Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2022 transfer rumours (Gilbey loan confirmed p513, a signing falls through last minute p541)

Comments

• ButtleJR said:
    Vfrf said:
    Another forum reporting our entire Summer budget is £400,000. I'll let the 'Like to LOL ratio' gauge whether it's true or not.
    The hatred for TS on there is hilarious. Now saying he's on borrowed time when we are yet to unveil a signing. Even if it were to be true, Wigan spent about 600k and won the league. Big fees don't always result in success. 
    Buttle I may have got this wrong but didn't sandgaard say that he would be coming to the UK "with his investors" Did anybody get to the bottom of what he meant by that ?
    Not something I heard. 
  • ButtleJR said:
    ButtleJR said:
    Vfrf said:
    Another forum reporting our entire Summer budget is £400,000. I'll let the 'Like to LOL ratio' gauge whether it's true or not.
    The hatred for TS on there is hilarious. Now saying he's on borrowed time when we are yet to unveil a signing. Even if it were to be true, Wigan spent about 600k and won the league. Big fees don't always result in success. 
    I do agree, the wages we are offering is likely to impact our activity a lot more than the fees we pay. 

Although Wigan did spend a lot more than 600k, think Kerr alone cost that. 
    Only other fee was 32k for Shinnie. 
    No, there was also McClean, Tilt, Magennis and Humpreys. 
  • edited June 2022
    ButtleJR said:
    ButtleJR said:
    Vfrf said:
    I do agree, the wages we are offering is likely to impact our activity a lot more than the fees we pay. 

Although Wigan did spend a lot more than 600k, think Kerr alone cost that. 
    Only other fee was 32k for Shinnie. 
    No, there was also McClean, Tilt, Magennis and Humpreys. 
    Ah, fair enough. Apologies. Nonetheless, my point still stands. Massive spending isn't required to get out of this league. 
  • ButtleJR said:
    Vfrf said:
    Buttle I may have got this wrong but didn't sandgaard say that he would be coming to the UK "with his investors" Did anybody get to the bottom of what he meant by that ?

Think the term was "Shareholders" rather than investors. 
  • ButtleJR said:
    Vfrf said:

Think the term was "Shareholders" rather than investors. 
    Oh ok memory getting worse :-( Same question anyone ?
  • Scoham said:
    Anybody including Innis in our starting 11 need to have a re-think. It was a shocking decision to retain him based on his injury record and to build a defense with him in it is asking for trouble. 
    Yeah but he’s a nice guy and does a lot good work in the community. 
    Not defending  the decision, but my guess is that  his wages are low because of injury record
  • Redrobo said:
    8 days until the fixtures come out. I predict we will have three signings by then.
    I thought the fixtures were out tomorrow?
  • ButtleJR said:
    Vfrf said:

It was @DA9 who was told by a member of staff, who was asking him why he hadn't renewed his season ticket IIRC, that TS was coming over with other shareholders/investors.

It wasn't Sandgaard and it wasn't a senior member of staff (@da9 isn't that important) so no real significance at all IMHO 
  • Redrobo said:
    8 days until the fixtures come out. I predict we will have three signings by then.
    Premier league fixtures tomorrow 
  • Sponsored links:

• Vfrf said:
    If that’s the case we’ll get relegated. On that basis I think it’s bollox.
  • ButtleJR said:
    Vfrf said:

It was @DA9 who was told by a member of staff, who was asking him why he hadn't renewed his season ticket IIRC, that TS was coming over with other shareholders/investors.

It wasn't Sandgaard and it wasn't a senior member of staff (@da9 isn't that important) so no real significance at all IMHO 
    True, on all counts 

The words used was definitely shareholders

• Redrobo said:
    Premier league fixtures tomorrow 
    Only 3 more years to wait.
    For Champions League fixtures 😁
  • Redrobo said:
    EFL is 23 June.
  • Vfrf said:
    Even if that figure was true, which i doubt as someone has clearly just plucked it out of thin air, i'd say that will still be more than half of the division spend on transfer fees.
  • ButtleJR said:
    Vfrf said:

That seems an odd thing to say for no apparent reason though. Why volunteer it? And who was wearing those suits,  the ones👀  in with Thomas is his office last week I think you noted, IIRC? Might they have been 'other shareholders' or just routine business contacts do you think? 🤔
  • swordfish said:
    ButtleJR said:
    Vfrf said:

That seems an odd thing to say for no apparent reason though. Why volunteer it? And who was wearing those suits,  the ones👀  in with Thomas is his office last week I think you noted, IIRC? Might they have been 'other shareholders' or just routine business contacts do you think? 🤔
    I mentioned that I had heard TS was due over next week, and he offered it up, I’m a sales rep, I use words I think people want to hear to get them to sign up. 
  • edited June 2022
    Vfrf said:
    Even if that figure was true, which i doubt as someone has clearly just plucked it out of thin air, i'd say that will still be more than half of the division spend on transfer fees.
    A player costing nothing On 2k a week on a two year deal is going to cost the club a minimum of £104k just in wages per year.  Add on the not so visible costs and your looking at one player costing getting on towards 35% of the entire budget. £400k goes absolutely nowhere. If that’s our budget we’re screwed. 
  • Sponsored links:

• edited June 2022
    But a transfer budget is the budget for transfer fees, so just not the wage budget. TS said we would we be top 3 (I think?) for wages.

I honestly don't even like discussing this because the person who invented this number out of thin air has got what as they wanted!
  • edited June 2022
    Chunes said:
    But a transfer budget is the budget for transfer fees, not the wage budget. TS said we would we be top 3 (I think?) for wages.
    Is it ? Most of our incomings are going to cost nothing in transfer fees.
  • Guys, please behave yourself and refrain from discussing other forums on here. Thank you.

<it's what AFKA would want>
  • edited June 2022
    Chunes said:
    But a transfer budget is the budget for transfer fees, not the wage budget. TS said we would we be top 3 (I think?) for wages.
    Is it ? Most of our incomings are going to cost nothing in transfer fees.
    Yes it is. You've just said yourself that the number doesn't make sense. We have just cleared out our squad and can only afford one free player on 2k?

Not worth arguing over this made up number anyway!
  • edited June 2022

• 400k or 4mil. Irrelevant if you don’t spend it wisely and bar one or two, the fees spent on players under Sandgaard have been poor.

On fees we only spent on one player in 2018/2019 and that was Josh Parker. 

Money came in for Konsa, Grant, Magennis of course

As proved that season if you look and are willing to offer good wages to players, then you can attract people like Pratley, Taylor, Williams and utilise the loan market on Purrington, Cullen and Bielik.

• edited June 2022
    Very different market now though
  • Chunes said:
    From 4 years ago? The game has not changed since then
  • PWADDICK said:
    Photographer down at Sparrows Lane, photos for new signing possibly?
    Apparently under the photo he says he's not there for new signings or something  along those lines.
  • edited June 2022
    shirty5 said:
    Chunes said:
    From 4 years ago? The game has not changed since then
    Brexit happened and means that anyone below the Prem is forced to look in the UK. Everyone is shopping in the same small pool of talent.