Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2022 transfer rumours (Gilbey loan confirmed p513, a signing falls through last minute p541)

Comments

• League 1 interest apparently, fingers crossed
  • I can’t see why we got him Dobson is so much better as garner has already found out. So where does he play I don’t think he suits the other midfield places. 
    Yes I can see people saying how can you write him off but the lack of effort in the minutes his played is  unbelievable
    Needs 5 or so decent performances in u23 before he gets back on bench imo. 
    It says in tunnel this team never gives up he don’t get going I can only recall 1 tackle  so far I’ve never been less impressed by a new signing. Looks totally uninterested. 
    People say how good he was for Lincoln against us I can’t remember him standing out Whittaker who scored against us midweek or Scully yes but not him. 
    Oh it’s showmetheway2gohome in the T-shirts me and my brother printed and sold at selhurst park. 
    Ok Sam boy with a girls name or is it girl with a boys name. Have you got a dick between your legs as well as on top of your head. Never know nowadays 
    Looooool
  • Anthony Scully linked with us and multiple other clubs, can play anywhere across the front three and he wears the number 11 shirt that will be vacant when Gilbey’s off. That would be good business if we can get it done.
    Think Callum would be happy... Know someone on here really rates him
  • Another Lincoln lad, do they need any other players we can fob off on them, DJ perhaps?
  • Anthony Scully linked with us and multiple other clubs, can play anywhere across the front three and he wears the number 11 shirt that will be vacant when Gilbey’s off. That would be good business if we can get it done.
    Maybe we could do what happened with Ipswich and Portsmouth between Harness and Pigott

Loan them Gilbey and take Scully permanently 
  • PWADDICK said:

League 1 interest apparently, fingers crossed
    He's the type of striker we're missing, less bothered about Stockley, it's the wider of the three who gets on the end of the play 
  • Honestly would just go all out for McKirdy. Play him as a number 9 in the front 3. Wouldn't need long to settle in as he'd be used to the way Garner works and the type of tactics he'd use. No brainer imo
  • Scully is a top top player. He was the best player on the pitch against us last season. Got a mate who supports Lincoln who reckons he is quality and won’t be there for long. Surprised there isn’t more interest from championship clubs.
  • Sponsored links:

Another one I've mentioned in the last few weeks, I can't see it happening though unless we're about to lose Kirk for a pretty decent fee. 
  • McKirdy is a fantastic player but bit of a nutcase off the pitch. 

Would be a great signing IF Garner can manage his personality and avoid him disrupting the rest of the squad, hopefully just a case of a young player who needs a bit of trust and an arm round the shoulder, and if Garner has worked with him before maybe he's the right fit (or alternatively, maybe Garner's past experience of his personality is the reason why we've not already gone for him!)
  • edited August 2022
    Didn’t realise Scully was ex West Ham academy and from London.
    Young at 23 too. Would be a decent signing if one of the alleged three with a centre back and striker. 
  • edited August 2022
    Morgan has never played CDM. He is not a CDM he plays deep playmaker. But we got over run by Derby in midfield we were lucky he got injured and Dobson came on and gave our midfield some bite. 
    Yes mcgradels  has only played 84 minutes his passes haven’t come off. But you at least put yourself about and try to give a good impression. 
    Like I say hope your alright and I’m wrong. 
    Right time for some drugs now. 
     Do you mean McGrandles not Morgan?
  • I really like stockley. He is an old school centre forward with limitations. He's Strong,aggressive and intelligent. Trouble is he's not very mobile and I think it's quite clear to see with garnerball we are screaming out for an attacking mobile forward!
    Succinctly and accurately put 
  • Scully and McKirdy are in a similar mold to Mallik Wilks and I would be very happy with either of them.

• With JRS Palace wouldn't let him go out on loan until a new deal was signed.

Could it be the same with Cannon?
    I think you’ve accidentally posted a transfer rumour in the Connor McGrandles thread.
    sorry @ElliotCAFC don't want to upset the McGrandles police
  • Well why did Garner start him there in first game. And does he go in for morgan or Fraser not on what I’ve seen has he completed a pass yet so where’s he going to play centre forward in place of stockley. Nope sorry don’t get signing him.when we got caskey. I’m not keen on gilbey but his shown more than him. 
    Hope your all right and I’m wrong but if a midfielder is out of form you at least put yourself about. Which he ain’t 
    Apart from the playing with a broken hand thing. 
  • I can’t see why we got him Dobson is so much better as garner has already found out. So where does he play I don’t think he suits the other midfield places. 
    Yes I can see people saying how can you write him off but the lack of effort in the minutes his played is  unbelievable
    Needs 5 or so decent performances in u23 before he gets back on bench imo. 
    It says in tunnel this team never gives up he don’t get going I can only recall 1 tackle  so far I’ve never been less impressed by a new signing. Looks totally uninterested. 
    People say how good he was for Lincoln against us I can’t remember him standing out Whittaker who scored against us midweek or Scully yes but not him. 
    Oh it’s showmetheway2gohome in the T-shirts me and my brother printed and sold at selhurst park. 
    Ok Sam boy with a girls name or is it girl with a boys name. Have you got a dick between your legs as well as on top of your head. Never know nowadays 
    Always room for a good hardworking midfielder in the squad - I expect him to take Morgan’s place in time and there’s no harm in having cover for Dobbo as well 
  • Maybe Simpson was first choice and now that has, perhaps, fallen through we are looking at the next names on the list EG McKirdy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AkSaxvk57mQ
  • Sponsored links:

• edited August 2022
    Big no from me on Scully. Not for any footballing reason, I just can't take the the threads of X-Files jokes that would follow
    Thought you were old enough to remember the TV series about the footballer called "Scully"

• I rate McKirdy but why he is so favoured over Stockton? They both have similar goal scoring records (Stocktons is slightly better) I grant McKirdy can play across the front line but he is def not an out & out striker. 
  • I rate McKirdy but why he is so favoured over Stockton? They both have similar goal scoring records (Stocktons is slightly better) I grant McKirdy can play across the front line but he is def not an out & out striker. 
    The way Garner wants to play an “out and out striker in the usual sense is not what he wants
  • edited August 2022
    I rate McKirdy but why he is so favoured over Stockton? They both have similar goal scoring records (Stocktons is slightly better) I grant McKirdy can play across the front line but he is def not an out & out striker. 
    4 years younger, quicker, has a higher upside, has potential to sell if he flops, and would I think would settle in London better? 
  • sam3110 said:
    Big no from me on Scully. Not for any footballing reason, I just can't take the the threads of X-Files jokes that would follow
    Wait until we're linked with Hitchcock of Cambridge, Holt from Livingston and Boyle from Hibernian.

Nine Nine!
    Peralta and Santiago are our Tevez and Mascherano deadline day coups, I reckon. 
    I would say that he is younger, knows the manager, comes from 'better pedigree' and as you mentioned can play across the front line.

I think it is clear my feelings on Stockton, but for me McKirdy would offer much less of a risk and much more of a chance of a return on your investment then Stockton. It also does seem that Stockton wants to remain up north as well.

As it currently stands, apparently only Fleetwood, Shrewsbury and Port Vale are in for Stockton with bids of around £100,000 which is well short of the £600,000 Morcambe are apparently asking for. Considering Portsmouth picked up Bishop for around £500,000 I would say that is far to much.

• Also Garner has worked with McKirdy before, he hasn't worked with Stockton