Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Next manager - Ben Garner confirmed (p256)

Comments

• Fumbluff said:
    said this week may be to soon to get a new manager in but we will have a new man in place in next two weeks … again TS on LinkedIn 

also we are not interviewing for a DOF 
    If only someone could post a quick recap every 10/11 posts, oh wait….thanks
    My reading is that Ben Dover is going to be appointed next manager and he will be arriving directly on foot (DOF) from Chorley any day now. Hope that's right...

Oh and he likes a big man up front with 2 at the back.. 
  • Scoham said:
    Knowing our luck it's probably completely unrelated but getting in both the DoF and the manager that put together a decent team at short notice would be a great move. It would also seemingly limit the amount of universe-level control that Martin apparently has, which would be hilarious given the months of wailing on here about it. You'd imagine if Gallen were also staying then we'd be looking at one who idenitifies the correct players and one who handles the negotiations from there, which would be good. It would also explain the delay in making the announcement. Interesting, possibly exciting stuff. (cue: Welcome Steve Evans)
    Though three directors covering negotiations, analytics, recruitment and appointing head coaches feels a bit much?

Here’s what the Swindon OS said when they were appointed last year, seems Chorley ran recruitment and it was up to him appoint the head coach:

https://www.swindontownfc.co.uk/news/2021/july/new-director-of-football-and-head-coach-appointed/
    I can almost hear Thomas saying most of the things said there.

'I want a director of football and head coach model rather than a traditional manager because I want continuity to run through the club. If the head coach moves on, the philosophy of the club carries on and the playing squad does not need to be a complete overhaul' is a pretty useful line. In many ways it just shows that TS needs to get better at communicating in a football way. Him talking about pressing being the best way to get promoted rubbed eveyrone the wrong way. If he'd said what the Swindon owner did then everyone would recognise it as a fairly typical model and think less about meddling and more about good planning
    Not so good if BOTH the head coach and DoF leave at the same time though

It's also interesting that while Garner leaving Swindon has been on the cards for a week, it's Chorley who jumped first. Even if Garner doesn't join us, it's hard to see him staying at Swindon now.

• also we are not interviewing for a DOF 
    Present tense.

Meaning we have already & the job is now filled.

See. Easy to work out when you know how to read what's not being said.
  • said this week may be to soon to get a new manager in but we will have a new man in place in next two weeks … again TS on LinkedIn 

Thanks Colin for rehashing what's already been said by others.

I note your "It's all done, just waiting for TS to fly over to announce" guess has quietly been dropped.
    He is flying over to announce it .. might just not be this week 
    Priceless 
  • said this week may be to soon to get a new manager in but we will have a new man in place in next two weeks … again TS on LinkedIn 

Thanks Colin for rehashing what's already been said by others.

I note your "It's all done, just waiting for TS to fly over to announce" guess has quietly been dropped.
    He is flying over to announce it .. might just not be this week 
    Has to be all about Sandgaard of course 
  • If Garner and Chorley come as bookends and Charlton are definitely not getting a DoF it could mean he’s (Chorley) coming in as something else, not coming at all, both he and Garner are going elsewhere either separately or together or Garner is coming in and Chorley is going somewhere else or Chorley is coming in and Garner is going somewhere else. 

Have I missed anything?

I think Colin has covered all those eventualities already - so I think that's a pretty good summary.
  • Getting to the point where I'd prefer it if Bazini and/or Craig "The Dentist" Freeman got us wound up 
  • Sponsored links:

• If Garner and Chorley come as bookends and Charlton are definitely not getting a DoF it could mean he’s (Chorley) coming in as something else, not coming at all, both he and Garner are going elsewhere either separately or together or Garner is coming in and Chorley is going somewhere else or Chorley is coming in and Garner is going somewhere else. 

Have I missed anything? With grateful thanks to Sir Humphrey Appleby.
    Chorley is coming in as manager and Garner is coming in as something else?
  • I don't believe we've started looking at other coaching/managing positions yet.
  • DDOUBLEE said:
    Getting to the point where I'd prefer it if Bazini and/or Craig "The Dentist" Freeman got us wound up 

In the Godfather why does the scene wherein Barzini is assassinated look  so surreal - Quora
  • Just had another reply to a couple of questions 

Unfortunately we can’t move it any faster. There has been so many top quality applicants this time compared to last time. We are getting close through and I agree the sooner the better for everyone so we can have a strong pre season.

Recruitment continues at full speed but agents are proving difficult as normal . A few positions look promising through 

Thanks Thomas 
    I really can’t wait to see who Thomas deems to be the best one of those……
    Thanked him and said fingers crossed it moves quickly….. he said I think it will 

There you go guys …. is it him or not ?? 

• Dazzler21 said:
    DDOUBLEE said:
    Getting to the point where I'd prefer it if Bazini and/or Craig "The Dentist" Freeman got us wound up 
    Pathetic.
    Quite clearly a joke 
  • Gribbo said:
    WIOTOS

Chorley may have decided to leave for many reasons not connected to Charlton or he and Garner could be off to QPR or Blackburn.

Just googled this and it says that Chorley is less than 30 mins drive from Blackburn so looks like he's on his way there.
    Stayed in Eagle & Child in Chorley. Elaine behind the jump, still hold a bit if a flame for her.......
    Is that the pub that's now called the Eagle and Bastard Children?
  • Sponsored links:

Unfortunately we can’t move it any faster. There has been so many top quality applicants this time compared to last time. We are getting close through and I agree the sooner the better for everyone so we can have a strong pre season.

Recruitment continues at full speed but agents are proving difficult as normal . A few positions look promising through 

Thanks Thomas 
    I just wonder if suddenly we got the ok from someone like Beale or Ainsworth who has made us change direction ?? ( If Beale wages are correct he will have to take a cut ) 

or is it we are trying to bring Garner and his staff and a couple of players from Swindon and it’s just taking time to tie it all together ?? 

Thanks Thomas 
    I just wonder if suddenly we got the ok from someone like Beale or Ainsworth who has made us change direction ?? ( If Beale wages are correct he will have to take a cut ) 

or is it we are trying to bring Garner and his staff and a couple of players from Swindon and it’s just taking time to tie it all together ?? 
    Have a break. You're making me dizzy, my head is spinning.

Thanks Thomas 

Can’t see the manager/head coach being delayed just so we can announce multiple incomings at once.

Thanks Thomas 

You tell us Colin, from the Plymouth Harold to Thomas's DMs, it's been quite a year for you hasn't it.

I have just spoken to Thomas on the dog as well.  Confirms what everyone else has posted on here.  Look at me.
  • Uboat said:
    For God’s sake, someone tell me what to think. 
    Cogitate on this. 
    Less than 4 weeks till the fixtures come out and we have no manager or players. 
    We have no players?  Where did they go?  When did that happen?
    Progressively over the last 18 months….have you seen em?
  • If there wasn't someone else in the frame Garner would be done by now, no way would Swindon be waiting for Sandgaard to be in the country to announce it. My money is on us getting Beale if he doesn't get the Blackburn or QPR job

Thanks Thomas 

Time will tell I guess.

Thanks Thomas 

You're starting to engage in decent conversation.