Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Post-match Thread: Charlton Athletic vs Morecambe | Saturday 15th April 2022

Comments

• Options
    I think you can learn more from a game like this than an easy victory and we need to let Jacko think about next season and not be too bothered about this now. It has gone. Today was a decent game to watch. I think we need a defensive clearout, a strong goalscoring midfielder and Stockton. Probably 4 or 5 defenders and 8 or 9 in total.
  • Options
    cabbles said:
    Pedro45 said:
    Mistakes cost points. MacG cost us at least a point. Famewo and Pearce were awful. Morgan and Matthews crossing was poor. We know that there will be a big clear out so it's up to the players to show if they want in or not.
    Everyone was falling over themselves to praise ‘the skipper’ after last week at Rotherham.  This is what winds me up.  One decent performance and he’s putting out tweets - great to be back out there, 3pts, clean sheet blah blah.  Why?  It’s been such a pathetic season that these absolute flannels think they can come out all tweets blazing celebrating a little win, and then retract back into their hovels with the typical abject display like today.

TS, Jackson and the players (if it’s largely the same group at the start of next season), have pretty much got to nail the first 10 games otherwise it will get very ugly next season 
    I suspect ugly it is then.
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    Cloudworm said:
    Thought it was a decent spectacle in the sunshine. They were clearly hungry for it and good luck to them. Hope they stay up.

People are clearly having a laugh saying we need a total clear out. There are plenty of players in the squad who are good enough to get us up out of this division. We do however need better recruitment because the last 3 or 4 windows have been really poor. It’s only from this perspective that I worry. Jacko should get a full season.
    Good idea, let’s keep the players that are likely to finish in our lowest league position ever!!!, and hope they can be better next season when there default setting is to be shit. That will entice people into the early bird season ticket.👍
  • Options
    We do have to change things but who says we are not going to? We have to let the process happen.
  • Options
    Do not know what is going on at Sparrows Lane, but it ain’t training!
    Pass decision, and execution is at Sunday league level. Pearce is inspired one minute and shocking the next. McG made no attempt to save either of the first 2 goals.
    This performance rank’s alongside MK Dons away.
    Energy level is zero. Buggered if I know where we go from here!
    On a separate point keep the under 7 in the family areas! 
  • Options
    Too little energy, too many mistakes and tactically inept. 
  • Options
    Would give a left bollock to never see this god awful inept team ever again. So bored of them all. 
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    That was grim......be interesting to hear of views from our HoC buddies....seeing they are pro active all day..  assuming I am allowed to ask that question....
  • Options
    Morecambe totally deserved it, I hope they stay up.
    Stockton coming to the Valley is only for dreamers.
    We were crap.
  • Options
    Outclassed. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    seth plum said:
    Morecambe totally deserved it, I hope they stay up.
    Stockton coming to the Valley is only for dreamers.
    We were crap.
    For once...totally agree
  • Options
    We’re a wounded animal that needs to be shot.

What an awful season.
    Put it out it's misery. If we were a dog we would of been put down weeks ago 
  • Options
    We know Leuth, MoreCAMBE!
  • Options
    Far too many shit players. Goalkeeper is the worst keeper I have seen play for us, rooted to his line, then chucks them the ball for the third.

I am more convinced than ever that a complete clear out required, doubt I will renew season tickets until I see what business we do in the summer, simply cannot stand our performances at the moment, so tactically naive.

Convinced we need a new management team, Jacko has shown he is not up to the job imho.
  • Options
    Only Washington CBT Dobbo and JFC deserve their wages
    the rest of them Jacko included are robbing a living 
    that was pitiful nonsense seasoned with 4 or 5 glimpses of adequacy Any of them booked their holidays already can naff off early and find themselves some other sucker to pretend they’re actually professional footballers rather than the mickey taking charlatans that pitched up today 
    Morecambe will never play that badly and ever get a point at any level 
  • Options
    Do we know Thomas is planning a major clear out? I thought he said we were only a few players (as in a couple) away from a promotion side.
  • Options
    WHAddick said:
    Do we know Thomas is planning a major clear out? I thought he said we were only a few players (as in a couple) away from a promotion side.
    He said 4 or 5 “good” signings and a few loans.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    WHAddick said:
    He did 2 or 3 I think he said.
  • Options
    WHAddick said:
    If he only makes a couple of changes, there will only be a couple of thousand supporters there in August.
  • Options
    Dobson's turn right at the end of the 2nd half was beautiful 
  • Options
    Shame about the shot our other young CM would have been murdered for the lack of composure.
  • Options
    Had he squared it instead of shooting it would be been a tap in for anyone in the box.
  • Options
    I usually look forward to @Blucher and @Sage post match thoughts. I believe this sums it up, politely and articulately. 

Very disappointing and, once again, the players show no sign whatsoever of successfully deploying the formation to which Jacko is wedded. I believe that the management and coaching of the squad leaves much to be desired and I’m afraid that I cannot see any real signs of progress. Where it leaves the club, I really don’t know.

• Options
    First JJ got team selection wrong like I said we all knew how Morecombe would set up and play and we needed to be on the front foot Morgan and Burstow was the wrong move .. you could see the diff when JFC replaced Morgan and suddenly the team moved forward and looked very dangerous 

Second when players don’t do their basic jobs then you have a problem .. first goal CBT did not track back and left his marker to run free .. second Burstow who seemed to be wrong footed the whole afternoon .. was slow to react to a clearance , should have been first to the ball and hold it up but was to slow .. next thing the ball back in our box … 
    Even the third both Matthews and Gilbey left a clearance to each other … Morecombe did not create a thing we gave it to them 

The save seconds before HT from Stockley header was top drawer and won them the game .. big turning point 

The ref .. warned you about him two clear pens not given and possibly a third for push on Washington 

Overall we had a lot of processions and dominated most of the game but giving goals away it’s going to make if difficult … think JJ will need to look at his home formation it works away but not sure it’s the right one for the valley .. and the miss by Dobson with the last kick when he should have tucked it inside for Stockley to Stab home summed it up 
  • Options
    A new low in a long, long line of lows. We are now firmly an average League One club and decisive action is needed now to change it. We can't suffer this again next year.
    We have been an average League One club all season, it hasn’t just happened