Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Next manager - Ben Garner confirmed (p256)

Comments

• mendonca said:
    What's a Rangers forum got to do with anything?!
    They have a thread about him as their ex coach, highly rated by their support and most basically wishing he would come back, he built up quite a rapport with the fanbase 
  • DA9 said:
    Just read on a Rangers forum, someone says he has been told that if Beale is offered our job, Villa are expecting him to take it, won’t name his source 
    It wasn't #BalmoralBoy was it?
    Ronnie McKinnon
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    mendonca said:
    Because this time last year Beale worked for Rangers?
    I thought I read Villa were expecting him to stay ? 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    mendonca said:
    Because this time last year Beale worked for Rangers?
    I thought I read Villa were expecting him to stay ? 
    That was in The Telegraph or similar. This came from a Rangers forum. A forum has got to be more accurate, right? Right??
  • I'd be surprised if we don't have a manager in place by the end of this week.  If it doesn't happen this week, I'd start to feel slightly concerned
    I'd be astonished if we had a manager  in place by the end of this week. 

Also, I really can't see Beale wanting to come here. He must have better options. He's in a better option right now. Unless he's got a house he can't rent out in New Eltham.
  • It's a difficult one for Beale. On the one hand he might well want to be a manager in his own right but, on the other, he is respected as a coach and part of the Gerrard team that might one day be managing Liverpool. He's probably on very good money too and given the average longevity of a manager, the chances are that he would be sacked by us a long time before he and Gerrard part company with each other and/or with Villa. 
  • Vincenzo said:
    I'd be surprised if we don't have a manager in place by the end of this week.  If it doesn't happen this week, I'd start to feel slightly concerned

Also, I really can't see Beale wanting to come here. He must have better options. He's in a better option right now. Unless he's got a house he can't rent out in New Eltham.
    Is he? If he’s no ambitions to be a manager then yes he is.

But if he wants to be a number one, we’re a hugely attractive option to him. Big club with the possibility to make real progress. A club he already has a connection with in an area he knows well.

It’s surely a dream first managerial role for him. Just hope TS has the vision to give it a go. I honestly think if he’s offered the role, he’d take it.
  • I still think Ainsworth will be our next manager.
  • Sponsored links:

• Vincenzo said:
    I'd be surprised if we don't have a manager in place by the end of this week.  If it doesn't happen this week, I'd start to feel slightly concerned

Wow your full of the joys of spring!!🤣🙄
  • paulfox said:
    There you go, Stuart Pearce steps down as West Ham coach, it’s got to be him!!!!!😬🤣
    Pearce going to help Gerrard at Villa to replace Beale maybe 🤔 
  • It's a difficult one for Beale. On the one hand he might well want to be a manager in his own right but, on the other, he is respected as a coach and part of the Gerrard team that might one day be managing Liverpool. He's probably on very good money too and given the average longevity of a manager, the chances are that he would be sacked by us a long time before he and Gerrard part company with each other and/or with Villa. 
    Klopp isn’t going anywhere anytime soon and has just signed a new contract. You’d think Liverpool would aim higher than Gerrard as well. 
    Klopp isn’t going anywhere anytime soon and has just signed a new contract. You’d think Liverpool would aim higher than Gerrard as well. 
    Liverpool need to aim higher than a former champions league winning captain, who has already won silverware as manager, that came through their youth system.  However us offering a job to someone that's never been a manager or played a professional game, partly because he "knows the club" is a sign of ambition and intent.

:smile:
  • RC_CAFC said:
    Vincenzo said:

But if he wants to be a number one, we’re a hugely attractive option to him. Big club with the possibility to make real progress. A club he already has a connection with in an area he knows well.

It’s surely a dream first managerial role for him. Just hope TS has the vision to give it a go. I honestly think if he’s offered the role, he’d take it.
    Next season will see us in League 1 for the sixth of the last seven seasons. We've had 15 permanent managers in the last 16 years.

If someone was looking in from outside and working on the basis of probability, rather than possibility, it's far more likely that we will still be in League 1 this time next year and/or our next manager will already have been sacked. We aren't a "big club" from either perspective because "big" clubs don't reside in League 1 or have a constantly revolving door of managers. The likes of Rotherham, Wigan, Barnsley, Hull, Reading, Coventry and even the likes of MK Dons, Peterborough and Wycombe, it could be argued, have had more recent success and certainly more stability in the last few years. Are they, or an Ipswich, Wednesday, Oxford, Bolton or Portsmouth less of a "big club" based on potential? 

The offer has to be one that will persuade him that it is better for him to be a Manager in the third tier of English football than an important cog at a PL Club and that the Club has a clear vision, backed by financial resources to bring in the right players to match the style of football he wants his team to play for a reasonable and attainable position next season. Then he might consider it because potential is only potential if it is achievable.
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    It's a difficult one for Beale. On the one hand he might well want to be a manager in his own right but, on the other, he is respected as a coach and part of the Gerrard team that might one day be managing Liverpool. He's probably on very good money too and given the average longevity of a manager, the chances are that he would be sacked by us a long time before he and Gerrard part company with each other and/or with Villa. 
    Liverpool need to aim higher than a former champions league winning captain, who has already won silverware as manager, that came through their youth system.  However us offering a job to someone that's never been a manager or played a professional game, partly because he "knows the club" is a sign of ambition and intent.

One is Liverpool, arguably the biggest club in world football. The other is Charlton Athletic.

Take Gerrard’s name away him and he’s won something in a two team league and finished mid-table with Villa. They can do a lot better. Irrelevant anyway as Klopp isn’t going anywhere for a long time. 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    It's a difficult one for Beale. On the one hand he might well want to be a manager in his own right but, on the other, he is respected as a coach and part of the Gerrard team that might one day be managing Liverpool. He's probably on very good money too and given the average longevity of a manager, the chances are that he would be sacked by us a long time before he and Gerrard part company with each other and/or with Villa. 

One is Liverpool, arguably the biggest club in world football. The other is Charlton Athletic.

Take Gerrard’s name away him and he’s won something in a two team league and finished mid-table with Villa. They can do a lot better. Irrelevant anyway as Klopp isn’t going anywhere for a long time. 
    Unless Gerrard really balls it up I would be shocked if isn't the next Liverpool manager. 
  • RC_CAFC said:
    Vincenzo said:

Next season will see us in League 1 for the sixth of the last seven seasons. We've had 15 permanent managers in the last 16 years.

If someone was looking in from outside and working on the basis of probability, rather than possibility, it's far more likely that we will still be in League 1 this time next year and/or our next manager will already have been sacked. We aren't a "big club" from either perspective because "big" clubs don't reside in League 1 or have a constantly revolving door of managers. The likes of Rotherham, Wigan, Barnsley, Hull, Reading, Coventry and even the likes of MK Dons, Peterborough and Wycombe, it could be argued, have had more recent success and certainly more stability in the last few years. Are they, or an Ipswich, Wednesday, Oxford, Bolton or Portsmouth less of a "big club" based on potential? 

The offer has to be one that will persuade him that it is better for him to be a Manager in the third tier of English football than an important cog at a PL Club and that the Club has a clear vision, backed by financial resources to bring in the right players to match the style of football he wants his team to play for a reasonable and attainable position next season. Then he might consider it because potential is only potential if it is achievable.
    If he doesn’t think he can achieve it I don’t want him applying. Should only be someone who can see the club has clear potential and has ambitions to fulfill that.

Same goes for any person applying. The person who we appoint, I want to believe they can get this club promoted. If they don’t believe that then what is the point of them applying. They need to have faith in their own ability,
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

Unless Gerrard really balls it up I would be shocked if isn't the next Liverpool manager. 
    Unless he does something spectacular with Villa I’ll be shocked if he is. 
  • Sponsored links:

• beale now evens on betvictor and  Taylor 4-5 on 
  • Hope it's not Pearce , could see him at Blackburn or QPR though. 
  • edited May 2022
    paulfox said:
    ButtleJR said:
    It’s quite alarming, if true, that we’re still interviewing candidates.
    Unfortunately we are. 
    How do you know?? Or are you guessing

That would be telling lol

• Addick_8 said:
    Stuart Pearce 👀 
    Burnley 
  • Addick_8 said:
    Stuart Pearce 👀 
    Interesting choice, he might put Craig MacGillivray up front if we need a late goal.

• I am getting very fed up with our owner.
    he does not convince me at all with his ego driven bullshit and promises.
    Actions speak louder than words/Bullshit.👎👎