Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

JOHNNIE JACKSON - new 2 year contract at AFC Wimbledon (p44)

Comments

• It's ok to blame Adkins and the recruitment.

His setup was insane. The full-backs were left 1v1 with the wingers every week and we were getting tonked because of it.
  • As I said the start is on Adkins, he’s supposed to be an experienced manager, and when he didn’t get the players he wants, he should have had the smarts to adapt, he couldn’t and prattled on about KPIs 
  • Blimey. Big call from Sandgaard.  Let's hope he knows what he is doing.  

Haha football wise I don't think he's got a clue ......................... except that his son has a hard shot.
    ffs, show some respect, he has a REALLY hard shot
  • We'll never win fuck all with Tommy the rock star bas our owner.

His ego's too big to listen to the people he should be listening to.

He can stick his plectrum where the sun don't shine for all I care.
  • On ITTV

Brett the analysis man has been sacked today as well.

Employees have been told that Martin Sandgaard is taking on extra responsibilities.

Has this been confirmed please?

• On ITTV

Brett the analysis man has been sacked today as well.

Employees have been told that Martin Sandgaard is taking on extra responsibilities.

Has this been confirmed please?

Ok he'll be down to the last couple of straws if this is true. 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    UEAAddick said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Scoham said:
    There is plenty out there to choose from - ex Derby boss Cocu, ex Norwich Farke, Warburton, Mowbray

We need experience, not young, if we are to get out of Lge 1

If only Curbs could be tempted out of retirement - on Charlton Live he speaks so much sense
    Wigan Manager - 42 

Rotherham Manager - 48

Sunderland Manager - 40

MK Dons Manager - 36

Wycombe Manager - 48

Sheff Wed Manager - 46

You want a manager that has been involved with coaching/playing fairly recently. No dinosaurs.
    This 100%. Will be Adkins all over again if we get an experienced manager dropping down from the Championship. Not what we need at all.
    I don't agree. I know I am in a minority, probably of 1, but it wasn't so much the appointment of Adkins that was the problem.  Or Adkins himself persay.  Not many managers would succeed with a back room staff prescribed to them and little say on recruitment. 

I still firmly believe that if he had the tools he could have made a fist of it.  I feel the same way about Jackson.  I will probably feel the same about the next one as well.  Let's not pretend that Adkins was some real left field appointment that was doomed from the start. 
    I agree with a lot of this, but I do blame Adkins for the weird chopping and changing of formations and tactics, that was his fault. As much as you can blame TS for the summer and he was to blame for a lot of it, as a manager you still have to sometimes look past it and try and get the best out of the players you can. Instead of complaining about signings you didn't get. 

But as you've said in this structure I don't see it improving. A message to TS,

Let the manager manage and support him with a budget until no longer warranted.

Owners can have opinions and questions on signings as long as isn't overriding the manager completely.

They are also allowed to say no to signings with baggage imo, like if we signed Lee Hughes for example, but that's as far as it goes.

Oh I agree with the first bit and that's why he was rightfully sacked but I don't think he was given a fair crack.  I would imagine in hindsight he would agree he shouldn't have taken the job but you can't blame him for taking it. 
    Tbh I wouldn't have been shocked and thought at the time that me may have walked in August. Think we all knew very early on he wasn't happy. Would have been an interesting to see how the club would have dealt with it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Think I heard that Roy Keane was interviewed a couple of weeks ago after he ruled himself out of the Running for the Sunderland job 
  • Dazzler21 said:
    This nonsense of wanting Jacko to finish 8th after taking over in the bottom four just suggests TS never really wanted him. 
    8th was achievable. Just needed to try something different now and then rather than persist with the wrong players.
    8th was definitely achievable. I recall speaking to someone at Morecambe A, who was convinced we'd be top 2.
    I said I thought 6th was the best we could hope for.
  • I remember plenty of people saying we could "Do a Blackpool" and go from relegation to playoffs after Jackson's first few wins....

But as bollocks as that was, I imagine the decision to bin off Jackson wasn't based on the league position, that may well be the very convenient excuse, but not the reason. Sandgaard said it was an initial 1.5 year contract, there wasn't an extension to earn to carry into next season, he was always here.

• If JJ was going to go, it would have been better a month ago, and unless TS has someone lined up then it sets back preparation for the new season and the new manager being able to take a look at the current players and decide who he wants to keep. Also the players knowing who the manager is and whether they want to play under the new manager.
  • edited May 2022
    Speaking to my best mate about the situation, his dad works at the football club and he was at the POTY’ award the other night and he was speaking to Jacko about his plans for next season, thinking he was still gonna be in charge next season so this was very unexpected on Jacko’ part, he didn’t have a clue he would be out of the job a couple of days after 
    Then he was being a bit silly then imo. In any employment if your contract is based on certain levels of performance or targets knowing that you have not met them and to assume you will still have a job seems a bit weird
  • edited May 2022
    supaclive said:

Classy!!!!
  • Dazzler21 said:
    supaclive said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    supaclive said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    supaclive said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    This nonsense of wanting Jacko to finish 8th after taking over in the bottom four just suggests TS never really wanted him. 
    8th was achievable. Just needed to try something different now and then rather than persist with the wrong players.
    I've seen you play @Dazzler21 and just like your footballing skills, you don't really know what you're doing. 

Jacko showed his belief in the current set up with the amount of minutes he played loan signings he didn't choose.

Gunther
    Watson
    Arter
    Matthews
    Yid loanee
    Chelsea loanee
    Elliot Lee
    Injuries to Stockley, Washington, Aneke, Lavelle and Innis.

And yet he should have got EIGHTEEN MORE POINTS??!

TOP TWO FORM

WITH THIS SQUAD?!

8th was achievable. Not autos. 8th.
    We were 22nd when Jackson took over.  He NEEDED promotion form to get to 8th.....

Sigh.
    Re-read your comment. Why couldn't we do it when others have.
    BECAUSE OUR SQUAD ISN'T GOOD ENOUGH!!!

THE SQUAD JACKO DIDN'T CHOOSE
    THE LOAN PLAYERS HE DIDN'T RATE
    THE INJURIES WE HAD

YET YOU THINK IT IS / WAS ????
     You're getting very aggressive here. 
    Yeah, he'll do that
    I know.  All those capital letters I use to emphasise my point.

• Carter said:
    Stupid and classless decision 

I cant blame the players enough for this, a toxic horrible bunch barring a couple of exceptions and toxic in the worst way of apathetic selfish lazy pricks. No leadership on the pitch when Pearce wasn't playing. Moronic, cowardly red cards and stupid yellows showing no sense of duty or loyalty. 

And from a totally objective perspective, whatever mug is now brought in has got to make decisions on players they know nothing about, oversee a summer of rebuilding and recruitment in a month and a half. 

The players owe Johnnie Jackson a huge apology, he will struggle to get another managerial job now because a club he is hugely in credit with binned him off rather than letting him undertake the rebuild and backing him. 

This.
  • We will always be a community club. With loyal, die hard fans. And that will never change. We have tasted the good times and a lot of heartache. But football now is about results and winning.  Its business. Times have changed. Take out the emotion.  Nothing last forever. Jacko was a brilliant servant and footballer. As a Manager he was one dimensional.  With our present owner, who is ambitious, I admire what he has done. He wants to succeed, wants this club of ours to be better.
    I know this will not go down well with the romantics but we can be better and play more ruthless football. Just look at Man City....relegated in 1998 when we , yes Charlton,  were promoted to the Premier league.  And look now what they have achieved. It's about foresight,  ambition and obviously money. If the owner wants that then he has to do buy success.  We need an ambitious owner with a manager who can get the very best out of the 11 who wear that shirt. 

• Sponsored links:

• edited May 2022
    Seen people confused by the term "low block".

FYI it's just a fancy analyst way of saying park the bus. Teams who come to the Valley and park the bus will be set-up by their manager/coach in a "low block".

• edited May 2022
    supaclive said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    supaclive said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    I've seen you play @Dazzler21 and just like your footballing skills, you don't really know what you're doing. 

Jacko showed his belief in the current set up with the amount of minutes he played loan signings he didn't choose.

Gunther
    Watson
    Arter
    Matthews
    Yid loanee
    Chelsea loanee
    Elliot Lee
    Injuries to Stockley, Washington, Aneke, Lavelle and Innis.

And yet he should have got EIGHTEEN MORE POINTS??!

TOP TWO FORM

WITH THIS SQUAD?!

8th was achievable. Not autos. 8th.
    We were 22nd when Jackson took over.  He NEEDED  automatic promotion form to get to 8th.....

Sigh.
    He didn't sign the contract when we were 22nd did he?
    Surely he signed the contract just before xmas, after his 9 or so unbeaten games in temporary charge?
    I would guess we were around 14thish, when he signed that contract and many fans were talking about us making the play offs.
  • thecat said:
    Sad day for me. Shame we will not get a chance to say goodbye to a club legend. All the best JJ
    12 years Stirling service  - normally a testimonial after 10.
  • If there’s anything to believe about the previous post about someone in America being the next manager apparently Ryan shawcross has said he’s leaving America to manage in England…imagine the melt down 
  • Dazzler21 said:
    To finish 8th this season would’ve required 77 points across 46 games.

Jacko had 33 games to work with after coming in following a return of 9 points from 13.

Ultimately the target for Jacko to reach 8th place ended up being 68 points required from 33 games. That is above 2ppg and the form that would’ve seen us win the league had it been played out across a season.

Unfortunately it’s become clear that the expectations were unrealistic and anyone who took the job, Jacko or otherwise, was on a hiding to nothing.

• Think we all wanted Jacko to be a success, but the simple fact it that the defeats (21 of them, in League 1) were convincing and the wins were far from convincing. Add to that the boring football which many on this forum have suggested is the reason why they may not renew their tickets or have lost interest and you can see why there’s need for change. 

The post match interviews were a bit underwhelming as well. 

Stick and throw your money behind Jacko and his team and what has happened now will probably have happened anyway 10/15 games in and then another wasted year in this league. 

It’s a gamble for sure, but how many were convinced that Jacko was the man to take us forward to promotion next season. I’m sad to say that I wasn’t. 
  • Scoham said:
    That second tweet suggests that severance was always in the offing at the end of the season surely? Like, even if he had finished say 7th it just would have meant the severance was higher?  Seems like a weird clause to put in a contract for a new manager doesn't it?? "If you finish 7th I'll sack you and pay you X, if you finish tenth i'll sack you and pay you -X... etc " Or am I reading that wrong??