Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Next manager - Ben Garner confirmed (p256)

Comments

• If it’s Ben Garner and TS is essentially just grandstanding, then I do actually find that quiet disconcerting. 
    It’s disconcerting whatever, even if someone is appointed today, we’re miles behind numerous teams in the league, in terms of building a squad. 
  • If it’s Ben Garner and TS is essentially just grandstanding, then I do actually find that quiet disconcerting. 
    It’s disconcerting whatever, even if someone is appointed today, we’re miles behind numerous teams in the league, in terms of building a squad. 
    Are we??
  • paulfox said:
    If it’s Ben Garner and TS is essentially just grandstanding, then I do actually find that quiet disconcerting. 
    Are we??
    Looking at the rest of the teams going for promotion, they already have most of their squads in place. None of them are going to need to sign around 10 players like we do. Only Derby are in a worse position than us I would guess 
  • edited May 2022
    High quality Egyptian cotton sheets for sale, can do a good deal, inbox if interested. Only serious bedwetters though , no time wasters!!🤣
  • NabySarr said:
    paulfox said:
    If it’s Ben Garner and TS is essentially just grandstanding, then I do actually find that quiet disconcerting. 
    Are we??
    Looking at the rest of the teams going for promotion, they already have most of their squads in place. None of them are going to need to sign around 10 players like we do. Only Derby are in a worse position than us I would guess 
    Like Wigan last season.
  • Sponsored links:

• IAgree said:
    paulfox said:
    High quality Egyptian sheets for sale, can do a good deal, inbox if interested. Only serious bedwetters though , no time wasters!!🤣
    Ha Ha!

Nice one ! People concerned over the 5 weeks taken to replace a manager and palpable lack of squad are bedwetters eh? 
    Yep!!👍
  • We shouldn't be surprised by Thomas S making us wait to announce his new manager tomorrow. He will finally be in the UK and will want to be in the lime-light. After all he is pretty narcissistic but don't blame him for that. If you haven't got a massive ego you are unlikely to desire being an owner of a football club. We may even hear of some new signings (Marquis? Thompson?) Oh! and get ready for a guitar blast!
  • Cawley sticking to his guns that it’s Garner. 
  • We shouldn't be surprised by Thomas S making us wait to announce his new manager tomorrow. He will finally be in the UK and will want to be in the lime-light. After all he is pretty narcissistic but don't blame him for that. If you haven't got a massive ego you are unlikely to desire being an owner of a football club. We may even hear of some new signings (Marquis? Thompson?) Oh! and get ready for a guitar blast!
    Don’t think he due in till Wed/Thurs ?
  • Karl Robinson new fav for QPR 
  • J BLOCK said:
    This decision on a manager should have been made weeks ago, it's almost as if sacking Jackson was done without any succession planning. Jackson for example has been sacked, interviewed, hired and had over 2 weeks at his new club already. 

TS is failing to learn from last Summers mistakes. 
    How could they if the managers they wanted were still involved in their seasons 
  • Interested to see the reaction if Garner is announced on the OS a few days before TS is over. The way TS is being talked about on here and social media is he’s expected to announce the news via a new song on The Valley pitch. There can be no other explanation, after all Adkins was announced in the same way.
  • NabySarr said:
    paulfox said:
    Are we??
    Like Wigan last season.
    Wigan started doing deals in the 1st 2 weeks of June last season and almost the whole squad in place by mid july.  I am not holding my breath.
  • Sponsored links:

Who cares about QPR FFS, what is happening here is what matters, unless you are really a closet QPR fan..Mmmm..
  • edited May 2022
    J BLOCK said:
    This decision on a manager should have been made weeks ago, it's almost as if sacking Jackson was done without any succession planning. Jackson for example has been sacked, interviewed, hired and had over 2 weeks at his new club already. 

TS is failing to learn from last Summers mistakes. 
    How could they if the managers they wanted were still involved in their seasons 
    People speak to agents 
  • Ahead of that, finding the right manager to take our men’s first team forward is our number one priority at this time. We have conducted interviews with a number of candidates and have been really pleased with the quality of interested individuals applying for the role but haven’t made a final decision. It is a thorough process as I want to make sure we find the best person for the football club.” 

Anybody else reading this as 'we have interviewed a lot of people but not yet the right person for the job'

Who cares about QPR FFS, what is happening here is what matters, unless you are really a closet QPR fan..Mmmm..
    Because Oxford are a club we’ll be competing with for a manager and players if this goes on any longer. 
  • What day does TS arrive over this week?
  • Southbank said:
    “Ahead of that, finding the right manager to take our men’s first team forward is our number one priority at this time. We have conducted interviews with a number of candidates and have been really pleased with the quality of interested individuals applying for the role but haven’t made a final decision. It is a thorough process as I want to make sure we find the best person for the football club.” 

Anybody else reading this as 'we have interviewed a lot of people but not yet the right person for the job'
    It’s very strange. Especially as Cawley is adamant it’s Garner. 
  • What day does TS arrive over this week?
    Don't know but the club were very keen to borrow some artefacts from the museum to finish off the new refurb of main reception for Wednesday.
  • Saying you’re pleased with the quality of the candidates is a good thing, if rather inconsequential.
    I have often been interviewing four candidates for only one job, and you can frequently get to a situation where all the candidates would be good…but you only have one job.
    This is where feedback is tricky, what do you say to the disappointed?
    You were great, but there was only one job and we had to choose one person?
    Sometimes subsequent feedback can spin some minute issue into a justification, which can be handy for the person giving the feedback, but actually damaging for the disappointed candidate.