Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Next manager - Ben Garner confirmed (p256)

Comments

• Options
    What AFKA said earlier, and my gawd do non tournament summers drag on here 
  • Options
    I think we will make an appointment on Thursday. 
    That gives the new coaching team around 20 days to prepare for the training camp (the week after the 16th of June)
    5/6 weeks before the season starts (from training camp) 
    7/8 weeks total prep(since manager potentially appointed) 

I wouldn't say that's to short and probably average. 
    If we haven't got a manager by next Monday I'll be more worried 
    What time on Thursday? To the nearest quarter of an hour please 
    16:30
  • Options
    Looks like Garner on holiday that’s what the delay is …. 
    No access to emails? No internet for a zoom.

A holiday shouldn't hold up accepting a job. 
    Would say it’s all been agreed before he went away 
  • Options
    Rob7Lee said:
    As I've been saying for a while, TS the cuddlier/friendlier version of RD whose finding it very difficult to find a manager, that he wants, to work under his set up.

I'm not convinced at this rate it won't be Euell or MS taking the teams to Spain!
    I know we'll take a few kids over there, but how many senior players do we currently have contracted?
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    1968CAFC said:
    Well lady’s & Gentlemen I hope I am proved wrong, but I am getting the feeling we will end up with someone far worse the JJ was and more has been crap players on free transfers or loans.
    so far what has TS actually achieved apart from buy the Club? And he wants premier League football 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣👎👎👎👎
    Let me guess you are a glass half empty sort of person. Just wait a little longer, then we can all go top ourselves on the centre circle.
  • Options
    Hal1x said:
    1968CAFC said:
    Well lady’s & Gentlemen I hope I am proved wrong, but I am getting the feeling we will end up with someone far worse the JJ was and more has been crap players on free transfers or loans.
    so far what has TS actually achieved apart from buy the Club? And he wants premier League football 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣👎👎👎👎
    Let me guess you are a glass half empty sort of person.
        No actually I own 5 companies and have supported CAFC since 1968.
    🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
  • Options

I think we'd basically ruled Beale out anyway but looks like he's going to be confirmed at QPR. One I'll probably keep an eye on and see how it goes. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    When he was 11 Ben Chorley told me he was going to be a professional footballer.
    His focus was locked on, and he was right.
  • Options
    1968CAFC said:
    Hal1x said:
    1968CAFC said:
    🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
    Glass half empty then. I have supported since 1956 and glass down to about 125 millilitres
        🤣🤣🤣🤣👍👍👍👍👍👍😎😎
  • Options
    Redhenry said:
    1968CAFC said:
    Are u the guy that used to sit behind me? I had to move....
         NO ! 🤣🤣🤣
  • Options
    MarcusH26 said:

I think we'd basically ruled Beale out anyway but looks like he's going to be confirmed at QPR. One I'll probably keep an eye on and see how it goes. 
    Nailed on QPR get a couple of Villa kids on loan next season then.
  • Options
    1968CAFC said:
    Hal1x said:
    1968CAFC said:
    🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
    Welp, that's my non-sequitur of the week.
      None-Sequitur a noun is not the correct word
      but a sense of humour might help 🤣🤣🤣
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:
    So weird we have a owner answering fans questions on LinkedIn (weird fans asking in first place too) 
    How he has the time as a big time business owner is beyond me. 
    It's not him replying. He's got Sandra from Accounts doing his SM posting. 
    Mmmmm that's interesting. What site is she posting on? Asking for a mate.
  • Options
    MarcusH26 said:

Nailed on QPR get a couple of Villa kids on loan next season then.

Wouldn't be shocked to see Cameron Archer the young striker that looked good for Preston second half of last season go there.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    J BLOCK said:
    So weird we have a owner answering fans questions on LinkedIn (weird fans asking in first place too) 
    How he has the time as a big time business owner is beyond me. 
    It's not him replying. He's got Sandra from Accounts doing his SM posting. 
    Mmmmm that's interesting. What site is she posting on? Asking for a mate.
    Plenty of Fish. She’s proper Charlton. 
  • Options
    But you said it would happen this week?
  • Options
    JohnnyH2 said:

Swindon are therefore being very accommodating in these circumstances then as there Manager is clearing off and they have not announced that to their ownnsupporters yet so as not to ruin our own announcement!

Or are you just making it up as you go along?
    ***Shock Horror** B)
  • Options
    DubaiCAFC said:
    Sounds like TS is trying to be over smart with contracts, which is making it tough to close the managers.. performance related, and release clause that wouldn’t cost him much! Managers want to come, but they also need to look after themselves!

Garner compo package was agreed, and were still trying to arrange personal terms, but as they were a long way apart TS started shopping again!

Wouldn’t be surprised if another name enters the race, someone coaching in the premier league! I think by the end of this week we will have our manager!
    That’s an interesting post from a known itk poster. Coaching in the PL is likely, I think to be number two somewhere ? Anything less than number two seems unlikely to me. Any names jump out ? SCP is one I suppose but is he number two at The Spuds or Academy?
  • Options
    Don't think it's been suggested (can't be bothered to trawl through all the post's) but the delay could be because Garner has been offered the job but is considering other offers. 
  • Options
    JohnnyH2 said:

Swindon are therefore being very accommodating in these circumstances then as there Manager is clearing off and they have not announced that to their ownnsupporters yet so as not to ruin our own announcement!

Or are you just making it up as you go along?
    He makes everything up as he goes along. 
  • Options
    Sounds like TS is trying to include the same clauses that Jacko agreed to. The issue is, Jacko had nothing to lose and everything to gain, someone in a contract already isn’t going to agree to any of that! We are going nowhere next season if this continues to linger on.