Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2022 transfer rumours (Gilbey loan confirmed p513, a signing falls through last minute p541)

Comments

• If Marquis was to be signed, surely it would have been announced by now? It's not like Tucker where there would be other potentially more attractive clubs fighting over him
    If you announce it too soon to Garner's appointment, there would be cries of the manager had no say in the transfer.
  • ItMayOrMayNotBeHappeningIHaveNoIdeaButFuckItLetsJustSpeculateWildly.gif
  • It's all happening tomorrow?
  • Sullay Kaikai
  • Training has been put back to Monday because the manager is still watching last season’s games 
    Corrected for you
  • _MrDick said:
    Training has been put back to Monday because the manager is still watching last season’s games 
    Corrected for you
    I think it was put back due to the forecast high temperatures 
  • FAVADDICK said:
    There can't be anyone out there now that can surly tell me that they're not worried with how this is shaping up, 14 players minimum needed and 6 weeks to the start of the season, just really can't see it happening 
    I can't recall any season when we went into the first game unable to field a team or even the subs bench due to lack of bodies. Or even having to fill the team with kids. Why should 22/23 be any different?
  • FAVADDICK said:
    There can't be anyone out there now that can surly tell me that they're not worried with how this is shaping up, 14 players minimum needed and 6 weeks to the start of the season, just really can't see it happening 
    I can't recall any season when we went into the first game unable to field a team or even the subs bench due to lack of bodies. Or even having to fill the team with kids. Why should 22/23 be any different?
    Promotion season under bow we couldn’t fill our bench 
  • Sponsored links:

• FAVADDICK said:

• FAVADDICK said:
    14? I wouldn't get your hopes up. The squad size would be over the limit wouldn't it? No one at the Club has said they're planning a complete rebuild, so 10 at the very most imo, including loans, which won't happen early.

However, the good news is I'm busy tomorrow and won't be keeping track of developments, so something is bound to happen whilst I'm not looking. 
  • FAVADDICK said:
    I think a lot more of the academy players will feature in pre season than people think. I don’t mind that but still think we need 7/8 players, most of whom are genuine first teamers. 
  • FAVADDICK said:

Such a shame about Page, there really was quite a player there. Glad he’s had a couple of decent seasons in league 2.
  • I would hope that we would have a couple in by the time they go to Spain - that is IMHO not inside info :)
  • NabySarr said:
    wmcf123 said:
    NabySarr said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Our defensive three will likely be: Lavelle - Inniss - *New*. I hope Clare can come into either the RWB position or CM and can still be utilised as a CB in emergency. 

I expect our first team may look something like this over the next week:

M.Brewer
    Lavelle - Inniss - New
    Clare - Morgan - Dobson- Fraser - F.Caskey
    New - Stockley 

...and I genuinely felt a bit sad not typing Washington there. It also feels a mess with a CM at LWB & RWB respectively, but we have seen him do well there.

I have no inside info other than two new players inbound and that was from Mr ButtleJR who keeps getting bits right. 

I think 4-3-3 is a lot more likely as it is what Garner used at Swindon most and suits what we have more. 

Macca

Clare- Lavelle - NEW - NEW 

JFC - Dobson - Fraser 

CBT - Stockley - Kirk 

would probably want a new starting RB, CM, winger and striker instead of half of these if possible but probably unlikely to be that much overhaul 

Bottom 8
    It’s not that bad is it? That midfield 3 is very good for this level. The defence needs a big overhaul but if we get that right then this is a decent team, not promotion contenders but certainly not bottom 8 
    I don’t think they’d score many goals .  The keeper is poor, who knows what kind of centre halves and full backs we will get .  Dobson and CBT are good players - Forster Caskey and Fraser have been in the past.  
  • I would hope that we would have a couple in by the time they go to Spain - that is IMHO not inside info :)
    Well it would be pretty pointless going to Spain without new signings, as surely one of the main reasons for such excursions is to integrate new players with the existing squad
  • edited June 2022

• Cafc43v3r said:
    Sullay Kaikai
    Signed a 2 year deal at Wycombe last summer so presumably we'd have to pay a fee.

Looking at his recent league stats...

19/20 made 17 starts 5 subs 4 goals, Blackpool finished mid table in L1

20/21 33 starts 3 subs 7 goals, Blackpool finished 3rd and won the playoffs

21/22 8 starts 9 subs 2 goals, Wycombe lost in the playoff final

Still playing at the level we had him on loan at four years ago.

If true looks like someone who would be more of a squad player, would be fairly cheap and we'd be gambling on getting better performances from. A lot like Marquis and Bostock really.
  • Sponsored links:

• Kai Kai? Gotta be a joke surely.
  • Scoham said:
    My Dad went absolutely mental at me for this very reason. I’ll never forget it! Still totally worth it though. 
  • wmcf123 said:
    NabySarr said:
    wmcf123 said:
    NabySarr said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Our defensive three will likely be: Lavelle - Inniss - *New*. I hope Clare can come into either the RWB position or CM and can still be utilised as a CB in emergency. 

I expect our first team may look something like this over the next week:

M.Brewer
    Lavelle - Inniss - New
    Clare - Morgan - Dobson- Fraser - F.Caskey
    New - Stockley 

...and I genuinely felt a bit sad not typing Washington there. It also feels a mess with a CM at LWB & RWB respectively, but we have seen him do well there.

I have no inside info other than two new players inbound and that was from Mr ButtleJR who keeps getting bits right. 

I think 4-3-3 is a lot more likely as it is what Garner used at Swindon most and suits what we have more. 

Macca

Clare- Lavelle - NEW - NEW 

JFC - Dobson - Fraser 

CBT - Stockley - Kirk 

would probably want a new starting RB, CM, winger and striker instead of half of these if possible but probably unlikely to be that much overhaul 

Bottom 8
    It’s not that bad is it? That midfield 3 is very good for this level. The defence needs a big overhaul but if we get that right then this is a decent team, not promotion contenders but certainly not bottom 8 
    I don’t think they’d score many goals .  The keeper is poor, who knows what kind of centre halves and full backs we will get .  Dobson and CBT are good players - Forster Caskey and Fraser have been in the past.  
    Just having JFC and Fraser makes it a better team than last years. I agree that goals is the issue but if you get the best out of Kirk and Fraser that could easily be 15+ goal contributions from each looking at their previous seasons. Hoping for another central midfielder, winger and striker that will add more goals and of course a new defence. It is a big ask for us to get into the top 6/top 2 but the way league 1 is now with such a divide between rich and poor, we'd have to be really really bad to drop any further than we did this season
  • edited June 2022
    https://londonnewsonline.co.uk/exclusive-defender-will-be-leaving-afc-wimbledon-when-his-contract-expires/

No idea about him or if we're interested but local and a plays in a position we need to fill.

• Garner will have known Kaikai from the Palace academy...
  • This business about pre season being postponed until Monday  is a bit weird.
    Thought they were just reporting back for testing tomorrow.
    Not sure they actually start training immediately anyway.
  • swordfish said:
    PWADDICK said:

Photographer down at Sparrows Lane, photos for new signing possibly?
    Have we signed the invisible man?
    There you go folks, welcome to the valley lads!