Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

POST-MATCH THREAD: Ipswich Town vs Charlton Athletic | Saturday 30th April 2022 - 12:30 KO

Comments

• Options
    Pathetic ending to a pathetic season by a pathetic manager and players
  • Options
    Things I'd like to see next season.......

• Coming back to win after letting in the first goal.

• A front man scoring 20 goals 

• wingers whipping in crosses

• midfielders shooting from outside the box.

And us conceding 80 goals because we have two strikers and 2 wingers? 
  • Options
    Well, looks like I definitely made the right choice in doing my laundry rather than following the match thread. Sounds like Harness is nowhere near ready, and what was Famewo getting slaughtered by Brown for - something specific or his all round performance?
  • Options
    edited April 2022
  • Options
    Not even bothered
  • Options
    We started playing at 3 down and it could have easily been 3-3 at one point … JJ job starts now he will be judged on next season when he gets his players to play his system 
    Not really. Stockley's point blank winner was a simple chance, so we should really have scored one.
    Inniss's chance shortly after was decent, but you're only going to sore 40% from that position. And if Stockley had scored he wouldn't have had that chance anyway.
    Washington could have done better when put through by Aneke's lob pass.
    It could easily have been 5 or 6 to them and 1 (or possibly 2) to us.
  • Options
    Looking at the GD we need to work out how we are going to score 20 more goals AND conced 20 less. 

We need twice the improvement we needed last year.  If its the same people, doing the same thing, expect the same result. 

I can't see any reason for any optomisum at all even if the manager is Johnnie Jackson, Alan Curbishley or Jurgen Klopp. 
  • Options
    I've hated this season. Shite recruitment that was done far too late, produced a gutless insipid squad. Adkins went, we found some bollocks for a few games, then JJ lost his way. 

We don't have enough of a core to build on for a promotion push next season. 

Nor do I feel we have the right management team to do so either. 

Could someone also tell JJ to lose the skinny jeans and perfect hair do on match days, it's L1 ffs, not Milan fashion week. 

Wankers, the lot of em. 

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    We started playing at 3 down and it could have easily been 3-3 at one point … JJ job starts now he will be judged on next season when he gets his players to play his system 
    You mean the way Adkins got the players he wanted & we hit the ground running at the start of the season.

• Options
    PWR

Dreadful performance. Awful season. Glad it’s over - but will it get any better?
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:

Score 100 & it wont matter.

Letting in goals is only a problem if you dont score down the other end.

• Options
    Abject performance.  Totally let down those of us that went.  Glad this season is over.  Best part was seeing @SE7toSG3 for the first time for a while 
  • Options
    Embarrassing. The whole season has been terrible. First game was MK and booed them off. Finished off by booing off at Ipswich.

Won’t settle for another season like this. Not happy at all.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:

No team got promoted or in the play offs with a goal difference of less than +24.  Noone conceded more than Sunderland 53 or scored more than Wigan's 82.

Its almost impossible to get 80 points with a plus 20 goal difference.  You would have to score about 130!

Yes we need to score more goals, Stevie wonder can see that, but we also need to conced less. 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

No team got promoted or in the play offs with a goal difference of less than +24.  Noone conceded more than Sunderland 53 or scored more than Wigan's 82.

Its almost impossible to get 80 points with a plus 20 goal difference.  You would have to score about 130!

Yes we need to score more goals, Stevie wonder can see that, but we also need to conced less. 
    It’s why radical surgery to the squad is essential. If anyone thinks two or three permanent signings and five or six loans will cut it then they’re off their trolley. We need the biggest squad overhaul we’ve ever undertaken in my opinion. That includes I’m sorry to say losing Jackson. Nothing I’ve seen makes me think he’s the answer. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I'm another who forgot about the kick-off time, very pleased I did.

Shocking "squad", worse season, best forgotten if we can.

Not confident that the right lessons have been learned and that enough can be done to improve matters next season.

Oh well..
  • Options
    Only a 12 inch megamix picture disc of “Addicks to Victory” can console me - If I get kicked in the head by a horse I may consider buying a season.

Still a clean sheet win for Ipswich!
  • Options
    Yes this season has been awful for us, none of us can disagree on that but to have ‘Jacko out’ isn’t the answer.
    Sir Chris had a similar sort of season when he took charge from Parkinson and we had an awful end of the season then, people was saying then Sir Chris wasn’t the answer but look what happened the season after….. dominance and no one could touch us. 
    We need the same this time in the summer and I still feel Jacko is the answer. Charlton till we die 🔴⚪️

• Options
    S**t end of
  • Options
    Chalk me up for another numpty tuning in thinking it was a 3pm kick off 🤦🏻‍♂️. 

On the plus side I spared myself 90 minutes of yet more rubbish by the sounds of it. I've never wanted a season to finish as badly as this one. 
  • Options
    Thank fudge that’s all over. It’s astronomical the amount of work we need to do, to compete next season, but I am not sure we are going to be able to.

Currently for me, we have a squad who are not good enough to get top 6. We have a manager and coaching set up which I feel wouldn’t be good enough to get a top 6 team into top 6. And worst of all, no one with the ability or know how to make the right decisions above them to rectify this.

I very much think this season will become the norm for us.  
    Absolutely spot on. & this "And worst of all, no one with the ability or know how to make the right decisions above them to rectify this." is most definitely the worst part of all. Unless sandgaard sells or has a Road to Damascus moment this is our future. Don't forget not so long ago he said that we have a top two squad & just need a couple of tweaks.