Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2022 transfer rumours (Gilbey loan confirmed p513, a signing falls through last minute p541)

Comments

• Gilbey’s liked a few tweets wishing him luck for the season.

• Sooner foster caskey than mccrap
    Mccrap? And there was me thinking it couldn’t get worse than A&eke. 
  • My only problem with McGrandles is that I need subtitles when he speaks.
  • McGrandles being written off already blimey that’s quick even by CL standards, chill out the guy has had no time.  
    It's this incredible need to hate people have. Doesn't matter if it's a thing you love, there has to be an element of it that you hate that ruins it a bit. Can't ever having anything nice. We'd be in the Premier League if it wasn't for McGrandles, we'd win the Champions League if it wasn't for Stockley.
    Don’t think anybody hates Stockley tbf. 
    But McGrandles was getting slagged off after one match, which is bizarre. 
  • Sponsored links:

• I can’t see why we got him Dobson is so much better as garner has already found out. So where does he play I don’t think he suits the other midfield places. 
    Yes I can see people saying how can you write him off but the lack of effort in the minutes his played is  unbelievable
    Needs 5 or so decent performances in u23 before he gets back on bench imo. 
    It says in tunnel this team never gives up he don’t get going I can only recall 1 tackle  so far I’ve never been less impressed by a new signing. Looks totally uninterested. 
    People say how good he was for Lincoln against us I can’t remember him standing out Whittaker who scored against us midweek or Scully yes but not him. 
    Oh it’s showmetheway2gohome in the T-shirts me and my brother printed and sold at selhurst park. 
    Ok Sam boy with a girls name or is it girl with a boys name. Have you got a dick between your legs as well as on top of your head. Never know nowadays 

McGrandles Is not a holding mid like Dobson so you compare the two 
  • Even if Simpson ends up going to Huddersfield is there not a good chance we then get him on loan for the year? Will he be ready for Championship football already?
  • Well why did Garner start him there in first game. And does he go in for morgan or Fraser not on what I’ve seen has he completed a pass yet so where’s he going to play centre forward in place of stockley. Nope sorry don’t get signing him.when we got caskey. I’m not keen on gilbey but his shown more than him. 
    Hope your all right and I’m wrong but if a midfielder is out of form you at least put yourself about. Which he ain’t 
  • edited August 2022
    I haven't rated what I have seen as yet, but I don't expect it will be long before we do. He has only ever played a partial season at CDM - he has played the majority of his games as a CM/CAM. 

Also he broke his hand closing down the keeper. Was immediately clear he had done something to it. 
  • McGrandles will be great for us when he settles in, had a fair bit of interest from Championship let alone League One competition and we got him - looking forward to seeing him play more, not his fault the likes of Fraser and a reinvented consistent Morgan are keeping him out of the side. He can play DM, but that is not his natural position/role, he is more box to box, so expect to see more of him if either of Morgan or Fraser’s form, or fitness dip. Needs to recover from op first c3 weeks.

We all need a bit of patience and faith. There were big questions around Dobbo and Clare last year towards the start, they have turned out more than ok. I don’t think we will have many negative views on our most recent signings come the end of this season. Whether injuries, the players complementing one another, remaining consistent etc will impact our push for promotion are all valid questions, but I think all of the individuals signed have some proven quality at this level or thereabouts around them. 
  • Sponsored links:

• edited August 2022
    Well why did Garner start him there in first game. And does he go in for morgan or Fraser not on what I’ve seen has he completed a pass yet so where’s he going to play centre forward in place of stockley. Nope sorry don’t get signing him.when we got caskey. I’m not keen on gilbey but his shown more than him. 
    Hope your all right and I’m wrong but if a midfielder is out of form you at least put yourself about. Which he ain’t 
    Against Derby? - Morgan was played @ CDM that game

McGrandles played the box to box role, but we couldn't get forward, as Morgan is no George Dobson - When the latter came on, he anchored the Midfield better, with Morgan going out wide, yet dropping alongside Dobson when he needed to.

Think the one thing that has been pretty obvious so far, is the fact that Morgan is rated by Garner, and will be shoe horned into the team where possible - Unfortunately it didnt work against Derby, but we've not really had an opportunity to try it again since.
  • Yeah, lanky b@stard ;)
  • mendonca said:
    Agree - I think it's telling that after McGrandles broke his hand, he winced a few times but still burst into tackles and had an excellent 1on1 run and shot saved by the goalie. Brave lad.
    Too early to write him off . Had a knee injury back end of last season and behind everyone else on fitness as had a curtailed pre season . Always stood out when we played Lincoln. 
  • Cannon could be a big hit for us with his explosive pace.

(EDIT: have we done the cannon puns yet?) 
  • Morgan has never played CDM. He is not a CDM he plays deep playmaker. But we got over run by Derby in midfield we were lucky he got injured and Dobson came on and gave our midfield some bite. 
    Yes mcgradels  has only played 84 minutes his passes haven’t come off. But you at least put yourself about and try to give a good impression. 
    Like I say hope your alright and I’m wrong. 
    Right time for some drugs now.