Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

POST-MATCH THREAD: Ipswich Town vs Charlton Athletic | Saturday 30th April 2022 - 12:30 KO

Comments

• Options
    Absolute shit - was there ? 
    What is going on ? 
  • Options
    Johnnie determined to continue doing things his own way. That’s good in as much he’ll be in charge next season and he can be judged on that. No ifs, no buts. Top six by Christmas or he should go. At this point I’m resigned to that scenario but not hopeful.
  • Options
    Good core of players my arse Jacko!

1 dodgy keeper, 1 lower league CB who might turn out OK, 1 decent defensive mid, 1 creative mid we've barely seen since signing in January and 1 speedy winger who can't manage 90 mins, 1 decent forward who can't last 30 mins and a 1 paced giant up front who's hold up play with his back to goal is awful.
    Yea but leaving all that aside....
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Absolute shit - was there ? 
    What is going on ? 

Too many ego's pulling in different directions, unlike 20 years ago when everyone sang from the same songbook.

I honestly can't see with the current set up, owner, management and coaches, how we'll be able to challenge for a top six place next season.

Concerned of Bexley.
  • Options
    Played golf, instead of keeping track of the score, wasn’t surprised when I looked. The thing that hurts more about this season is the fact we had so much hope going into it compared to previous seasons with TS taking over. Based on that I don’t think I remember such a damp squib letdown of a season. Disastrous in fact. Whomever gets the boot from the coaches to the squad of players  can have no argument, and good riddance.😤
  • Options
    sums up our awful season .. too slow, too unskilled, too easily outwitted, tactically all over the place and far too easily panic stricken .. a total post season clear out and overhaul is required .. fair play to the mass of travelling fans, the disappointment was palpable though defeat was not really unexpected, but the humour and good spirit never died .. EXCEPT for the mouse brain who somehow contrived to throw a red flare that landed under my seat, and I was near the back, never knew I had so many enemies lol .. thanks to the quick witted young man sat in front of me who grabbed the flare and threw it onto the side of the pitch, an olympian effort .. a young man near me was seriously complaining about the effects of the cloying smoke, cut it out please chaps

Next season MUST see some improvement .. Sandy, where's the money ??
  • Options
    LouisMend said:
    “I think we’ve got a good core that will be coming back to us next season"

Well that tells you all that you need to know
    I guarentee he includes the likes of Gilbey and MacGillivray in that which is as worrying as the 4-0 today. 
  • Options
    cabbles said:
    Half expected these piss artists to win today just to try and make Sandgaard think the squad is salvageable. It’s not, none of it is. 4-0 against Ipswich, a team we almost always nick something off even when we’re bad, is a good summary of where we are. Burn it all. Keep the people who work in the ticket office and the groundsmen and sack off the rest. No mercy. I’d love a refreshed squad under Jackson to storm the league next season but it’s more likely we’ll just see the same again. What a life 
    Bloody hell.  You’re usually one of the more measured ones mate 
    I literally just got off a plane after a nice holiday for a 3-0 scoreline to immediately ruin my mood. I am not the audience for their shenanigans today 
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    Things I'd like to see next season.......

• Coming back to win after letting in the first goal.

• A front man scoring 20 goals 

• wingers whipping in crosses

• midfielders shooting from outside the box.

I’d add 1. some solid defending and 2. Goals from around the team to this list too but then I thought we should clarify that we want to see these attributes FROM Charlton, given that we see this AGAINST Charlton most weeks
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Johnnie determined to continue doing things his own way. That’s good in as much he’ll be in charge next season and he can be judged on that. No ifs, no buts. Top six by Christmas or he should go. At this point I’m resigned to that scenario but not hopeful.
    If he ends up going at Christmas We’d  have wasted another season, too long to wait and see how it’s going, if we are looking shit after five games with potential recruitment and a pre season with new players. Then the change would have to be made, whether or not it would be worth it, I don’t know.🤷🏻‍♂️
  • Options
    If we really do “have good core” of contracted players then we are a very long way from top 10 next year given the top 10 this year and the 3 coming down
  • Options
    paulfox said:
    If he ends up going at Christmas We’d  have wasted another season, too long to wait and see how it’s going, if we are looking shit after five games with potential recruitment and a pre season with new players. Then the change would have to be made, whether or not it would be worth it, I don’t know.🤷🏻‍♂️
    If he has to go it has to be before the World Cup.
  • Options
    Less said the better
  • Options
    LouisMend said:

I guarentee he includes the likes of Gilbey and MacGillivray in that which is as worrying as the 4-0 today. 
    He also said (possibly not word for word as I can't find the article)) the other day on "Londonnewsonline" that our strikers are top class & he's not really looking to improve that area, there's other positions with a higher priority.
  • Options
    LouisMend said:

He also said (possibly not word for word as I can't find the article)) the other day on "Londonnewsonline" that our strikers are top class & he's not really looking to improve that area, there's other positions with a higher priority.
    I really hope your pulling our pissers there charltonbob!!!😬 no more new strikers would be criminal!!
  • Options
    LouisMend said:

all the areas of our team are strong .. EXCEPT for .. Goalkeeper, defence. midfield and attack .. IF Jackson was serious, and I must believe he was, then he needs to be sacked a s a p and get to Specsavers for a much needed eye test
  • Options
    Big support and coins spent !
    Think that’s my worse away defeat ! 
    Anyone got better or worse ?