Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2022 transfer rumours (Gilbey loan confirmed p513, a signing falls through last minute p541)

Comments

• edited June 2022
    Dazzler21 said:
    Our defensive three will likely be: Lavelle - Inniss - *New*. I hope Clare can come into either the RWB position or CM and can still be utilised as a CB in emergency. 

I expect our first team may look something like this over the next week:

M.Brewer
    Lavelle - Inniss - New
    Clare - Morgan - Dobson- Fraser - F.Caskey
    New - Stockley 

...and I genuinely felt a bit sad not typing Washington there. It also feels a mess with a CM at LWB & RWB respectively, but we have seen them both do well there.

I would also assume that B.Taylor & Aneke will be available from the bench (hopefully MacG also demoted to the bench)

I have no inside info other than two new players inbound and that was from Mr ButtleJR who keeps getting bits right. 

If you want to get promoted Clare shouldn’t be a first 11 player. 
  • J BLOCK said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Our defensive three will likely be: Lavelle - Inniss - *New*. I hope Clare can come into either the RWB position or CM and can still be utilised as a CB in emergency. 

I expect our first team may look something like this over the next week:

M.Brewer
    Lavelle - Inniss - New
    Clare - Morgan - Dobson- Fraser - F.Caskey
    New - Stockley 

...and I genuinely felt a bit sad not typing Washington there. It also feels a mess with a CM at LWB & RWB respectively, but we have seen them both do well there.

I would also assume that B.Taylor & Aneke will be available from the bench (hopefully MacG also demoted to the bench)

I have no inside info other than two new players inbound and that was from Mr ButtleJR who keeps getting bits right. 

If you want to get promoted Clare shouldn’t be a first team player.
    I don't expect him to be come first game of the season/close of the window. I disagree though as a RCB he was one of our best players last season, wasn't he second or third to Dobson/Dobson & Stockley?
  • RCB is his best position. Although he has the engine to get up and down I don’t see him whipping in crosses etc as a wing back.

Also don’t think he’s up to being a CM….he’s failed to make that position his own at both Oxford and Charlton now.
  • RCB is his best position. Although he has the engine to get up and down I don’t see him whipping in crosses etc as a wing back.

Also don’t think he’s up to being a CM….he’s failed to make that position his own at both Oxford and Charlton now.
    I agree, think he could do ok as right back in a back 4 as well. But I don’t think he should start for a team aiming to go up, if we are serious about promotion then he should just be a useful versatile squad player 
  • Are they denying interest because they are aware that he is joining us?
  • swordfish said:
    JamesSeed said:
    Ben Thompson has joined Peterborough. Always rated him. 
    Good. We don't want another Ben.
    Oh I don't know! That Ben Zema claimed to be an addicks fan back in the day. Not really a like for like replacement for our last Ben though, Mr Purrington, unless we can deploy him as flying left wing back. However, at 34 his legs might have gone a bit. Its a shame really, probably not going to happen this season.
    Announce Ben Smith. 
  • ButtleJR said:
    Two signings very close. 
    Marks & Spencer?
  • Redrobo said:
    Are they denying interest because they are aware that he is joining us?
    Couldn’t agree terms.

https://www.getreading.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/reading-paul-ince-middlesbrough-signing-24210864

The 22-year-old Gillingham defender, who is set to become a free agent at the start of July, was a target for Royals but it is understood the two clubs could not agree on a suitable financial package.
  • The good thing about Tucker is that he is under 23 so I assume he wouldn’t count as a squad place.
  • Sponsored links:

• The good thing about Tucker is that he is under 23 so I assume he wouldn’t count as a squad place.
    The rule is u21 so he’d count, as would Morgan and Davison if they’re still here.
  • Could we make our first signing this week?
  • Would love a really strong rumour about one or two new arrivals this week to get the ball rolling. 
  • Scoham said:
    Redrobo said:
    Are they denying interest because they are aware that he is joining us?
    Couldn’t agree terms.

https://www.getreading.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/reading-paul-ince-middlesbrough-signing-24210864

The 22-year-old Gillingham defender, who is set to become a free agent at the start of July, was a target for Royals but it is understood the two clubs could not agree on a suitable financial package.
    I guess it will cost at least £200k +sell on if it went to tribunal. Would they be allowed to spend money?
  • JamesSeed said:
    Could we make our first signing this week?
    We could now that the transfer window has opened 😉

But why would we ? We have until the end of August & we all know that it's best to wait for the bargains to appear..... 
  • edited June 2022
    ButtleJR said:
    Two signings very close. 
    Mills & Boon, or others with initials M and B perhaps?
  • JamesSeed said:
    Could we make our first signing this week?
    We could now that the transfer window has opened 😉

But why would we ? We have until the end of August & we all know that it's best to wait for the bargains to appear..... 
    Thomas won't want to fly back to the States empty handed on the incoming players front. That said, it takes two to tango and he'll need those pesky agents to keep in step with him.
  • 8 days until the fixtures come out. I predict we will have three signings by then.
  • I would hope for some news on signings at the end of the day tomorrow, players will be at the training ground for the start of pre season so a good time for the photo shoots on the first day of training. 
  • Sponsored links:

• edited June 2022
    Vfrf said:
    Another forum reporting our entire Summer budget is £400,000. I'll let the 'Like to LOL ratio' gauge whether it's true or not.
    What should it be? 

Certainly made up. 
  • Anybody including Innis in our starting 11 need to have a re-think. It was a shocking decision to retain him based on his injury record and to build a defense with him in it is asking for trouble. 
    Yeah but he’s a nice guy and does a lot good work in the community. 
  • Chunes said:
    Vfrf said:
    Another forum reporting our entire Summer budget is £400,000. I'll let the 'Like to LOL ratio' gauge whether it's true or not.
    What should it be? 

Certainly made up. 
    Most probably shit stirring  as usual  
  • ButtleJR said:
    Vfrf said:
    The hatred for TS on there is hilarious. Now saying he's on borrowed time when we are yet to unveil a signing. Even if it were to be true, Wigan spent about 600k and won the league. Big fees don't always result in success. 
    Buttle I may have got this wrong but didn't sandgaard say that he would be coming to the UK "with his investors" Did anybody get to the bottom of what he meant by that ?
  • ButtleJR said:
    Vfrf said:
    The hatred for TS on there is hilarious. Now saying he's on borrowed time when we are yet to unveil a signing. Even if it were to be true, Wigan spent about 600k and won the league. Big fees don't always result in success. 
    I do agree, the wages we are offering is likely to impact our activity a lot more than the fees we pay. 

Although Wigan did spend a lot more than 600k, think Kerr alone cost that. 
  • edited June 2022
    ButtleJR said:
    Vfrf said:
    I do agree, the wages we are offering is likely to impact our activity a lot more than the fees we pay. 

Only other fee was 32k for Shinnie, unless I'm incorrect. 
  • ButtleJR said:
    Vfrf said:

Did he mean net spend?