything you see on Twitter unless it’s from the OS.
    Thanks Conor 
  • Sponsored links:

Or unless Fabrizio Romano decides to dip into some league one transfers.
  • This Bristol Rovers left back doesn’t sound good. You’ve got to question why we didn’t just extend the contract of our 4th top goal scorer from last season (Ben Purrington) if this is the best we can do.
    Because Purrington would want to be first choice where the Bristol lad will be brought in as back up.. to develop. 
    How much more time does a 24-year old need to develop?
  • edited August 2022
    Scoham said:
    I warned you all its school holidays. Ignore everything you see on Twitter unless it’s from the OS.
    He already has

Excellent. If anyone links to another one of his ‘rumour’ tweets I propose an automatic three match ban from the forum. 
  • Scoham said:
    I warned you all its school holidays. Ignore everything you see on Twitter unless it’s from the OS.
    He already has

Bloke is an embarrassment!
  • edited August 2022
    Now there's something to celebrate, someone called Trevor!

Gonna dig out my Ian Dury collection in anticipation.
  • Sambcafc said:
    Danthered said:
    I am in a WhatsApp group with the guy that put this up. It’s completely made up. To wind up BR fans apparently… so can stop speculating on this one
    Expecting Alan Nixon to tweet in a few days that we may or may not sign left back Trevor Clarke from Bristol Rovers.