Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Post-match Thread: Charlton Athletic vs Morecambe | Saturday 15th April 2022

Comments

• Options
    I want Albie to be a success but 6s in the ratings are madness. 

I'm not sticking it on him though, his confidence is shot and yet we've not allowed him to play with the u23s in the time he wasn't even on the bench.

• Options
    sm said:
    One player can hold his head up after that - CBT. The rest can do one.

Here comes the same comment I write every week it seems. Why is there such a huge gap between the wing backs and back 3? Why do we collectively back off when any opposition carry the ball towards us? Why are we still playing 3-5-2?

The main thing to consider is that we have lost 20 games in league one. Shameful.
    CBT was responsible for their first goal - he really isn't a wing-back.
    To start blaming CBT for their goal is very very harsh. He is being played out of position & you can see that his natural ability is to attack.....not to defend. He was MOTM and wouldnt blame him at all if his defensive duties let him down. 

At this rate we might as well play Stockley at Centre Half because of his height. 
    I agree that CBT shouldn't be played as a wing back - but he was responsible for their 1st goal because he didn't track their no 3. 
  • Options
    That was grim......be interesting to hear of views from our HoC buddies....seeing they are pro active all day..  assuming I am allowed to ask that question....
    What are HoC buddies ?
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    Chunes said:
    JJ: "It’s a huge summer that we have to get right because there is a real core of something good and that, if we had the right types in the right positions, we have got a great opportunity.”

Is there?
    That's the worry for me. I don't think he knows how bad it is 
    Who is he trying to convince with this type of statement? It feels a bit pisstakey, we can all see how shit it is and yet he is telling us differently. 
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    JJ: "It’s a huge summer that we have to get right because there is a real core of something good and that, if we had the right types in the right positions, we have got a great opportunity.”

Is there?
    He's part of the problem. 
  • Options
    WHAddick said:
    Do we know Thomas is planning a major clear out? I thought he said we were only a few players (as in a couple) away from a promotion side.
    What the fuck does he know ? Seriously he hasn't a clue.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

I'm not sticking it on him though, his confidence is shot and yet we've not allowed him to play with the u23s in the time he wasn't even on the bench.

Why?

He wasn't good today, but not awful either. None of the goals we conceded were down to him, I'd say a 6 was entirely within the reasonable scoring range.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

Why?

He wasn't good today, but not awful either. None of the goals we conceded were down to him, I'd say a 6 was entirely within the reasonable scoring range.
    He ran about a lot, but was often very late to wherever he was meant to be closing and his long passing was lacking (usually his best attribute). His one shot was at least on target. 

I empathise with him a bit though, imagine playing with an average striker that kicks off whenever a pass is very slightly lacking and doesn't actually move towards a pass ever... Just expects them to fall on his head.

I hope he gets to learn from a decent centre mid next season, here or elsewhere because his work rate and quality are there, his composure and footballing brain are sometimes lacking. 
  • Options
    Fotmob ratings 

Who scored ratings:

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    That was grim......be interesting to hear of views from our HoC buddies....seeing they are pro active all day..  assuming I am allowed to ask that question....
    What are HoC buddies ?
    It's a political subset of the forum. Has nothing to do with this thread topic at all though. 
  • Options
    paulfox said:
    Croydon said:
    Chunes said:

Is there?
    Who is he trying to convince with this type of statement? It feels a bit pisstakey, we can all see how shit it is and yet he is telling us differently. 
    It's not for our benefit, it's for the sandgaards 
  • Options
    What are HoC buddies ?
    It's a political subset of the forum. Has nothing to do with this thread topic at all though. 
    Thanks
  • Options
    paulfox said:
    Croydon said:
    Chunes said:

Is there?
    It's not for our benefit, it's for the sandgaards 
    Hope so Charltonbob, but if the sandgaards aren’t aware of it already, we really are in the shit. It also depends on how many players JJ classes as a real core. I don’t see a real core of players to build upon personally. But I guess I’m not the manager.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Dazzler21 said:

Why?

He ran about a lot, but was often very late to wherever he was meant to be closing and his long passing was lacking (usually his best attribute). His one shot was at least on target. 

I empathise with him a bit though, imagine playing with an average striker that kicks off whenever a pass is very slightly lacking and doesn't actually move towards a pass ever... Just expects them to fall on his head.

I hope he gets to learn from a decent centre mid next season, here or elsewhere because his work rate and quality are there, his composure and footballing brain are sometimes lacking. 
    Maybe Jacko bullies him like Bowyer did?
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Fotmob ratings 

Who scored ratings:

What are these based on? How has stockley got a better rating than Stockton??
  • Options
    Poor performance but so typical of this squad. Simply not good enough
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Fotmob ratings 

Who scored ratings:

Do these people attend the game in the flesh? 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Well if the day couldn't get any worse, made it up to Watford Gap services, Leeds Utd team coach pulls in, must be their U23 side, they all get off the coach and are fucking huge, makes most of our current 1st team look like midgets! Anyway i carry on sitting in the services and 2 coach loads of Morcombe supporters pile in! Laughing and joking about how crap we were! 
    Fortunately it has turned a bit chilly so I'd put my jumper on over my CAFC polo shirt, I just had to zip it and listen to them banging on! Twats! 
    I'm posting this still sitting here.
    So all that after watching our teams defensive frailty gift 3 goals to them and they think their world beaters! CBT, Dobo and Clare along with a cameo from JFC and a good goal from Aneke, was about it for me today, the rest were rubbish.
    Finally to add insult to injury I went and renewed my ST for next season...dear God why did I do that!
    Anyway time to make my way now and leave the Morcombe fans to their absolute delight of beating us, you'd think they've won the fucking premiership the way they're carrying on.

hope they are not reading your post, they will be wondering who Charlton played today. 
  • Options
    A frustrating but entertaining enough game with a few quality finishes amongst some poor defensive decision making. Two more games I can make this season, starting at Cambridge. Hopefully will see a better result or two. More so looking forward to the summer transfer window. You can only live in hope…
  • Options
    Saw nothing of the match thread & no comments on here so far. Checked score @ 1-3 & team. I'm sure there's been discussion but can someone tell me why a chelsea player who has done nothing since leaving us was picked to start the game today when we have youngsters that could have been given a run out ? I just don't get it.
    This. Burstow has made his decision that his future lies elsewhere (to be fair understandably) and if there was ever a time to give the likes of Kanu or Leaburn a start it is surely now. 
    The League probably wouldn't let us play our youngsters due to keeping up the "integrity of the competition".....😉😄
  • Options
    sm said:
    sm said:
    One player can hold his head up after that - CBT. The rest can do one.

Here comes the same comment I write every week it seems. Why is there such a huge gap between the wing backs and back 3? Why do we collectively back off when any opposition carry the ball towards us? Why are we still playing 3-5-2?

The main thing to consider is that we have lost 20 games in league one. Shameful.
    CBT was responsible for their first goal - he really isn't a wing-back.
    To start blaming CBT for their goal is very very harsh. He is being played out of position & you can see that his natural ability is to attack.....not to defend. He was MOTM and wouldnt blame him at all if his defensive duties let him down. 

At this rate we might as well play Stockley at Centre Half because of his height. 
    I agree that CBT shouldn't be played as a wing back - but he was responsible for their 1st goal because he didn't track their no 3. 
    And jolly good luck to him as I dont want him tracking their No 3 either. He shouldn't come back any further than the half way line.
  • Options
    Just not good enough. And I’d keep Jacko.
    No idea what the solution is x
  • Options
    Macca, oh dear. Worst keeper to ever play for us? Up there. 
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    Clare did some good things but he's not a defender in a million years. Not great for their 2nd....he can be tighter to help with a block. Very poor for their 3rd....let matey advance and pick his spot. 

Useful squad player but I agree with Chris Perry....not a first choice defender (if you want to go up). 

Whole mess is evident in last 5 mins. Crying out for long diagonal up to Stockley and Aneke and pick up the bits. Instead we fuck about passing inside to Dobson while Aneke is hovering about outside the area. No appreciation of what was needed. Just as we finally tried it, the ref blew for full-time.

This is a very poorly coached team. 
  • Options
    Some very nice play from CBT. Excellent header from Aneke too. Apart from that, goodnight.
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    What are HoC buddies ?

ed. Removed, absolutely nothing to do with this thread topic (AFKA)