Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Next manager - Ben Garner confirmed (p256)

Comments

• Jac_52 said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Jac_52 said:
    Jac_52 said:
    Jac_52 said:
    For added context, and, because "hUr DuR wHy YOu hAtE MaRTiN tHoUGh" (because apparently that's the reason) a look at the job skills requirement for an U23 performance analyst at Man city (yes I know city are at the elite end of the footballing spectrum

And a job description for a recruitment analyst at spurs:

https://www.hub-soccer.com/2020/09/07/recruitment-analyst-tottenham-hotspur/

Good to confirm that absolutely anyone with half a brain could do these jobs with minimal training.
    Off you go then 

Can I take it that this witless remark indicates that you think otherwise?
    You’ve got at least half a brain so I’m sure you can work it out. 

I wanted to give you the opportunity to confirm that you think a job that lists Microsoft Office and barely much else of note as essential skills somehow requires years and years of study and expertise.
    It also says you need a relevant degree and to be at least working towards your UEFA B licence.........

Which require years and years of study and experience.

And you really think not having those things will prevent someone being able to do the role as it is described there in reality? That somehow not having those things makes you magically incapable of performing what sounds like a very basic role with little that can't be picked up within a week or so of doing it?
    What sounds like?  Talk me through a "day in the life" then?

No I have no idea either......
  • edited May 2022
    OH GOD WHAT HAVE I DONE
  • OH GOD WHAT HAVE I DONE
    Forgot to flush at work? Spilt orange on the sofa?
  • Chris Powell has never had it so good.
    He works for England and Spurs without the pressure of picking the team. Does he look like an idiot to give that up ? 

100% NO 

After the last Charlton owner he worked under, I don’t think he would fancy that scenario again (albeit with lesser aggro this time - I think!!)
  • Going well off topic here, the Sandgaard thread would be more apt.

let’s keep this to the potential new manager speculation please

Typical. Just as I was writing an extensive diatribe on a day in the life of a basic data analyst: A Polymath Story.

Anyway, so Chris Powell coming back sounds like a terrible idea.

• edited May 2022
    Bradley Pritchard was a football analyst before he realised he could out run most of the team and had a trial. He works in the City now so doubt we can afford him.
    Perhaps he could be Manager as well as checking out who is flagging with their stats.
  • TS has been reading Sun Tzu.
    Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.
  • Sponsored links:

• OH GOD WHAT HAVE I DONE
    Letting the days go by, let the water hold me down
    Letting the days go by, water flowing underground
    Into the blue again, into the silent water
    Under the rocks and stones, there is water underground
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Jac_52 said:
    Jac_52 said:
    Jac_52 said:
    For added context, and, because "hUr DuR wHy YOu hAtE MaRTiN tHoUGh" (because apparently that's the reason) a look at the job skills requirement for an U23 performance analyst at Man city (yes I know city are at the elite end of the footballing spectrum

Good to confirm that absolutely anyone with half a brain could do these jobs with minimal training.
    Off you go then 

Can I take it that this witless remark indicates that you think otherwise?
    You’ve got at least half a brain so I’m sure you can work it out. 

I wanted to give you the opportunity to confirm that you think a job that lists Microsoft Office and barely much else of note as essential skills somehow requires years and years of study and expertise.
    It also says you need a relevant degree and to be at least working towards your UEFA B licence.........

Which require years and years of study and experience.
    You’re all arguing over the performance analyst role. Click the link to the Spurs recruitment analyst position instead. No relevant degree or UEFA B license required.

• Sorry hadn’t finished reading all the posts before posting the above. 🤐 
  • Back on thread, yesterdays 'non announcement' as it turned out, wasn't universally greeted with enthusiasm. Anyone would have thought Alex Rae was getting the nod!!! However, since then, some initial sceptics on here, myself included, have warmed to idea of Ben Garner being our head coach, in my case so much so that I'd be more worried if it wasn't him now as the longer the search goes on, the smaller the pool we're fishing in, or so it would seem. 

I wonder how many others have come round to this way of thinking, or is the court of public opinion here and elsewhere still firmly in the "no's have it" camp, assuming it was before.  What say you?
  • swordfish said:
    Back on thread, yesterdays 'non announcement' as it turned out, wasn't universally greeted with enthusiasm. Anyone would have thought Alex Rae was getting the nod!!! However, since then, some initial sceptics on here, myself included, have warmed to idea of Ben Garner being our head coach, in my case so much so that I'd be more worried if it wasn't him now as the longer the search goes on, the smaller the pool we're fishing in, or so it would seem. 

I wonder how many others have come round to this way of thinking, or is the court of public opinion here and elsewhere still firmly in the "no's have it" camp, assuming it was before.  What say you?
    could do with a poll.
  • so why is it taking so long. Forest Green Rovers have signed a new manager, he was Notts County manager.
  • msomerton said:
    so why is it taking so long. Forest Green Rovers have signed a new manager, he was Notts County manager.
    don't know why we didn't look at him, fifth in the National League is not to be sniffed at.
  • As boring and easy an explanation as it is, I’m guessing if it’s a done deal with Garner, TS wants to come over have a face to face and be here for the announcement, which I think is the right thing to do. If TS wasn’t here for it people would jump on his back and say he doesn’t care.🤷🏻‍♂️, if it is Garner, I don’t have a clue about him which really doesn’t matter as long as he gives me an enjoyable winning team to support, the same will apply for whomever takes over.
  • Sponsored links:

• I would sacrifice the enjoyment bit for the win bit.
  • Jac_52 said:

You mean an accountant ?
  • seth plum said:
    I would sacrifice the enjoyment bit for the win bit.
    We can be a little greedy can’t we ?😂
  • Sorry hadn’t finished reading all the posts before posting the above. 🤐 
    See @AFKABartram after class... ;)
  • Valley11 said:
    200 or so new posts…any word on Garner or a new manager? 
    Most likey all done but no announcement till end of next week when TS is over 

• I thought this topic was done to death a few months ago. TS stated somewhere that MS identified the players, SG negotiated the transfer fee and contracts and TS signed it off
    Manager identifies the players and positions he wants and SG team does the rest … 
  • I thought this topic was done to death a few months ago. TS stated somewhere that MS identified the players, SG negotiated the transfer fee and contracts and TS signed it off
    Manager identifies the players and positions he wants and SG team does the rest … 
    As Curbs himself said “ all Jackson had to worry about at CAFC was the team on the pitch and recruitment “
  • There'll be an unnecessary rift between Cawley and the Club me reckons.