Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Next manager - Ben Garner confirmed (p256)

Comments

• edited May 2022
    And just like that, Harris becomes a more attractive proposition for the job.....
  • edited May 2022
  • edited May 2022
    Let me explain again why having the owners son involved in the management of the company is a really big problem.

A couple of years back I was working for a very big company.

The CEO thought it would be a really good idea, for reasons that escape me, to bring in his partner to an executive role in the marketing team, she wouldn’t have been reporting to him but would have been reporting to a GM who did.

He was told this would have to be approved by the board and they refused point blank, saying that this would create an extremely unfair situation for the GM and the entire marketing function.

The reality that no proper - certainly not a listed firm - would EVER appoint a senior executive that didn’t have relevant experience or qualifications, not least because the board of directors are ultimately responsible for staffing decisions and wouldn’t take that risk.

At Charlton though we have NO BOARD, it’s just Sandgaard and that’s a real problem because he has nobody to push back against his decisions.
  • edited May 2022
    Its a very weird obsession about what MS does or doesnt do. Honestly, it really is.
    Er…no, it’s not weird at all.

Recruitment is THE most critical aspect of running a football club.

We have given a critical role to the owners son who has zero football experience or contacts.

If people can’t see a problem there it’s because they don’t want to see it.

Giving jobs to you kids is a really, really stupid idea, it does them no good and wreaks havoc across the organisation, not just because of their incompetence but because you are short circuiting the chain of command.

How many people will stand up to Martin Sandgaard knowing he will run straight to Daddy? That results in bad decisions.

Its a huge problem.
    It is weird to constantly talk about it. It's the same conversation over and over again with no change in end result. Did you read the performance analyst role for spurs? You don't even need a coaching licence.
    I said myself this could go wrong but let's face it, he could help identify players with our scouts and bring in some good players and people like you will find things to keep up the witch-hunt.
  • Sponsored links:

• Its a very weird obsession about what MS does or doesnt do. Honestly, it really is.

We have given a critical role to the owners son who has zero football experience or contacts.

Giving jobs to you kids is a really, really stupid idea, it does them no good and wreaks havoc across the organisation, not just because of their incompetence but because you are short circuiting the chain of command.

How many people will stand up to Martin Sandgaard knowing he will run straight to Daddy? That results in bad decisions.

Its a huge problem.
    It is weird to constantly talk about it. It's the same conversation over and over again with no change in end result. Did you read the performance analyst role for spurs? You don't even need a coaching licence.
    I said myself this could go wrong but let's face it, he could help identify players with our scouts and bring in some good players and people like you will find things to keep up the witch-hunt.
    He's been doing the job for 18 months already.....

• supaclive said:
    Its a very weird obsession about what MS does or doesnt do. Honestly, it really is.

Its a huge problem.

Then apart from mentioning a training change...what has he actually done that has pissed people off so much apart from his last name being Sandgaard?
  • supaclive said:

Its a huge problem.

Then apart from mentioning a training change...what has he actually done that has pissed people off so much apart from his last name being Sandgaard?
    The people that seem personally affronted by the criticism are more baffling that the serial moaners 
  • Scoham said:

That doesn’t fill me with confidence 
  • wmcf123 said:
    supaclive said:

Its a huge problem.

The people that seem personally affronted by the criticism are more baffling that the serial moaners 
    Not affronted..looking to be shown why he is so awful? I've already said hiring him is a risk but that's not confirmed yet so I'll ask again...why is it so bad?
  • Scoham said:
    It might be as simple as the owner being strapped for cash and not wanting the contract to start until 1 June! Just a thought.
    If he’s struggling that badly I’d expect him to sell very soon and leave Euell as caretaker.
    Is it RedBull ??
    Certainly a lot of that going on!
  • Scoham said:

It shouldn't. It's a totally verified quote from someone who clearly absolutely knows what they're talking about 
  • Scoham said:

It depends on the source, if it's Richard Murray for example 😂
  • Leuth said:
    Scoham said:

It shouldn't. It's a totally verified quote from someone who clearly absolutely knows what they're talking about 
    Says it's a poor choice. Doesn't say why.
  • Sponsored links:

• One decent season doesn't make him the new Pep, but what went before doesn't make him a useless manager.
  • Any news from Sausagedog?
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Scoham said:

That's interesting 
    I’m at the point where I have the same philosophy as I did the takeover thread - every post gets us closer to it being done, in this case a new manager/head coach being appointed.
  • it’s not going to be announced until TS is over here - won’t miss an opportunity to get some publicity. 
  • Any news from Sausagedog?

Yep. It’s completely irrelevant but like I said it helps get us closer to Jackson’s replacement being announced:
  • So imo, the real reason Sandgaard starting telling people he was still interviewing after Cawley had got the scoop is because he knew there was a good chance that Garner  would go away and think about his shitty terms and tell him to poke it.
  • it’s not going to be announced until TS is over here - won’t miss an opportunity to get some publicity. 
    Won't necessarily be good though will it if that's the reason for the delay. Would annoy all parties I imagine and waste time!
  • Lurker said:
    Leuth said:
    Scoham said:

It’s just an opinion, several qualified people at Chelsea thought it was a good idea to sell Salah and De Bruyne for peanuts. The footballing world hailed Rangnick as a genius before flopping at United. 

It’s a young manager with a small sample of results to look at, no one knows if he’ll end up doing well or badly. 

Mourinho was manager and he is either a terrible judge of young footballers or he didn't want to leave two of the best footballers in Premiership history to the next manager to get credit as he only ever had a 3 season plan before moving on to the next job and being paid mega bucks in compensation. 

Because of the success of  De Buyne and Salah Chelsea now prefers to have players go out on loan for years just in case. 

Obviously It was early in their career, but how can a special one not see the latent talent in Kevin and Mo ?

Can't knock the trophies that Jose has won but I still find it amazing how not one of the coaches at Chelsea could see the potential in the two super stars of tomorrow that obviously reached the top because cream does given a chance.

• Some managers fail at certain clubs. Look at Brendan Rodgers with Reading. Plenty were ready to dismiss him as a coach after that.