Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Club Statement on Discriminatory Abuse

1789101113»

Comments

• Options
    Huskaris said:
    From what I can see, the hijacking comes from everybody piling on to abuse him. 

He initially made a valid point about nationality not always being cut and dry. This then triggers a bunch of his haters and the thread is derailed. 

I concede that there is a fair amount of "not helping himself", but time and again I see this poster being effectively bullied. 
    Oh don't be so silly. If you say stupid things you'll get challenged, hence me writing this reply to your post.

If you say stupid things just to get some attention (which is where the derailing comes from), well, more the fool people getting involved, but they will still get challenged.
    So.... you've called another poster a weird old man and me both silly and stupid for pointing out the bullying he encounters. 

I know you think you are better than that. 
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    Huskaris said:
    From what I can see, the hijacking comes from everybody piling on to abuse him. 

He initially made a valid point about nationality not always being cut and dry. This then triggers a bunch of his haters and the thread is derailed. 

I concede that there is a fair amount of "not helping himself", but time and again I see this poster being effectively bullied. 
    Oh don't be so silly. If you say stupid things you'll get challenged, hence me writing this reply to your post.

If you say stupid things just to get some attention (which is where the derailing comes from), well, more the fool people getting involved, but they will still get challenged.
    So.... you've called another poster a weird old man and me both silly and stupid for pointing out the bullying he encounters. 

I know you think you are better than that. 
    I am at the point of my life/career now where I'm entering more of a mentoring/coaching phase and intend on bringing that to more aspects of my life. 

I'm just telling you these things so you can improve yourself. You should be thanking me, not getting upset. You're welcome.

Note I've also said more the fool them to people falling for it, for balance. Lord knows I've fallen for it in the past. But with intense meditation and twice daily enemas I am now at peace. 
  • Options
    Did the person who posted a picture of the innocent party on Twitter apologise?
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    seth plum said:
    Surely a person is only ‘English’ if for whatever reason they choose to call themselves ‘English’.
    Babies are not born with ‘made in England’ stamped on their bum.
    For reference, this was the original post that triggered the digging out and bullying.

I see it as a valid point and certainly know people who were born abroad, but consider themselves British and likewise were born in the UK but don't necessarily consider themselves British. 

From that.... all sorts of tangents were dug out of the poster and the pile on and derailing began 

I'm going to call out bullying when I see it, even from a self proclaimed guru mentor like the abusive poster above 
    I made a conscious decision to stop engaging in any post with Plum some time ago. 

I admit I got dragged into his (my pronoun assumption) agenda(s) on too many occassions.

Interesting that earlier you used the the term "pile on", as that is the term Plum uses to create a victim persona at the point that he derails a thread with one of the short list of repetitive themes that he seems to thrive on.

I don't think he's dug out or bullied - he simply sets himself up (possibly deliberately) to provoke. 
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    Surely a person is only ‘English’ if for whatever reason they choose to call themselves ‘English’.
    Babies are not born with ‘made in England’ stamped on their bum.
    For reference, this was the original post that triggered the digging out and bullying.

I see it as a valid point and certainly know people who were born abroad, but consider themselves British and likewise were born in the UK but don't necessarily consider themselves British. 

From that.... all sorts of tangents were dug out of the poster and the pile on and derailing began 

I'm going to call out bullying when I see it, even from a self proclaimed guru mentor like the abusive poster above 
    I made a conscious decision to stop engaging in any post with Plum some time ago. 

I admit I got dragged into his (my pronoun assumption) agenda(s) on too many occassions.

Interesting that earlier you used the the term "pile on", as that is the term Plum uses to create a victim persona at the point that he derails a thread with one of the short list of repetitive themes that he seems to thrive on.

I don't think he's dug out or bullied - he simply sets himself up (possibly deliberately) to provoke. 
    I appreciate your measured and non offensive post.

Non-engagement with posters who bother you is a good strategy and one I also employ. 
  • Options
    If the individual was wrongly ejected from the ground I would imagine it is something the club should try to make up with him if possible. Accepting that the circumstances mitigate blame on the club, if a fan is accused of something wrongly it is something the club could resolve by giving the man and his son a VIP day for instance. 

In relation to another fan identifying the person, I presume any action, whatever it is, should be taken up with that fan rather than the club.
  • Options
    If the individual was wrongly ejected from the ground I would imagine it is something the club should try to make up with him if possible. Accepting that the circumstances mitigate blame on the club, if a fan is accused of something wrongly it is something the club could resolve by giving the man and his son a VIP day for instance. 

In relation to another fan identifying the person, I presume any action, whatever it is, should be taken up with that fan rather than the club.
    He missed a goal too, a pretty rare commodity given we’ve only scored 55 this season! 
  • Options
    Those who choose to be personally abusive often say ‘they bring it on themselves’ to justify what they say.
    Anybody care to read this thread and point out where I have been personally abusive?
    I have questioned the nature of nationality is about all it amounts to, with a bit of English grammar thrown in.
    The thread earlier was discussing the nature of nationality before any contribution from me, I have not derailed it.
    If there is any derailing going on it is from those who post personal abuse.
    My position is that Englishness is not a clear thing to define, and beyond that why does nationality matter if it is only about passports, taxes rules and so on?
    I am glad that @Siv_in_Norfolk has posted an alternative perspective but did not ask him or her to do so.
    I do not think I hijack threads, others do however, usually those who don’t want to engage with what is actually said, but relish the chance for further abuse.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Theres always one who spoils it for everyone else.
  • Options
    cfgs said:
    Dunno if its just me, but the name Marko Morasi doesnt even sound a Russian name
    If the k was a c you would think he was Italian.  Tbh just before it all happened I was discussing whether he had come dressed as the 5th Wiggle or Tellytubby.
    He looked charming, hot and sophisticated did he?
  • Options
    Hal1x said:
    Theres always one who spoils it for everyone else.
    Leave AFKA out of this. 
    :-)
  • Options
    Finally we get the correct statement