Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2022 transfer rumours (Gilbey loan confirmed p513, a signing falls through last minute p541)

Comments

• Premier League inside 5 years and Champions League in 10, blow our way out of L1 to...

"I don’t have a transfer fee available to go and bid for him. At the moment that would be a non-starter for us.”

Him being a L2 player.

Whatever you think of TS he could not have set expectations any more poorly when he arrived!
    Agreed. TS is still in credit with me because he saved the club from possibly going under. I wish he said something along the lines of "the club nearly died, as a result, it will take time to rebuild and move forward but we will move forward. This is a massive project and I can't put timescales on success at this stage". I think he would have a lot more people backing him if he did say something similar to this
    He’s American, what do you expect?
  • If we are after McKirdy, we have a few fringe/youth players that I think could help them as well as helping the development of our players.  I’d even let DJ go there if it got a deal done. 
  • mart77 said:
    If we are after McKirdy, we have a few fringe/youth players that I think could help them as well as helping the development of our players.  I’d even let DJ go there if it got a deal done. 
    I am sure DJ would be very grateful 
  • I think DJ will find his first team opportunities very limited unless our injuries get even worse. Not sure he’s up to League One tbh.
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    sammy391 said:
    I am more and more convinced they set the budget expecting someone to go for money and they haven't, yet.  

This can't be deliberate? 
    Remember at the start of the summer general view was Pope was worth £15-20M wasn't it.  Didn't Burnley cash in at closer to £8M.  So our sell on say £2m less than expected??  Also was a chance Gomez would go too which didn't happen.
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    sammy391 said:
    I am more and more convinced they set the budget expecting someone to go for money and they haven't, yet.  

Remember at the start of the summer general view was Pope was worth £15-20M wasn't it.  Didn't Burnley cash in at closer to £8M.  So our sell on say £2m less than expected??  Also was a chance Gomez would go too which didn't happen.

On the above, forgot to mention before but we get another slug of money from Liverpool when Gomez hits 100 league games for them, he isn't too far off that now and may give us more room to manoeuvre in January.

• Sponsored links:

• Garners comments are depressing. Without further striking options, we will not get promoted which means that we remain stuck in this perpetual Groundhog Day loop of 3rd division football with declining attendances. I am supportive of TS but unless something dramatic and positive happens on the transfer front in the next 10 days, we will need to try and generate new investment from somewhere else because the current owner is unlikely to be able to take us forward. 
  • mendonca said:
    I've just seen an article calling Gilbey, a Charlton STAR. Isn't it time journalists used another word to describe a transfer target.
    That'll be an article fed by AG's agent to the YTS bod filling a 'journalist' post 
  • We arent a bottomless pit of money. 

Being annoyed or whatever is laughable... its frustrating as you want the club to sign the best but if we are keeping to a budget then so be it...be financially viable for the future or in ruin in 2-3 seasons cause we spent needlessly?

Could be a smokescreen to not give away our financial position or just keeping the purse strings nice and tight. Best wait and see what i looks like when the transfer window slams shut.  
    Unless you believe that commercial income will increase massively being in league 1 for another 2-3 years is not financially viable either.

I am not annoyed but I really can't get my head round the fact we can't sign someone until we off load someone else.  When that player had his contract renewed 10 weeks ago. 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    sammy391 said:

On the above, forgot to mention before but we get another slug of money from Liverpool when Gomez hits 100 league games for them, he isn't too far off that now and may give us more room to manoeuvre in January.

How do you/we quantify the slug sum?!
  • McCormick off to Bristol Rovers
  • Garners comments are depressing. Without further striking options, we will not get promoted which means that we remain stuck in this perpetual Groundhog Day loop of 3rd division football with declining attendances. I am supportive of TS but unless something dramatic and positive happens on the transfer front in the next 10 days, we will need to try and generate new investment from somewhere else because the current owner is unlikely to be able to take us forward. 
    The last set of owners weren’t taking us forward, they were taking us down. We won’t get great owners until Roland sells the Valley and TG at an appropriate price, until then TS is the best we can hope for.
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    sammy391 said:

Basing you budget on something that may or may not happen and is totally under out of your control isn't much smarter is it? 
  • The 'Sandgaard's skint' squad is going to have a field day with that article. 
    To be fair the cost cutting and limiting ourselves to frees and loans gives the impression TS may be looking to sell in the near future.
  • Sponsored links:

• sammy391 said:
    Only if you ignore about half of it.
    "IF"  anybody is sold for a fee then there's room in the squad numbers limit and the possibility of paying a fee to acquire a new player

That's nothing new is it?  We've known all summer that Sandgaard's purse strings are not the only constraints on recruitment.

What is Garner supposed to say?

How useful would it be for him to say "... I've got 1.5 to 2 mill waiting to sign the players.."?  Straightaway the cost of any player is £2M innit?

FWIW I doubt there's £200 for fees and we won't see any incoming at all, certainly no paid for acquisitions.  We're looking at 4 months with critical shortages up front and in both fullback berths, plus we're one injury or suspension away from having to rely on Inniss!!  Who reminded us on Saturday just how inconsistent he is and how bad his bad spells can be.
  • Money from Pope this summer, money from Burstow in January, and yet we are too tight to spend a single fee on someone this transfer window. Talks a complete load of shite Sandgaard, but at least we have a nice wanky American song on spotify 
    The last set of owners weren’t taking us forward, they were taking us down. We won’t get great owners until Roland sells the Valley and TG at an appropriate price, until then TS is the best we can hope for.
    This
  • Premier League inside 5 years and Champions League in 10, blow our way out of L1 to...

"I don’t have a transfer fee available to go and bid for him. At the moment that would be a non-starter for us.”

Him being a L2 player.

Whatever you think of TS he could not have set expectations any more poorly when he arrived!
    Agreed. TS is still in credit with me because he saved the club from possibly going under. I wish he said something along the lines of "the club nearly died, as a result, it will take time to rebuild and move forward but we will move forward. This is a massive project and I can't put timescales on success at this stage". I think he would have a lot more people backing him if he did say something similar to this
    He’s American, what do you expect?
    He should have been honest from the start 
    And admitted he does not have the wealth to rin a loss making club. He could have told us he needs to get losses down to near zero as he cannot afford 8 million pounds a year loss. Then we would not have expected too much.
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    We arent a bottomless pit of money. 

Being annoyed or whatever is laughable... its frustrating as you want the club to sign the best but if we are keeping to a budget then so be it...be financially viable for the future or in ruin in 2-3 seasons cause we spent needlessly?

Could be a smokescreen to not give away our financial position or just keeping the purse strings nice and tight. Best wait and see what i looks like when the transfer window slams shut.  
    Unless you believe that commercial income will increase massively being in league 1 for another 2-3 years is not financially viable either.

I am not annoyed but I really can't get my head round the fact we can't sign someone until we off load someone else.  When that player had his contract renewed 10 weeks ago. 
    No it wont but that still doesnt make it viable to chuck money at anything and everything. No doubt we need to get out this division to increase income but if we dont then we need to be as financially secure as possible to cope with being stuck here. 
  • CBT Injured = DJ in.