Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2022 transfer rumours (Gilbey loan confirmed p513, a signing falls through last minute p541)

Comments

• I thought this thread was a Transfer Rumours thread, yet everytime I have a read it seems to be people falling out with each other and very few rumours!! 
    Can we, finally, agree that 99% of people on this site agree that we need another striker and some people also want another CB, furthermore some people want another LB.
    So if those 3 positions are generally agreed, can we please stop arguing and sniping and repeating ourselves over and over again, and just post some rumours, or is that too much to ask? Thanks.
    NB I'm sue BG knows what he wants  so I'll trust his judgement, afterall he's the professional and the Manager.
    I think we need a striker, absolutely.

But I think prioritising a centre half, as BG has said, is the best thing to do.  

It’s purely for numbers, we’ve 3 strikers for 1 position, we’ve 3 centre halves for 2 positions.  And we have 1 injury prone striker and 1 injury prone centre half.  Makes perfect sense to me.  
  • Plaaayer said:
    If you can’t see that Stockley either doesn’t fit the system we’re playing or isn’t good enough for it, you don’t have a clue about football I’m afraid. 
    We’ll then, you’re saying Garner doesn’t have a clue about football. He’s seen him in pre-season for months and is so confident he’s made him captain. I personally think we need another striker but then Garner has 17 years experience as a pro coach and I don’t.
  • 178 posts, who have we been linked with.....nope, douchers on one!!!!
  • Plaaayer said:
    If you can’t see that Stockley either doesn’t fit the system we’re playing or isn’t good enough for it, you don’t have a clue about football I’m afraid. 
    We’ll then, you’re saying Garner doesn’t have a clue about football. He’s seen him in pre-season for months and is so confident he’s made him captain. I personally think we need another striker but then Garner has 17 years experience as a pro coach and I don’t.
    Garner has said ideally he wants a striker, CB and FB so he agrees with you.
  • edited August 2022
    shirty5 said:

That has been doctored.  I haver NEVER been in the same room as Golfie!!
    Yes it’s Felt News and another example of Deep Felt technology IWGMC
  • Sponsored links:

• Can we start next season's transfer rumours thread yet! I am tired of 2022s.
  • edited August 2022
    Scoham said:
    Plaaayer said:
    Garner has said ideally he wants a striker, CB and FB so he agrees with you.
    You’re right, but Plaaayer said if anybody thinks Stockley is working then they don’t know anything about football. While I agree with him Garner certainly doesn’t, he’s seen him in training all summer and made him captain, meaning if he’s fit he’ll play. I’m a fan, never coached a football team in my life and would find it hard to call out Garner who has 17 years more experience than me. 
  • JamesSeed said:
    I thought this thread was a Transfer Rumours thread, yet everytime I have a read it seems to be people falling out with each other and very few rumours!! 
    Can we, finally, agree that 99% of people on this site agree that we need another striker and some people also want another CB, furthermore some people want another LB.
    So if those 3 positions are generally agreed, can we please stop arguing and sniping and repeating ourselves over and over again, and just post some rumours, or is that too much to ask? Thanks.
    NB I'm sue BG knows what he wants  so I'll trust his judgement, afterall he's the professional and the Manager.
    Nice to meet you Sue. 
    How do you do
    Now you are gonna die
    I don't think we've quite reached the Kicking and a' gouging in the mud and the blood and the beer stage yet. Let's leave something to look forward to on Thursday even if no more rumours.
  • shirty5 said:
    Macronate said:
    These are cracking rumours for a BH Monday.
    Always kicks off on here on an August Bank Holiday. 
    Why can’t everyone just calm down and look forward to ITV showing us a James Bond film from around 3pm.  That’s how I remember my bank holidays growing up 
  • Maybe there should be a thread specifically for the discussion of our 22/23 season which would hopefully take a lot of the non-rumours discussion away from here... although this page would certainly be very quiet without it!
  • edited August 2022
    Plaaayer said:

This question is for Ben Garner obviously or otherwise Ben should be pleading for Thomas Sandgaard to sanction another forward to come to the club ASAP.
    I'm sure he is to Steve Gallen and Martin Sandgaard.

Big Centre forwards like Jayden who give 100% to the cause need players around then in the box. Not happening enough in the away games at the moment.
  • edited August 2022
    Macronate said:
    These are cracking rumours for a BH Monday.
    Blow the rumours, this is all much more enjoyable!
  • Hal1x said:
    Chunes said:
    Perhaps it's the stats that are driving the club to look at a CB before a striker. 

Attacking stats: 

5th in the league for goals per match.

3rd in the league for expected goals. 

6th in the league for shots on target per match.

Defensive stats:

8th for xG conceded (1st being worse).

10th for saves per match. 

17th for clean sheets.

Some interesting unrelated stats. We're 2nd in the league for accurate long balls, behind only Fleetwood. And we're 23rd for possession won in final 3rd per match (so much for the press).
    Whats an expected goal?
    It’s a pointless stat that’s all the rage nowadays
  • Sponsored links:

• Ok so if we all want a striker how about we put forward some sensible suggestions.  And i dont mean Stockton.

realistic, affordable and suited to our playing style.  Name please.  
  • Swisdom said:
    Ok so if we all want a striker how about we put forward some sensible suggestions.  And i dont mean Stockton.

So far we’ve had:
    Lyle Taylor
    Omar Bogle

…erm that’s about it
  • Can someone narrow down this list to exclude anyone over the age of 25, under 6 ft and slow?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/league-two/top-scorers
  • Swisdom said:
    Ok so if we all want a striker how about we put forward some sensible suggestions.  And i dont mean Stockton.

So far we’ve had:
    Lyle Taylor
    Omar Bogle

…erm that’s about it
      McKirdy, the end.
  • Scoham said:
    Can someone narrow down this list to exclude anyone over the age of 25, under 6 ft and slow?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/league-two/top-scorers
    Brandon Thomas-Asante is 5 foot 11 so close enough.
  • Swisdom said:

Daniel Udoh - Shrewsbury
  • Swisdom said:

I want a striker/front three who can interchange positions and be comfortable playing out wide or in the centre. Think it makes it really difficult for defenders to pick up players if your ‘striker, can drift out wide, whilst a wide player comes central.

So I’d have as Scott Twine on loan if it was possible.