Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Club Statement on Discriminatory Abuse

Comments

• Options
    The club saying that someone had been arrested has been retold, problem now is will sky issue a correction?
  • Options
    Personally known more black Millwall supporters over the years than I have black Charlton supporters tbh. So would advise caution in fighting one prejudice with with another as far as that's concerned.
  • Options
    So is the consensus that if the fan shouted something like "Russian XXXX" then he should be banned for life?!
  • Options
    The guys Slovakian for a start….
  • Options
    Schooled over here I believe, with flawless English.
  • Options
    Dunno if its just me, but the name Marko Morasi doesnt even sound a Russian name
  • Options
    Dunno if its just me, but the name Marko Morasi doesnt even sound a Russian name
    If the k was a c you would think he was Italian.  Tbh just before it all happened I was discussing whether he had come dressed as the 5th Wiggle or Tellytubby.
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    cafctom said:
    Croydon said:
    What I don’t really get is why there’s so much anger and nastiness. I certainly when I was younger used to dish out abuse to opposing players and fans, but it was never done with any hate. So many people seem so angry nowadays, I don’t get why?
    Inadequacy.

Seeing blokes in their 50s screaming blue murder at bemused 19 year old kids warming up by the corner flag each week is tragic.

The younger ones have some warped idea of what being a football lad is which just involves screaming c*** at everyone and everything every 30 seconds and throwing bottles, coins and seats regardless of whether it hits any of the kids or other fans in the vicinity.

State of most of them as well...usually skinny as a rake or bordering on sumo wrestler physique.

Most would get ironed out one on one against a professional footballer and would unlikely get in a ring on their Todd's without being tanked up and on the marching powder.

Thing is they see themselves as "proper" and all that bollocks. Couldn't be further from the truth.

Proper cringes.
    Doncaster away we had a section that spent the entire match goading some kids and whatever adults were accompanying them - looked like coaches and a youth side.

Resulted in the kids being moved with was no doubt classed as win in their heads 
    At Cambridge last Tuesday there was a ball girl in front of the away stand. When she got up to get the ball at one point, one of our brightest brains at the back of the stand decided to scream “Hurry up you slag”.

This was to a girl who could have been no more than 15-16.

Some people will say and do anything to try and impress their mates, and that is amplified by whatever they’ve decided to consume in the build up to a game. 

90% of our fans are absolutely brilliant all of the time, but we do have some proper helmets who try to play up to a role they think they need to portray.

@RodneyCharltonTrotta summed it up perfectly.
    I was there, too. I heard it as "kick it you c@#t" (she threw the ball weakly to MacG). I was heartened by the fact that he was called out by various people around him. 

Same bloke (I think) also shouted a comment involving the word poof.  He then joked  "oh, that's unacceptable now...sorrryyyyy"

Only bringing this up as somebody else did

For me, both deserving of being booted out. Understand that others will disagree....but.... is this just about opinions? 
    To be honest I doubt too many will challenge the opinion that calling a child a “c***” or a “slag” is abhorrent. As is calling someone a “poof”.  
  • Options
    edited April 2022
  • Options
    So is the consensus that if the fan shouted something like "Russian XXXX" then he should be banned for life?!
    Dunno. What's your opinion?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    It’s moronic but no, he shouldn’t be banned for life.
  • Options
    As an older person reading those posts, I read them as Roland is a twat that happens to be Belgian.
    To others they infer he is a twat because he is Belgian, which I am sure is never what was meant. His countrymen agree with him being a twat on the whole, but safer to just say "Roland the Twat".
  • Options
    Twat, Belgium, English, Welsh? Who gives a fuck in all honesty?
  • Options
    I think there is plenty of grey area. People are rushing to judgement without knowing all the facts and having zero evidence, and the same old faces pop up to lay the blame at the club's leadership.

Well if those same people are advocating a zero tolerance approach to any discrimination, which was outlined as nationality + abuse, then I think we will sadly have to say goodbye to a few members on here, and the poor admins providing this board will no doubt be coming in for criticism too:

Dushitelet was/is killing our club.  
  • Options
    cfgs said:
    As an older person reading those posts, I read them as Roland is a twat that happens to be Belgian.
    To others they infer he is a twat because he is Belgian, which I am sure is never what was meant. His countrymen agree with him being a twat on the whole, but safer to just say "Roland the Twat".
    I mean, is it okay to call someone a "black bastard" because they are a bastard and just happen to be black?

Hence, grey area. Let's wait for any evidence or facts.
    ElfsborgAddick said:
    I think there is plenty of grey area. People are rushing to judgement without knowing all the facts and having zero evidence, and the same old faces pop up to lay the blame at the club's leadership.

Well if those same people are advocating a zero tolerance approach to any discrimination, which was outlined as nationality + abuse, then I think we will sadly have to say goodbye to a few members on here, and the poor admins providing this board will no doubt be coming in for criticism too:

Dushitelet was/is killing our club.  
    Err... so racism/discrimination is okay against people who deserve it 🤔
  • Options
    cfgs said:
    I don't think anybody would say that the posts infer he is a twat because he is Belgian

The objection would be that his nationality, just as with his race, gender or sexuality shouldn't be brought into it. 

Add race or sexuality to the word twat and it becomes pretty uncomfortable, right? Should nationality be treated differently?
  • Options
    I mean, is it okay to call someone a "black bastard" because they are a bastard and just happen to be black?

I was hoping this was rhetorical but in case it wasn’t the answer is “FUCK NO”.  

It’s not a grey area.  Chap’s skin colour has nothing to do with his “legitimacy” at birth, however old fashioned a concept that may be.   That ancient parental stigma is NOT a reason to use a derogatory term for such illegitimacy that has long since been adopted as a generic put down and insult. 

• Options
    RoanRedNY said:

I was hoping this was rhetorical but in case it wasn’t the answer is “FUCK NO”.  

It’s not a grey area.  Chap’s skin colour has nothing to do with his “legitimacy” at birth, however old fashioned a concept that may be.   That ancient parental stigma is NOT a reason to use a derogatory term for such illegitimacy that has long since been adopted as a generic put down and insult. 

It was clearly rhetorical. That was not the grey area being referred to.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Maccn05 said:
    JamesSeed said:

Jimmy boy, have you learnt nothing from this thread?

The guy you’ve posted an image of speaking to stewards on a public forum has been declared innocent of any (illegal) wrongdoing.

Why are you posting this? Are you trying to inflame the situation again?

I suggest you remove the image as currently the guy is getting absolute abuse on socials based on some other moron sharing his picture and all the virtue signallers on their piling in.
    Fair comment mate.
  • Options
    Maccn05 said:
    JamesSeed said:

The guy you’ve posted an image of speaking to stewards on a public forum has been declared innocent of any (illegal) wrongdoing.

I suggest you remove the image as currently the guy is getting absolute abuse on socials based on some other moron sharing his picture and all the virtue signallers on their piling in.
    I think the bloke speaking to the steward is called Mick and he works for the club.
  • Options
    Let’s not let that get in the way of a good witch-hunt 
  • Options
    Maccn05 said:
    JamesSeed said:

I think the bloke speaking to the steward is called Mick and he works for the club.
    Yes and I’m glad Rick is there.

But the fan pictures being being spoken to was the accused, who the police found innocent.

Why post this picture? When we’ve discussed the damage done by the club sharing incorrect information and the abuse the guy has been receiving.

To me that’s Jimmy lad stirring the pot (again)

He should remove the image.
  • Options
    Schooled over here I believe, with flawless English.
    Unlike the low brows that now attend matches.
    Football used to be a working classes game.
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    Maccn05 said:
    Maccn05 said:
    JamesSeed said:

Yes and I’m glad Rick is there.

But the fan pictures being being spoken to was the accused, who the police found innocent.

Why post this picture? When we’ve discussed the damage done by the club sharing incorrect information and the abuse the guy has been receiving.

To me that’s Jimmy lad stirring the pot (again)

He should remove the image.
    The mods should remove the image if he won’t.
  • Options
    I’m just surprised no one has blamed Dangermouse and Jokat yet 🙂

This season can’t end soon enough. 
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    In which case (as I see it), the person who shouted the comment with a Russian **** insult, cannot possibly be accused of making a racist comment as Marosi is Slavik, NOT Russian.
    However, if he had call him a Slovenian **** that would, I assume, have been a racial slur.
    Am I right…..all he’s done is used foul language as far as I can see? 🧐
  • Options
    In which case (as I see it), the person who shouted the comment with a Russian **** insult, cannot possibly be accused of making a racist comment as Marosi is Slavik, NOT Russian.
    However, if he had call him a Slovenian **** that would, I assume, have been a racial slur.
    Am I right…..all he’s done is used foul language as far as I can see? 🧐
    Correct.