Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2022 transfer rumours (Gilbey loan confirmed p513, a signing falls through last minute p541)

Comments

• Pre season training starts tomorrow. 
    Best wishes to all our new signings I hope you fit in well and have a nice day.
    Five a side it is
    Give it time
    Hearing its been put back to Monday
    Know they were considering it. Maybe due to the heatwave? 
  • edited June 2022
    JamesSeed said:
    RedJohn said:
    ButtleJR said:
    Vfrf said:
    Another forum reporting our entire Summer budget is £400,000. I'll let the 'Like to LOL ratio' gauge whether it's true or not.
    The hatred for TS on there is hilarious. Now saying he's on borrowed time when we are yet to unveil a signing. 
    The Moderator on there, Reams, is not even a Charlton Fan, everything he posts is always negative and the language he uses, often the C word aimed at TS, his other half and anyone connected to Charlton. A friend of mine refuses his son to use the forum (He is 15), due to the language on there, His son told me the only nice positive post he has ever seen on there, was saying how great Wrexham are.
    Reams stating he’s not coming to The Valley as long as Sandgaard is around…..going to support Wrexham (his home town) instead.
    I thought he was a Leeds fan or something 
    Who knows what he is, he doesn’t know himself…….but I’ve never heard he supports Leeds, think you’re wrong there James.
    Or didn’t his dad have something to do with Cardiff?

[Edit: saw the post above. He was the manager there. No reason for Reams to support Cardiff though, obvs. 
     ;-)]
  • If Marquis was to be signed, surely it would have been announced by now? It's not like Tucker where there would be other potentially more attractive clubs fighting over him
  • If Marquis was to be signed, surely it would have been announced by now? It's not like Tucker where there would be other potentially more attractive clubs fighting over him
    We were told Marquis signed weeks ago & we were just waiting for Sandgarrd to come over for the photoshoot.

<Trust the process>
  • https://londonnewsonline.co.uk/exclusive-defender-will-be-leaving-afc-wimbledon-when-his-contract-expires/

No idea about him or if we're interested but local and a plays in a position we need to fill.
  • Sponsored links:

• I thought last week that there would be a least a handful of announcement this week. If not I will start worrying. 

But if it’s true that they’ve delayed first day of training til Monday, then I’m expecting announcements over the next two or three days. 
  • Agreed. 100 pages in this thread, and not a single actual signing or indeed re-signing has happened yet, a day/a few days before pre-season starts
    We were told Marquis signed weeks ago & we were just waiting for Sandgarrd to come over for the photoshoot.

<Trust the process>
    I didnt think you wanted Marquis in the first place?
  • https://londonnewsonline.co.uk/exclusive-defender-will-be-leaving-afc-wimbledon-when-his-contract-expires/

No idea about him or if we're interested but local and a plays in a position we need to fill.
    At least with him and Luca Ness in defence we'd be a police-force to be reckoned with

Yeah, I'll get my coat
  • JamesSeed said:
    JamesSeed said:
    RedJohn said:
    ButtleJR said:
    Vfrf said:
    Another forum reporting our entire Summer budget is £400,000. I'll let the 'Like to LOL ratio' gauge whether it's true or not.
    The hatred for TS on there is hilarious. Now saying he's on borrowed time when we are yet to unveil a signing. 
    The Moderator on there, Reams, is not even a Charlton Fan, everything he posts is always negative and the language he uses, often the C word aimed at TS, his other half and anyone connected to Charlton. A friend of mine refuses his son to use the forum (He is 15), due to the language on there, His son told me the only nice positive post he has ever seen on there, was saying how great Wrexham are.
    Reams stating he’s not coming to The Valley as long as Sandgaard is around…..going to support Wrexham (his home town) instead.
    Who knows what he is, he doesn’t know himself…….but I’ve never heard he supports Leeds, think you’re wrong there James.

[Edit: saw the post above. He was the manager there. No reason for Reams to support Cardiff though, obvs. 
     ;-)]
    I thought everyone knew that he is the son of Eddie May who was once our assistant manager. 
  • JamesSeed said:
    JamesSeed said:
    RedJohn said:
    ButtleJR said:
    Vfrf said:

;-)]
    I thought everyone knew that he is the son of Eddie May who was once our assistant manager. 
    Jesus, my memory. Of course. In fact I think he sent me a message about it once. Apols Reams for forgetting. Had a bit of PTSD at the time. 
  • PWADDICK said:

Worrying if true
    Weirdly, the news of the start of training being put back was reported on this thread

he is ex Met Police which I think is the same as one of our under 23s - Ness is it?

he is ex Met Police which I think is the same as one of our under 23s - Ness is it?
    He's also the great grandson of Alec Guinness 
  • Sponsored links:

• edited June 2022
    PWADDICK said:

Worrying if true
    Jesus, don’t take anything I say seriously fgs. It’s just an opinion. 
    The only inside info (and it’s very tenuous) is that I often got to film embargoed photocalls for later use.
    And yes someone (Henry was it?) mentioned that training had been put back til Monday.
  • JamesSeed said:
    PWADDICK said:

Worrying if true
    Jesus, don’t take anything I say seriously ffs. It’s just an opinion. 
    The only inside info (and it’s very tenuous) is that I often got to film embargoed photocalls for later use.
    And yes someone (Henry was it?) mentioned that training had been put back til Monday.

Is the ‘photos already been taken’ opinion?
  • ButtleJR said:
    Pre season training starts tomorrow. 
    Know they were considering it. Maybe due to the heatwave? 
    Think it was only for initial testinganyway but without going full Golfie/Grumpy we APPEAR from the outside not to be moving forward very quickly with our summer recruitment. 

No announced signings and no news on the academy players offered deals.

I stress that that doesn't mean that everyone is sitting around with their feet up but no news is bad news.

Still time but the clock is ticking. 
    Garner’s coaches would be nice at the very least 
  • There can't be anyone out there now that can surly tell me that they're not worried with how this is shaping up, 14 players minimum needed and 6 weeks to the start of the season, just really can't see it happening 

He's also the great grandson of Alec Guinness 
    And cousin to Pint Of.
  • FAVADDICK said:
    There can't be anyone out there now that can surly tell me that they're not worried with how this is shaping up, 14 players minimum needed and 6 weeks to the start of the season, just really can't see it happening 
    Why would I be worried? 

Nothing I can do about it.

<Trust the process>
    I didnt think you wanted Marquis in the first place?
    I dont. I was just answering a post about where are the signings & saying someone (@RonnieMoore ?) was adamant that Marquis was/had signed before Sandgaard came over.
  • sammy391 said:
    JamesSeed said:
    PWADDICK said:

Worrying if true
    Jesus, don’t take anything I say seriously ffs. It’s just an opinion. 

Is the ‘photos already been taken’ opinion?
    Just opinion based on Kyle Andrews’ tweet that he’d been at Sparrows Lane. Of course he might have been taking pictures of a new building or something, but if he’d been taking photos of new signings they’d be embargoed, and he’d have to deny it if asked. 
    Cue It’s Happening giff lol. 
    Or not.