Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2022 transfer rumours (Gilbey loan confirmed p513, a signing falls through last minute p541)

Comments

• DA9 said:
    swordfish said:
    ButtleJR said:
    Vfrf said:
    Another forum reporting our entire Summer budget is £400,000. I'll let the 'Like to LOL ratio' gauge whether it's true or not.
    The hatred for TS on there is hilarious. Now saying he's on borrowed time when we are yet to unveil a signing. Even if it were to be true, Wigan spent about 600k and won the league. Big fees don't always result in success. 
    Buttle I may have got this wrong but didn't sandgaard say that he would be coming to the UK "with his investors" Did anybody get to the bottom of what he meant by that ?

It was @DA9 who was told by a member of staff, who was asking him why he hadn't renewed his season ticket IIRC, that TS was coming over with other shareholders/investors.

It wasn't Sandgaard and it wasn't a senior member of staff (@da9 isn't that important) so no real significance at all IMHO 
    That seems an odd thing to say for no apparent reason though. Why volunteer it? And who was wearing those suits,  the ones👀  in with Thomas is his office last week I think you noted, IIRC? Might they have been 'other shareholders' or just routine business contacts do you think? 🤔
    I mentioned that I had heard TS was due over next week, and he offered it up, I’m a sales rep, I use words I think people want to hear to get them to sign up. 
    Well you got me to take the bait, hook, line and sinker! 🐟 It got me to thinking 'no smoke without fire - what's occurring?'
  • PWADDICK said:

Photographer down at Sparrows Lane, photos for new signing possibly?

• PWADDICK said:

Have we signed the invisible man?
  • Vfrf said:
    Another forum reporting our entire Summer budget is £400,000. I'll let the 'Like to LOL ratio' gauge whether it's true or not.
    Even if that figure was true, which i doubt as someone has clearly just plucked it out of thin air, i'd say that will still be more than half of the division spend on transfer fees.
    A player costing nothing On 2k a week on a two year deal is going to cost the club a minimum of £104k just in wages per year.  Add on the not so visible costs and your looking at one player costing getting on towards 35% of the entire budget. £400k goes absolutely nowhere. If that’s our budget we’re screwed. 
    When someone says summer budget, they surely mean for transfer fees. 

Absolutely nobody counts players wages over a 2-3 year contract as part of the current summers budget.
  • swordfish said:
    DA9 said:
    swordfish said:
    ButtleJR said:
    Vfrf said:
    The hatred for TS on there is hilarious. Now saying he's on borrowed time when we are yet to unveil a signing. Even if it were to be true, Wigan spent about 600k and won the league. Big fees don't always result in success. 
    Buttle I may have got this wrong but didn't sandgaard say that he would be coming to the UK "with his investors" Did anybody get to the bottom of what he meant by that ?

It was @DA9 who was told by a member of staff, who was asking him why he hadn't renewed his season ticket IIRC, that TS was coming over with other shareholders/investors.

It wasn't Sandgaard and it wasn't a senior member of staff (@da9 isn't that important) so no real significance at all IMHO 
    That seems an odd thing to say for no apparent reason though. Why volunteer it? And who was wearing those suits,  the ones👀  in with Thomas is his office last week I think you noted, IIRC? Might they have been 'other shareholders' or just routine business contacts do you think? 🤔
    I mentioned that I had heard TS was due over next week, and he offered it up, I’m a sales rep, I use words I think people want to hear to get them to sign up. 
    Well you got me to take the bait, hook, line and sinker! 🐟 It got me to thinking 'no smoke without fire - what's occurring?'
    As in , he tried to use the tricks of the trade to get me to buy…. I didn’t, but it’s genuinely what he said to me 
  • Kyle is clearly wise beyond his years. Throwing us all off the scent. I see you!

• Ben18 said:
    Guys, please behave yourself and refrain from discussing other forums on here. Thank you.

<it's what AFKA would want>
    You should hear what they’ve been saying about you!
  • DA9 said:
    swordfish said:
    DA9 said:
    swordfish said:
    ButtleJR said:
    Vfrf said:

As in , he tried to use the tricks of the trade to get me to buy…. I didn’t, but it’s genuinely what he said to me 
    Now you're losing me. Are you saying he thought that telling you TS was coming over with other shareholders would persuade you to renew your season ticket. If so, he must have been desperate.
  • Sponsored links:

• swordfish said:
    DA9 said:
    swordfish said:
    DA9 said:
    swordfish said:
    ButtleJR said:
    Vfrf said:

Now you're losing me. Are you saying he thought that telling you TS was coming over with other shareholders would persuade you to renew your season ticket. If so, he must have been desperate.
    Correct, tell the punters what you think they want to hear 
  • swordfish said:
    ButtleJR said:
    Vfrf said:

The club have employed a lot of new staff, especially in sales and commercial, so it was probably all of them discussing wording of leaflets or how to refurb main reception.
  • swordfish said:
    ButtleJR said:
    Vfrf said:

The club have employed a lot of new staff, especially in sales and commercial, so it was probably all of them discussing wording of leaflets or how to refurb main reception.
    Thanks! Not exactly the scoop of the century is it? 🤣 No further questions then.
  • swordfish said:
    swordfish said:
    ButtleJR said:
    Vfrf said:

Thanks! Not exactly the scoop of the century is it? 🤣 No further questions then.
    How dare you, Cawley has nothing on me!
  • edited June 2022
    RedJohn said:
    ButtleJR said:
    Vfrf said:
    The hatred for TS on there is hilarious. Now saying he's on borrowed time when we are yet to unveil a signing. 
    The Moderator on there, Reams, is not even a Charlton Fan, everything he posts is always negative and the language he uses, often the C word aimed at TS, his other half and anyone connected to Charlton. A friend of mine refuses his son to use the forum (He is 15), due to the language on there, His son told me the only nice positive post he has ever seen on there, was saying how great Wrexham are.
    Reams stating he’s not coming to The Valley as long as Sandgaard is around…..going to support Wrexham (his home town) instead. 🥳
  • RedJohn said:
    ButtleJR said:
    Vfrf said:
    The hatred for TS on there is hilarious. Now saying he's on borrowed time when we are yet to unveil a signing. 
    The Moderator on there, Reams, is not even a Charlton Fan, everything he posts is always negative and the language he uses, often the C word aimed at TS, his other half and anyone connected to Charlton. A friend of mine refuses his son to use the forum (He is 15), due to the language on there, His son told me the only nice positive post he has ever seen on there, was saying how great Wrexham are.
    Reams stating he’s not coming to The Valley as long as Sandgaard is around…..going to support Wrexham (his home town) instead.
    I thought he was a Leeds fan or something 
  • JamesSeed said:
    RedJohn said:
    ButtleJR said:
    Vfrf said:
    Reams stating he’s not coming to The Valley as long as Sandgaard is around…..going to support Wrexham (his home town) instead.
    I thought he was a Leeds fan or something 
    Who knows what he is, he doesn’t know himself…….but I’ve never heard he supports Leeds, think you’re wrong there James.
  • edited June 2022
    It’s probably more accurate than the rumours (lies) we get from Ronnie on here!
  • ThinkReams lives near Wrexham but Cardiff is probably his team - his dad used to manage them.
  • Sponsored links:

• CH4RLTON said:

Welcome back Naby. Good to see an old face  about the place.
  • BEANBAG said:
    ThinkReams lives near Wrexham but Cardiff is probably his team - his dad used to manage them.

He is quite obviously a Charlton fan .You don't run a football forum for as long as he has if you're not passionate about the club .

• swordfish said:
    PWADDICK said:

Would fit in most of the team disappeared last season!!😂
  • paulfox said:
    swordfish said:
    PWADDICK said:

Would fit in most of the team disappeared last season!!😂
    I hear his favoured position is playing in the hole behind the false No 9 and make believe No 10, so we'll probably stick him in goal. 
  • edited June 2022
    swordfish said:
    PWADDICK said:

Can't see that...if not he clearly fails the height test...😉
  • shirty5 said:
    400k or 4mil. Irrelevant if you don’t spend it wisely and bar one or two, the fees spent on players under Sandgaard have been poor.

On fees we only spent on one player in 2018/2019 and that was Josh Parker. 

Money came in for Konsa, Grant, Magennis of course

As proved that season if you look and are willing to offer good wages to players, then you can attract people like Pratley, Taylor, Williams and utilise the loan market on Purrington, Cullen and Bielik.

Parker came on a free didn’t he?

Might have paid decent loan fees for Cullen and Bielik, something some have said TS won’t do.
  • edited June 2022

If it takes a football club more than one month to recruit a manager from a fourth tier club who no-one else was remotely interested in (and is still without his essential assistants) how long will it take the same club to recruit five decent and highly coveted players?
    Ah......I like these type of conundrums.

If x=time spent interviewing a manager
    And y= the time spent on SM denying the manager was already in place
    And z= the number of players we need to sign to be effective in this league

Is the answer 42.....?
  • edited June 2022
    By my count, 11/24 teams have made first-team signings so far. Link.