Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2022 transfer rumours (Gilbey loan confirmed p513, a signing falls through last minute p541)

Comments

• NabySarr said:
    Assuming we are returning to a back 4 then for centre back we have Lavelle, Inniss and Deji which is 3 good options for the right side, we just need a couple of left sided ones. Ness played national league south last season so I doubt he is going to step straight into our squad but does seem odd if we've kept him so maybe he will be involved 
    Is Innis not left footed?
    No
  • NabySarr said:
    Assuming we are returning to a back 4 then for centre back we have Lavelle, Inniss and Deji which is 3 good options for the right side, we just need a couple of left sided ones. Ness played national league south last season so I doubt he is going to step straight into our squad but does seem odd if we've kept him so maybe he will be involved 
    Right... Famewo and Pearce have been our Left CBs the last two seasons
  • NabySarr said:
    No, he's right footed. He did play on the left in the cup game against Norwich so could be used on the left (particularly if we sign Tucker who would be another one for the right) but he's been on the right or middle every other game he's played for us
  • edited June 2022
    swordfish said:
    Didn't someone closeish to Marquis basically say it was a done deal a while ago? 
    Yes, and if that is true, he's better back up than JD imo, but not if he's coming in as CW's replacement. 
    I doubt he'd sign knowing that he would be starting on the bench most weeks.

We already have Stockley, Davison & Aneke - all big lads. We need something different. 
    Agreed, so possibly Davison to go out and a modern day Paul Williams type to come in as first choice pairing with Stockley. It worries me if Marquis does arrive as first choice despite him doing well at Donny, and he doesn't sound a good fit for BG's MO.

I guess they might have worked together at that other place, but I'm hoping the rumour is unfounded.

He'll probably be signing tomorrow then 😎
  • edited June 2022
    Our defensive three will likely be: Lavelle - Inniss - *New*. I hope Clare can come into either the RWB position or CM and can still be utilised as a CB in emergency. 

I expect our first team may look something like this over the next week:

M.Brewer
    Lavelle - Inniss - New
    Clare - Morgan - Dobson- Fraser - F.Caskey
    New - Stockley 

...and I genuinely felt a bit sad not typing Washington there. It also feels a mess with a CM at LWB & RWB respectively, but we have seen them both do well there.

I would also assume that B.Taylor & Aneke will be available from the bench (hopefully MacG also demoted to the bench)

I have no inside info other than two new players inbound and that was from Mr ButtleJR who keeps getting bits right. 

• Is Ness left footed? 
  • Sponsored links:

• Dazzler21 said:
    Our defensive three will likely be: Lavelle - Inniss - *New*. I hope Clare can come into either the RWB position or CM and can still be utilised as a CB in emergency. 

M.Brewer
    Lavelle - Inniss - New
    New - Stockley 

...and I genuinely felt a bit sad not typing Washington there. It also feels a mess with a CM at LWB & RWB respectively, but we have seen him do well there.

I have no inside info other than two new players inbound and that was from Mr ButtleJR who keeps getting bits right. 

I think 4-3-3 is a lot more likely as it is what Garner used at Swindon most and suits what we have more. 

Macca

Clare- Lavelle - NEW - NEW 

JFC - Dobson - Fraser 

CBT - Stockley - Kirk 

would probably want a new starting RB, CM, winger and striker instead of half of these if possible but probably unlikely to be that much overhaul 

• RC_CAFC said:
    NabySarr said:
    I actually followed Ness a bit in his loan as always been a fan of his watching and their fans said he was comfortably leagues above them and was reportedly being tracked by teams higher up the pyramid.

He may go out on loan again but I would like him  try and earn his chance in pre season.
    The club clearly have confidence in Ness, he's been here two years and we've given him a two year contract. Agree we should give him a chance in preseason and go from there. If he's not quite ready get him on loan again in League 2 or the National League.
  • Glad we kept him around as think there was rumour of interest from Bournemouth and another club (Norwich maybe)
  • Dazzler21 said:

M.Brewer
    Lavelle - Inniss - New
    New - Stockley 

...and I genuinely felt a bit sad not typing Washington there. It also feels a mess with a CM at LWB & RWB respectively, but we have seen them both do well there.

I would also assume that B.Taylor & Aneke will be available from the bench (hopefully MacG also demoted to the bench)

I can't see how that team finishes any higher than last season's shambles. Making me even more depressed than the England game!
  • NabySarr said:
    Dazzler21 said:

M.Brewer
    Lavelle - Inniss - New
    New - Stockley 

...and I genuinely felt a bit sad not typing Washington there. It also feels a mess with a CM at LWB & RWB respectively, but we have seen him do well there.

I think 4-3-3 is a lot more likely as it is what Garner used at Swindon most and suits what we have more. 

would probably want a new starting RB, CM, winger and striker instead of half of these if possible but probably unlikely to be that much overhaul 
     Could definitely be right about 4-3-3, I wouldn't be so sure about the overhaul.

We allegedly have a lot of irons in the fire and whilst I assume most targets won't come off, I think we'll be pleased with the calibre of those that do.

I'm probably incorrect, but I expect around 10 new players, 3-5 as loans and 5-7 as permies. (Nothing to back that up btw, just more assumptions)

• Dazzler21 said:

M.Brewer
    Lavelle - Inniss - New
    New - Stockley 

I can't see how that team finishes any higher than last season's shambles. Making me even more depressed than the England game!
    Probably because it won't be the final side going into the new season. 

Going into the new season I expect Morgan, F.Caskey and Clare to also have competition/be replaced in the above positions with better. Plus any loans... I am mildly confident that we'll be alright. 
  • Sponsored links:

• cabbles said:
    Dazzler21 said:

M.Brewer
    Lavelle - Inniss - New
    New - Stockley 

Bleak :-(
    I don't think our starting line up will look anything like that by the time we've got most of our signings in (so maybe September...). We need most of them to be first choice players. It should be obvious to Garner we can't build a starting 11 and play his style of football with the current squad.

I think a 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1 is also more likely and expect CBT to be a starter.
  • wmcf123 said:
    NabySarr said:
    Dazzler21 said:

M.Brewer
    Lavelle - Inniss - New
    New - Stockley 

Macca

JFC - Dobson - Fraser 

CBT - Stockley - Kirk 

Bottom 8
    It’s not that bad is it? That midfield 3 is very good for this level. The defence needs a big overhaul but if we get that right then this is a decent team, not promotion contenders but certainly not bottom 8 
  • NabySarr said:
    wmcf123 said:
    NabySarr said:
    Dazzler21 said:

M.Brewer
    Lavelle - Inniss - New
    New - Stockley 

Macca

JFC - Dobson - Fraser 

CBT - Stockley - Kirk 

Bottom 8
    It’s not that bad is it? That midfield 3 is very good for this level. 
    Fraser and Dobson are good for this level...
  • NabySarr said:
    wmcf123 said:
    NabySarr said:
    Dazzler21 said:

M.Brewer
    Lavelle - Inniss - New
    New - Stockley 

Macca

JFC - Dobson - Fraser 

CBT - Stockley - Kirk 

Bottom 8
    It’s not that bad is it? That midfield 3 is very good for this level. The defence needs a big overhaul but if we get that right then this is a decent team, not promotion contenders but certainly not bottom 8 
    That midfield has never played together, Fraser has done nothing so far to suggest he'll be good anyway for us. And between him and JFC I don't see them staying fit enough over a full season We need strethening in every position 
  • NabySarr said:
    wmcf123 said:
    NabySarr said:
    Dazzler21 said:

M.Brewer
    Lavelle - Inniss - New
    New - Stockley 

Macca

JFC - Dobson - Fraser 

CBT - Stockley - Kirk 

Bottom 8
    That midfield has never played together, Fraser has done nothing so far to suggest he'll be good anyway for us. And between him and JFC I don't see them staying fit enough over a full season We need strethening in every position 
    Fraser came to us unfit, then got covid, then played after covid which affected him badly as he has asthma and he had cysts on his knee from it or something. Judging him on that is a bit harsh. We definitely need 1 or 2 more central midfielders in as I don’t think Gilbey or Morgan are good enough but if that is our starting 3 on July 30th I’ll be happy with that 
  • edited June 2022
    NabySarr said:
    Chunes said:
    NabySarr said:
    wmcf123 said:
    NabySarr said:
    Dazzler21 said:

M.Brewer
    Lavelle - Inniss - New
    New - Stockley 

Macca

JFC - Dobson - Fraser 

CBT - Stockley - Kirk 

Bottom 8
    Forster-Caskey if he gets back to the level he was in 20-21 is on a similar level to those. I think people forget how good he was 
    Yeah, I like JFC. All I know is that last season, our midfield got played off the park by the likes of Morecambe and just about anyone else you can name. Will be the same problem if we're starting with the same players we did last year.
  • Chunes said:
    NabySarr said:
    Chunes said:
    NabySarr said:
    wmcf123 said:
    NabySarr said:
    Dazzler21 said:

M.Brewer
    Lavelle - Inniss - New
    New - Stockley 

Macca

JFC - Dobson - Fraser 

CBT - Stockley - Kirk 

Bottom 8
    Forster-Caskey if he gets back to the level he was in 20-21 is on a similar level to those. I think people forget how good he was 
    Yeah, I like JFC. All I know is that last season, our midfield got played off the park by the likes of Morecambe and just about anyone else you can name. Will be the same problem if we're starting with the same players we did last year.
    And that’s why we need to upgrade on Gilbey and Morgan. Fraser and JFC barely played last season so can’t blame them for that. The year before they were 2 of the best central midfielders in the league so those 2 and Dobson I think is a very good midfield 3, just need better than Gilbey/Morgan for when JFC inevitably does his ACL in the first game 
  • NabySarr said:
    Chunes said:
    NabySarr said:
    Chunes said:
    NabySarr said:
    wmcf123 said:
    NabySarr said:
    Dazzler21 said:

M.Brewer
    Lavelle - Inniss - New
    New - Stockley 

Macca

JFC - Dobson - Fraser 

CBT - Stockley - Kirk 

Bottom 8
    And that’s why we need to upgrade on Gilbey and Morgan. Fraser and JFC barely played last season so can’t blame them for that. The year before they were 2 of the best central midfielders in the league so those 2 and Dobson I think is a very good midfield 3, just need better than Gilbey/Morgan for when JFC inevitably does his ACL in the first game 
    Agree with that 110%.