Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Next manager - Ben Garner confirmed (p256)

Comments

• Cafc43v3r said:
    JamesSeed said:
    Anyone who thinks that having the owner’s unqualified son in a position of authority in the football set-up is remotely sensible is clearly capable of any mental gymnastics necessary to believe what they want to believe. It’s the same delusional thinking which has sought to justify the spivs, Duchatelet and ESI. It doesn’t of itself make Thomas Sandgaard the same as any of those, but it’s unlikely to be a good thing.

We all want things to be better and to get out of this shitty division, but we are here because of a succession of toxic owners, not toxic fans. As long as the club continues to fail there will be people looking for explanations. They are not the problem.

While I agree with much of this I think it’s highly unlikely that MS will affect training methods or recruitment in any significant way, or even try to. 
    I suspect he’s been sent here to learn the ropes from the pros, and he’d have to be very dumb indeed to try bossing them around, no matter what his job title is. 
    I think if he does overstep we’ll soon hear all about it. You’d hope so anyway. Unless you’re saying that’s already happening?

Edit: ‘the reason I know about MS attempting to make a change to training is because the professionals were incredulous.’
    Oh. But incredulous in the sense they said ‘you’ve got a nerve mate 😂!’  or do we feel they felt threatened or imposed upon? I’d be surprised if it’s the latter, but if it is… different story. 
    I am sorry but that's wrong.  Thomas said he does, others have said he does. 
    Yes I just read that, which is why I deleted the post. You must have just beaten me to it. 👍
    But there’s a difference between having some input and genuinely trying to run the show, for example by overruling Gallen when it comes to transfer targets, and trying to dictate training methods. Would be surprised if it’s the latter, but if it is, then we have a problem. 
  • seth plum said:
    Best vegan sausages for barbecue as we test Quorn Linda McCartneys  Richmond Cauldron and Heck - Laura Nightingale - Surrey Live
    Not sure why Richmond have started stipulating "meat-free". They've always been made of sawdust.
    Bollocks.
  • One minute to go…
  • Sponsored links:

• They meant 5pm PST, see you all in 7 hours. 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Swisdom said:
    My brother in law claims Ben Garner is a "pound shop Ten Haag"

All because I compared Garner to the new Ipswich gaffer

God I hope this works out.....if it ever bloody happens
    I mean, I guess a pound shop version of a bloke who took a team with a comparatively small budget to within seconds of a Champions League final probably would be about a League One level manager no?
    Remember we don't want Carrick because he only got a naught naught against Chelsea.........

I'm genuinely intrigued as to why you think Carrick would be a good appointment.
  • Richmond sausages are mechanically reclaimed meat and saw dust
    You’re telling porkies.
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Scoham said:
    What are sausagedogs 1 through 110 saying? 
    Hey don’t mock the sausage.
  • Reckon I'd be incredulous if I was performing that shit, the govnors son felt the need (or was told) to have a word with my immediate manager.
  • edited May 2022
    Jac_52 said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Swisdom said:
    My brother in law claims Ben Garner is a "pound shop Ten Haag"

All because I compared Garner to the new Ipswich gaffer

God I hope this works out.....if it ever bloody happens
    I mean, I guess a pound shop version of a bloke who took a team with a comparatively small budget to within seconds of a Champions League final probably would be about a League One level manager no?
    Remember we don't want Carrick because he only got a naught naught against Chelsea.........

I'm genuinely intrigued as to why you think Carrick would be a good appointment.
    I don't especially but his CV stands up against Beale, who is a lot of people's favourite, as well as the likes of Bowyer, Curbishley etc when they got the job. 

His win rate as a manager of Manchester United was higher than Jackson's was at Charlton :p

I honestly think he had been here, not Swindon, on loan 25 years ago people would be whipping themselves into a frenzy about him. 

He has done all his badges, has worked for, and under, some of the most successful managers the game has ever seen, and David Moyes. 

Seriously clever football, who played at the highest possible level and won everything there is to win at club level. 

The reasons I have seen not to employ him include he plays negative football, couldn't beat the European Champions and other random nonsense. 

On paper he has a much better CV than anyone else that has been linked. I actually can't think of a reason why he wouldn't be a good choice.  Can you? 
  • This thread is now closing down until Monday.
    Please go to the Martin data coaching etc thread for more gossip and minutiae on Sanderstead Junior.
    Thank you for your input despite most of it having Jack shit to do with our next Manager.
    Cryptic clue from soapboxsam, Jack Shit has just entered the race at 8/1
    Martin Data at in at 8s n all
  • Sanderstead Junior needs more experience imo
  • Sponsored links:

• edited May 2022
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Scoham said:
    What are sausagedogs 1 through 110 saying? 
    Hey don’t mock the sausage.
    Don't mock the sausage?  I created the monster.  It was me, without me he would be unknown to the CL masses.........

• seth plum said:
    Best vegan sausages for barbecue as we test Quorn Linda McCartneys  Richmond Cauldron and Heck - Laura Nightingale - Surrey Live
    Not sure why Richmond have started stipulating "meat-free". They've always been made of sawdust.
    By 'eck lads..
  • I’m not sure I agree now with any it’s done we are just waiting TS to appear sometime next week. Why would Swindon agree to wait?
  • This thread is now closing down until Monday.
    Please go to the Martin data coaching etc thread for more gossip and minutiae on Sanderstead Junior.
    Thank you for your input despite most of it having Jack shit to do with our next Manager.
    Cryptic clue from soapboxsam, Jack Shit has just entered the race at 8/1
    I didn't realize he'd finished doing his badges!
  • Billy_Mix said:
    I thought this topic was done to death a few months ago. TS stated somewhere that MS identified the players, SG negotiated the transfer fee and contracts and TS signed it off
    Manager identifies the players and positions he wants and SG team does the rest … 
    precisely what esm says ts said above
    Not quite Billy, I said MS identifies the players not the manager. 

Take no notice of what RonnieMoore says, he is a know nothing plum.
    Take notice of Alan Curbishley then or you not taking notice what he says because it don’t fit in with what you want to hear 
  • It might be as simple as the owner being strapped for cash and not wanting the contract to start until 1 June! Just a thought.
  • edited May 2022
    seth plum said:
    Bollocks.
    Not if they’re meat free, the bollocks will have been removed, along with stray finger parts and the occasional insect.  
  • Gribbo said:
    Sanderstead Junior needs more experience imo

Cheers Gribbo.
    How did Sandgaard Junior become Sanderstead Junior. Predictive text is to blame and now edited 🤦🏻‍♂️
  • It might be as simple as the owner being strapped for cash and not wanting the contract to start until 1 June! Just a thought.
    If he’s struggling that badly I’d expect him to sell very soon and leave Euell as caretaker.