Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Club Statement on Discriminatory Abuse

Comments

• Options
    So does anyone (without going into explicit detail) have any insight into what non-racist discrimination consists of to be worthy of arrest?
    Based on nationality, rather than race?
    Is that an arrestible offence? Genuine question.

• Options
    DDOUBLEE said:
    These tweets have cause some confusion, unfortunately. Although he was ejected (wrongly identified originally) a separate person was identified, also ejected and has been arrested. 
    Can someone clear this up on Twitter? Not sure I like the amount of people jumping on the anti-woke bandwagon due to this misunderstanding.
  • Options
    DDOUBLEE said:
    These tweets have cause some confusion, unfortunately. Although he was ejected (wrongly identified originally) a separate person was identified, also ejected and has been arrested. 
    Can someone clear this up on Twitter? Not sure I like the amount of people jumping on the anti-woke bandwagon due to this misunderstanding.
    The club have announced someone has been nicked. What else would you like them to do? 
  • Options
    I don’t think there is anything the club can say on official channels but there is a vocal minority on Twitter using this to have a pop at the “woke brigade” jumping on the racism “bandwagon”.

Turns out they’ve jumped on a bandwagon that suits their own world views and it’s almost as ugly for our fanbase as the incident itself IMO.
    True. But it’s like how many fouls do you want to commit before you get a yellow card. Coins and bottles thrown at players. Seats thrown at a steward. They all add up 
  • Options
    There was some good banter at Selhurst park at the Sainsbury's end on occasions when we had the misfortune to play there.
    Some guy screaming at Razor Ruddock that he was on the piss the night before and naming the pubs he was in(old Kent road pubs)  when Charlton were playing Southampton. From memory it was at HT when the reserves were on the pitch and Ruddock said hush your mouth; he never denied it. (I don't think he came on but it was a long time ago!)

One guy was always shouting at the keepers "what car do you drive"  in a break of play, Les Sealey (Luton ?) said a Jag, what's your motor, a Robin fucking reliant. (Les died at 43 from a heart attack)

Banter or abuse, common sense should tell you the difference.

• Options
    shirty5 said:
    Marko Marosi is a Slovak; why do I believe that some/one of the moronic fans who follow Cafc believe that is in Russia ?
    Some of the shit that comes from the mouths of our critics/fans is amazing and that's aimed at Charlton players let alone the away team.

I don't believe anyone who goes to work should be abused; including Footballers. Boo if you must but for a keeper to inform a ref of being sworn at by a fan who I would imagined kept doing it and mentioned his country as well ( or what the moron thought was his Country) then pleased that it was dealt with. "Only a bit of banter" said potty mouth fan when up before the break.

Can anyone who was in earshot confirm what was said ?
    Put the words in speech marks !

We won't shoot the messenger.
    I know a female supporter who sits here by and says it’s a father and son who basically are vile individuals and basically been getting away with comments all season .. … 

Use the text number then that Brian Cole mentions every home game or email the club 
    Apparently, supporters who sit nearby have reported the individuals multiple times this season for their constant vile abuse at every game, yet nothing has been done about it. Makes a total mockery of those announcements when the club do nothing when stuff is actually reported.
    Lip service like many things then the club are doing this season. All front and no trousers 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    ROTW said:
    Become ever so touchy nowadays.
    Cant even enjoy a bit of birthday cake with fellow employees.
    FFS, snap out of it. The worlds gone fucking mad.
    Kids are stabbing each over daily, yet we have police concentrating their efforts on some (unconfirmed) verbal abuse.

Then the club can show a pair of bollocks for once in it’s life and deal with this shit correctly 
  • Options
    Can someone confirm exactly what was said?
  • Options
    ROTW said:
    Can someone confirm exactly what was said?
    It’s a toss up between the old bill and Sue Gray
  • Options
    DDOUBLEE said:
    Not according to the latest club statement.

https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/626466c99dfd9/update-on-report-of-discriminatory-abuse
  • Options
    Either someone was nicked or they wasn’t? Duff info at 7pm then? 
  • Options
    shirty5 said:
    The information that was provided before the original statement was that there was an arrest, but this now seems not to be the case. 
  • Options
    shirty5 said:
    We have had many incidents in that part of the covered end this season from Coins to bottles to seat throwing this season. No one at the club possibly bar Mick Everitt wants to take responsibility to deal
    with this shit. If the club had a made statement last October after the Accrington game then maybe this shit would not have happened.

But you reap what you sow and this was long coming  and you have to see the young element now following us to think it’s carte Blanche. 

Maybe a good slap from an away teams fans might focus the mind
    I’ve had enough of the Lower North - not a pleasant atmosphere anymore and I’ve seen coins etc being thrown, abuse of visiting team players (not racist) just screaming abuse for no discernible reason, people arguing with stewards and on one occasion a laser pointer being shone at the photographers (which I reported).

Absolutely no doubt in my mind that it gets worse whenever there is a ticket promotion, of any kind.

When I renew it will be East or West - shame because most of the lower north fans are good natured and passionate.
  • Options
    shirty5 said:
    The information that was provided before the original statement was that there was an arrest, but this now seems not to be the case. 
    Police liaison officer at fault then? 
  • Options

A complaint of discriminatory abuse by an individual in the Covered End was made to the referee, Sam Purkiss, by a Shrewsbury Town player during today’s game at The Valley.

The game was delayed for a period of time after the referee informed the club’s safety officer that he wouldn’t re-commence the game until the two individuals had been removed from the stadium.

An individual has been arrested by police and is in custody. The club are supporting the police with their investigations. 

The club has a zero-tolerance policy towards any form of discrimination. We have a long history of promoting equality and tackling discrimination. Discrimination has no place at this club or in football.

Unless your names kiko casilla.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    shirty5 said:
    So will you be publicly apologising to the individual that the club (you) said was arrested when they weren’t!

Its very worrying that the club preaches a zero tolerance policy and yet has allegedly ignored several complaints as suggested by another poster.

The media team were quick to act and comment when they were abused so why have the club not acted on the complaints?
  • Options
    Once the game did re start a load of people congregated near the front to give the keeper more stick. How did the club respond, did they send in stewards to move them away? No

• Options
    Maccn05 said:
    shirty5 said:
    So will you be publicly apologising to the individual that the club (you) said was arrested when they weren’t!

Its very worrying that the club preaches a zero tolerance policy and yet has allegedly ignored several complaints as suggested by another poster.

The media team were quick to act and comment when they were abused so why have the club not acted on the complaints?
    At no point did the club accuse that person of being arrested with the original statement. It was well established by the club that he was innocent and that there was another guilty party at the time of the statement. The information that was provided was that he was ejected, it was established that he was wrongly identified by the accuser and that someone else had been identified and arrested. Unfortunately, the guilty party has not yet been arrested and that, regrettably, was not correct when the first statement was written.  
    One of the main problems that has arisen is that a fan posted his photo across social media which, of course, is not fair on that individual.

On the complaints about general behaviour in the Covered End Lower this season, it’s not my remit, but I am aware that it has been taken very seriously by the club and a number of operations have taken place to identify individuals, some of which have been on the end of appropriate action.

That is the world we live in. What must happen is when the club make a statement stating the someone has been arrested and put in custody it does need to be true. 
  • Options
    IdleHans said:
    Good statement from Shrewsbury. I hope these tossers get a very long ban if true
    Not sure why racism isn't a permanent ban tbh.