Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Club Statement on Discriminatory Abuse

Comments

• Options
    Slovenia Slovakia and the constant confusion between the two - BBC News
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    MrWalker said:
    Slovenia Slovakia and the constant confusion between the two - BBC News
    Less said about Aussie c**** the better.

Credit where due though, they do well at the surfing considering they're landlocked.

"Chuck another shrimp on the barbie"
  • Options
    The standard of stewarding games went through the floor when agency staff replaced employees.

Yesterday near my seat in the upper west guys were carrying alcohol to their seats throughout the game.

One guy was standing next to top of the stairs throughout the second half drinking his lager or balancing it on the safety rails.

No action from any steward.
  • Options
    Crusty54 said:
    The standard of stewarding games went through the floor when agency staff replaced employees.

Yesterday near my seat in the upper west guys were carrying alcohol to their seats throughout the game.

One guy was standing next to top of the stairs throughout the second half drinking his lager or balancing it on the safety rails.

Been like that most of the season in west lower. 
  • Options
    Crusty54 said:

I reckon Sandgaard should replace free tickets with allowing a booze whilst watching the game.
    25,000 every game, no problem.
  • Options
    Crusty54 said:

I reckon Sandgaard should replace free tickets with allowing a booze whilst watching the game.
    If only it wasn't against the law.
  • Options
    edited April 2022
  • Options
    Crusty54 said:
    Crusty54 said:

Yessssss, but cricket and rugby still operate without problems.
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    Crusty54 said:

Only if he improves the bloody beer. The Heineken in Crossbars yesterday was atrocious. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    se9addick said:
    Crusty54 said:

Only if he improves the bloody beer. The Heineken in Crossbars yesterday was atrocious. 
    Serve any bottled s*** at £4 the job is a good un.

• Options
    IdleHans said:
    se9addick said:
    Crusty54 said:

Heineken IS atrocious.
    Trust me, they took it to another level yesterday. 
  • Options
    The guys Slovakian for a start….
    In which case (as I see it), the person who shouted the comment with a Russian **** insult, cannot possibly be accused of making a racist comment as Marosi is Slavik, NOT Russian.
    However, if he had call him a Slovenian **** that would, I assume, have been a racial slur.
    Am I right…..all he’s done is used foul language as far as I can see? 🧐
    No because he’s not Slovenian either 
    You need to reread the post of @Soundasa£
  • Options
    Crusty54 said:
    Crusty54 said:

Believe me, at T20 and 100 matches cricket does NOT operate without problems .
  • Options
    Unfortunately your right on the limited overs cricket and the drinking culture.

Not sure if it’s the football crowd moving over or the cricket crowd picking up on the behaviour.

ive seen lots of OTT drunken behaviour but I’d say I’ve never seen any abuse being dished out.
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    In which case (as I see it), the person who shouted the comment with a Russian **** insult, cannot possibly be accused of making a racist comment as Marosi is Slavik, NOT Russian.
    However, if he had call him a Slovenian **** that would, I assume, have been a racial slur.
    No because he’s not Slovenian either 
    Aaaagh…..you English c**t SoundAs! 😂
  • Options
    I went with my brother in law to watch England play the Barbarians at Twickenham.  There was a large group of extremely drunk blokes from the west country and their behaviour towards the others in the stand was horrendous.  Not what I expected and at football it would have either ended in a huge fight or with them being removed.  At the game nobody else batted an eyelid, drunk lewd and overtly sexual, it isn't just football.
  • Options
    Crusty54 said:
    Crusty54 said:

Believe me, at T20 and 100 matches cricket does NOT operate without problems .
    Okay, things must have changed.  As an aside, the stewarding and catering for years at The Valley has been appalling.
  • Options
    cfgs said:
    I went with my brother in law to watch England play the Barbarians at Twickenham.  There was a large group of extremely drunk blokes from the west country and their behaviour towards the others in the stand was horrendous.  Not what I expected and at football it would have either ended in a huge fight or with them being removed.  At the game nobody else batted an eyelid, drunk lewd and overtly sexual, it isn't just football.
    There have been a number of recent problems concerning drinking at rugby matches, e.g. this horrible incident in Cardiff

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-59372210
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    cfgs said:
    Again absolutely right. Huge problems, for example, at the Principality Stadium in Cardiff where the authorities are under pressure to ban the sale of alcohol inside the stadium. 
  • Options
    As long as I have read this right, somebody was sick but no violence or abuse 
    I have scrolled quickly.
  • Options
    What I don’t really get is why there’s so much anger and nastiness. I certainly when I was younger used to dish out abuse to opposing players and fans, but it was never done with any hate. So many people seem so angry nowadays, I don’t get why?
    Sums it up for me.
    I posted a picture of the incident on the thread, without actually reading more than the first couple of posts. As it’s all so confused I’ll delete it now. If I’ve gone past the time when I can do that would one of the mods mind doing it for me please?
  • Options
    Would calling a Bangladeshi a smelly Indian be ok? 
  • Options
    Cloudworm said:
    When you live as a minority, it’s different. If you’re called an English xxxx in England, it doesn’t really impact. When you’re the only one, or one of a few, it cuts a bit deeper. For me, prejudice based on nationality is as bad as any other form. Anything we don’t choose, shouldn’t be used as a stick to beat us with.
    The worst is being called an American/Yank _____
  • Options
    Schooled over here I believe, with flawless English.
    Unlike the low brows that now attend matches.
    Football used to be a working classes game.
    Working class is not low row unless you are an idle loafer like Jacob Rees-Mogg,  MP for 1869. 
    Still if you can find a fault with something I state,I suppose you will. 
    I was not finding fault.