Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2022 transfer rumours (Gilbey loan confirmed p513, a signing falls through last minute p541)

Comments

• JamesSeed said:
    Ben Thompson has joined Peterborough. Always rated him. 
    Good. We don't want another Ben.
    He'd never ever sign for us anyway 
  • swordfish said:
    Last seasons summer signings, including those who signed new contracts (with Done Deal dates).  Apologies for missing off Ben Watson, his was an extension clause triggered I think. Almost a year to the day since Stockley!

Stockley 15th June
    McGillivray 28th June
    Dobson 1st July
    Forster-Caskey 5th July
    Famewo 8th July
    Matthews 8th July
    Clare 20th July
    Kirk 12th Aug
    Blackett-Taylor 20th Aug
    Lee 26th Aug
    Leko 31st Aug
    Arter 31st Aug
    Lavelle 31st Aug
    Souare 6th Sept
    Henderson 7th Sept
    Good information this.
    It sums up why we should do our business earlier this year.

Five of our late signings last season were as you have posted 

Lee
    Leco
    Arter
    Souare
    Henderson. 

That's the sort of players you are left with come the end of the window. 
    Let's not leave it that late this season. 
    and the season starts a week earlier for the league than last.
  • I thought we'd got over the "lets make a big signing as a signal of intent" phase.
  • ‘Welcome to The Valley, Ben Purrington!’
  • Didn't someone closeish to Marquis basically say it was a done deal a while ago? 
  • Didn't someone closeish to Marquis basically say it was a done deal a while ago? 
    Yes, and if that is true, he's better back up than JD imo, but not if he's coming in as CW's replacement. 
  • Sponsored links:

• DubaiCAFC said:
    Hope one of them is Tucker. Would be sign of intent I think. 
    Really not sure he if that’s great, and maybe not BG style.  I think too much hype around him!
    Wanted by champ clubs though isnt he so if we got him it shows we have a certain pull still.

Think he is highly rated though.
    Maybe by Gills he is highly rated.. but if serious championship interest he would have gone in January.. 

• Surely Garner is going to want his first signings to be everything that encapsulates him and his philosophy. However, Gallen did specifically say that a key area we are focusing on is defence, so potentially one is a full-back and will have to be attacking.

I have no inside track by the way. 
  • Sage said:
    Surely Garner is going to want his first signings to be everything that encapsulates him and his philosophy. However, Gallen did specifically say that a key area we are focusing on is defence, so potentially one is a full-back and will have to be attacking.

Thats just the sort of thing someone with an inside track would say ;)
  • https://www.bristolrovers.co.uk/news/2022/june/evans-stays/

Antony Evans signs a new deal at Bristol Rovers so one to cross off the list. 
  • Sage said:
    Surely Garner is going to want his first signings to be everything that encapsulates him and his philosophy. However, Gallen did specifically say that a key area we are focusing on is defence, so potentially one is a full-back and will have to be attacking.

SG has taught us that we can’t do signings in order, but it is exciting.
  • edited June 2022
    Redrobo said:
    Sage said:

We need 2 centre halves and 3 full backs. 
  • Surely it's going to be Marquis?

• 12 League goals since 18/19 I doubt any of those clubs are interested. Thats some really poor agent work right there, I mean come on, make it slightly realistic!

ITS HAPPENING!!!
  • Sponsored links:

• edited June 2022
    Oggy Red said:
    MarcusH26 said:
    https://www.bristolrovers.co.uk/news/2022/june/evans-stays/

Antony Evans signs a new deal at Bristol Rovers so one to cross off the list. 
    Means nothing ..... except if we did sign him, Bristol Rovers get a transfer fee!

Judging by the way Bristol Rovers have announced it, it doesn't look like he's going anywhere. Nice rumour while it lasted though. 
  • wmcf123 said:
    Redrobo said:
    Sage said:

Just on CH’s we have Lavelle backed up by Elewere, and a vacancy on the left with Ness as back up at the moment. Our manager may want more. 
    Full backs would be a good idea. 
    I am absolutely certain we know who we want and are confident of getting them in.
  • Redrobo said:
    wmcf123 said:
    Redrobo said:
    Sage said:

Just on CH’s we have Lavelle backed up by Elewere, and a vacancy on the left with Ness as back up at the moment. Our manager may want more. 
    I am absolutely certain we know who we want and are confident of getting them in.
    We have Inniss and Clare as CBs too.
  • Redrobo said:
    wmcf123 said:
    Redrobo said:
    Sage said:

I don’t mind Clare where he played for most of last season but I don’t fancy that he will play in the middle of a 4. I expect him to be he starting right back, depending on who we bring in 
  • Redrobo said:
    wmcf123 said:
    Redrobo said:
    Sage said:

Inniss if he is ever fit, but personally I would be happy for Clair to play right in a three, but not in a back four.
    i.e I don’t consider him to be CH.
  • edited June 2022
    I believe Sean Clare told Karl Robinson that he didn't want to play right back, and that ended with him leaving Oxford and coming to us. 
  • swordfish said:
    Didn't someone closeish to Marquis basically say it was a done deal a while ago? 
    Yes, and if that is true, he's better back up than JD imo, but not if he's coming in as CW's replacement. 
    I doubt he'd sign knowing that he would be starting on the bench most weeks.

We already have Stockley, Davison & Aneke - all big lads. We need something different. 
  • Garner usually plays 3 or 5 at the back.

Could easily see Clare being the right sided CB of the 3 CBs (hopefully competing for that place with Tucker).

With Innis, Lavelle, & another new CB competing for the other two CB spots.

….all backed up by Elewere if/when needed.

• Assuming we are returning to a back 4 then for centre back we have Lavelle, Inniss and Deji which is 3 good options for the right side, we just need a couple of left sided ones. Ness played national league south last season so I doubt he is going to step straight into our squad but does seem odd if we've kept him so maybe he will be involved 
  • NabySarr said:
    Assuming we are returning to a back 4 then for centre back we have Lavelle, Inniss and Deji which is 3 good options for the right side, we just need a couple of left sided ones. Ness played national league south last season so I doubt he is going to step straight into our squad but does seem odd if we've kept him so maybe he will be involved 
    Is Innis not left footed?