Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Next manager - Ben Garner confirmed (p256)

Comments

• Clough isn't young and appears to prefer to work around the Notts/Derbyshire area, presumably for family reasons.

I think he could do a decent job but don't think he's the young, progressive, higher level coaching experienced guy that TS seems to aspire to having.

WIOTOS
  • "MS attempted to make a change to training".
    What exactly did he attempt to do?
    The above could mean very different things, from something quite minor to something very disturbing?
    5 hours and still waiting as expected.

Sandgaard junior’s intervention was to ask the playing management to make the players train for longer each day. Their reaction was based on the view that he is neither qualified nor competent to make that intervention. 

Not sure why you copied this from the right thread onto the wrong one. 
  • Clough isn't young and appears to prefer to work around the Notts/Derbyshire area, presumably for family reasons.

I think he could do a decent job but don't think he's the young, progressive, higher level coaching experienced guy that TS seems to aspire to having.

WIOTOS
    Now young man,  this is a rumour too far, he will stay in the Midlands imo.
  • Is there a new favourite at the moment, surely not Clough.
  • Yeah.
    But is he walking like an Egyptian?

• Someone leaked Nixon's article on twitter. Beale on 600k a year... If true that surely rules us out.
  • Sponsored links:

• ButtleJR said:

Someone leaked Nixon's article on twitter. Beale on 600k a year... If true that surely rules us out.
    Wouldn’t have expected him to be on anything less. Most of their players will be earning north of £1mil p/a so as the assistant manager, in the Premier League, you would anticipate he earns at least £600k p/a, works out to be around £11,500 a week. Less than a lot of average Championship players. 
  • edited May 2022
    600k sounds a lot for an assistant coach in the Premier but 18 year old players from League 1 who get Premier moves and play in the U23 can be put on 500k straight away.

I'm not talking about Mason Burstow or the super teens that sign from abroad who have the top 6 clubs after them. That would probably be what they pay the parents or sibling that relocates to look after the awesome young talent.

WIOTOS
    Henry, I think we should update WIOTOS a bit to WIOSDTF (When it’s on Sausage dogs Twitter Feed).
  • edited May 2022
    chev said:
    Another "exclusive" from Nixon 🙄...
    ..so he is walking here from Swindon, so announcement could be by next weekend, great.. B)

WIOTOS
    Henry, I think we should update WIOTOS a bit to WIOSDTF (When it’s on Sausage dogs Twitter Feed).
    Sausage dog got a great scoop but it's not done until it is done.

WIOTOS 

• RoanRedNY said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    We all know TS is unconventional....what if he's considering something pioneering and never seen in English football before?

Inspired by the Gritt/ Curbishley "duo of managers" which triggered our most successful recent period he is now implementing a "quartet of managers" and is due to announce Garner, Clough, Taylor and Beale as football's fantastic foursome?

4 times the brains = 4 times the success. 

The more I think about this the more I like it.
    Can we just have Clough and Taylor?
    Over their dead bodies

We could always have Nigel Clough and Charlton legend Lyle Taylor.
  • edited May 2022
    Dansk_Red said:
    Why are we not linked to the Port Vale manager, beat both Garner and Clough in the playoffs.
    He's made it his club and got a 5 year contract.
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Dansk_Red said:
    Why are we not linked to the Port Vale manager, beat both Garner and Clough in the playoffs.
    Just signed a 5 year contract and given his family circumstances is highly unlikely to want to move.

Agree:
    Darrell Clarke lost his 18 year old daughter recently and had 6 weeks compassionate leave and Crosby picked the side in Clarke's absent. I didn't see the final but I believe Darrell told Crosby to lead the team out.
    Sometimes in life and death you can't just up sticks and move on.
    Now if Crosby had been in the job he should have been last summer we might not be in this mess........
  • chev said:
    Another "exclusive" from Nixon 🙄...
    ..so he is walking here from Swindon, so announcement could be by next weekend, great.. B)
    Or he is walking away from the deal with Charlton.

Giving a handy response to both possibilities of joining us/not joining us. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Dansk_Red said:
    Just signed a 5 year contract and given his family circumstances is highly unlikely to want to move.

Agree:
    Darrell Clarke lost his 18 year old daughter recently and had 6 weeks compassionate leave and Crosby picked the side in Clarke's absent. I didn't see the final but I believe Darrell told Crosby to lead the team out.
    Now if Crosby had been in the job he should have been last summer we might not be in this mess........
    Excellent point. 

Would Adkins have achieved more had he brought his trusted lieutenant? 

• 👀👀
  • Cafc43v3r said:

👀👀
    Rubbish at Man Utd so no thanks for us.
  • Addick_8 said:
    I’d take Nigel Clough in a heartbeat over Garner.

Really  ???

One has been coaching for years & the other one is still living off his fathers exploits. 
  • Richard J said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Dansk_Red said:

Agree:
    Excellent point. 

Not just on its own no.  IIRC Crosby signed a short term contract at Vale just before Adkins got our job.  The fact he didn't come in the summer was the first, not necessarily red flag, but incling something wasn't as it should have been. 
  • edited May 2022
    Richard J said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Dansk_Red said:

Agree:
    Excellent point. 

Not if the front 3 was Washington on the left wing, Stockley isolated in the middle and DJ struggling to get into the game on the right at the beginning of this season.

If Conor hadn't been injured after two minutes into Nigel Adkins reign then possibly the season before last as Washington was in a purple patch but haven't we established that coaches implement what the manager requires. If a coach is going to dictate the formation then he is being short changed by just being a coach. Crosby only picked the team at Port Vale because of the circumstances of Darrell Clarke for six weeks.

If's and buts.

I still think JJ getting 17 wins out of 35 matches in the two spells is par for the course for the "worse squad in living memory"

The mistake JJ made was saying there is quality in this squad in public so when the bad run came as soon as he was made permanent manager then questions are asked " where is the quality"
  • Addick_8 said:

Really  ???

One has been coaching for years & the other one is still living off his fathers exploits. 
    You do realise Clouch has been in management for 14 years right? Minus a bit of time without a club of course. 
  • Cafc43v3r said:

👀👀
    New Austria manager 
  • Addick_8 said:

Really  ???

Hm, I’m not sure there’s much sentimentality in football.