Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Next manager - Ben Garner confirmed (p256)

Comments

• edited May 2022
    Ok let's take a minute to chill and get things into perspective, when things aren't looking great.
    Swindon have lost Garner & Chorley and have lined up Sol Campbell as a replacement.
  • Looks like Blackburn are going for Duncan Disorderly (one of the best football nicknames alongside One Size and Loch Ness Drogba).
  • Scoham said:
    Looks like Blackburn are going for Duncan Disorderly (one of the best football nicknames alongside One Size and Loch Ness Drogba).
    I've always thought Big Dunc could be a decent manager
  • Scoham said:
    Looks like Blackburn are going for Duncan Disorderly (one of the best football nicknames alongside One Size and Loch Ness Drogba).
    I've always thought Big Dunc could be a decent manager
    Did well in a couple of spells with Everton as caretaker and can’t imagine him getting on well with Lampard.
  • 1) It’s about his ego.

2) It’s a negotiating ploy to get someone to sign a contract no sane person would sign.

3) As 2 re wages.

4) It’s about control over football

5) Managers are queuing up 

1- 4 all sound plausible & in varying combinations 

6) Oh dear………
  • Gribbo said:
    WIOTOS

Chorley may have decided to leave for many reasons not connected to Charlton or he and Garner could be off to QPR or Blackburn.

Just googled this and it says that Chorley is less than 30 mins drive from Blackburn so looks like he's on his way there.
    Stayed in Eagle & Child in Chorley. Elaine behind the jump, still hold a bit if a flame for her.......
    She's still waiting for you to return...

Oh lovely She just sat up broke wind and died  Coronation street  Coronation Old tv
    Well would ya ?

It's a yes from Wayne.
  • So weird we have a owner answering fans questions on LinkedIn (weird fans asking in first place too) 
    How he has the time as a big time business owner is beyond me. 
  • Sponsored links:

• said this week may be to soon to get a new manager in but we will have a new man in place in next two weeks … again TS on LinkedIn 

also we are not interviewing for a DOF 
    Thanks Colin for rehashing what's already been said by others.

I note your "It's all done, just waiting for TS to fly over to announce" guess has quietly been dropped.
    He is flying over to announce it .. might just not be this week 
    Has to be all about Sandgaard of course 
    Not necessarily. If I was employing someone attracting a significant salary for a significant position I would want to meet that person face to face and announce it myself. Wouldn’t you? 
    Yeah but he’s going to announce it while wearing sunglasses and playing his guitar isn’t he?
  • J BLOCK said:
    So weird we have a owner answering fans questions on LinkedIn (weird fans asking in first place too) 
    How he has the time as a big time business owner is beyond me. 
    It's not him replying. He's got Sandra from Accounts doing his SM posting. 
  • Hopefully someone will be in place soon.  The only worry I have is that the longer it goes on, the bigger the potential knock on with transfers etc.  Not that I am expecting players in now, moreover who will be available by the time whoever gets the job and has had their chance to work out what they want.  We’re still okay timing wise I would imagine, with the play offs just finishing in, but, we get into the early weeks of June and the season is not far away

We don’t want to be fishing in the Harry Arter pond again 
  • Haven’t been on social media all day and just gone on to my instagram and a Charlton post came up…. Myself thinking Yes, finally Garner has been confirmed but No, it was our new sponsor for next season 🫤
    I’m going to just hibernate now until Garner is confirmed… See you all Christmas time lifers.! 😉🔴⚪️
  • CAFCsayer said:
    If there wasn't someone else in the frame Garner would be done by now, no way would Swindon be waiting for Sandgaard to be in the country to announce it. My money is on us getting Beale if he doesn't get the Blackburn or QPR job
    To be honest I’d rather Garner now, I’ve taken a shine to him plus the fact he has actually managed a team in the league gives him the edge for me.
  • Vincenzo said:
    You do know it’s not even June yet, yeah?
    Too late, all the glasses have been smashed to smithereens.
  • Uboat said:
    For God’s sake, someone tell me what to think. 
    Cogitate on this. 
    Less than 4 weeks till the fixtures come out and we have no manager or players. 
    We have no players?  Where did they go?  When did that happen?
    You’re right, we have just the squad we want already to challenge for promotion/not get relegated. 
  • Sponsored links:

• This is becoming a farce
    This thread?
  • arny23394 said:
    Why are people labelled bedwetters for being concerned that we have no manager, and about 3 players good enough for a promotion chasing team? It’s exactly 2 months until our first game and we have so much to do. Bizarre.
    Thank you for sticking to agenda items 1,2 and 3
  • Major said:
    This is becoming a farce
    This thread?
    No, this forum
  • This is becoming a farce

• Scoham said:
    Does James know what contract is being offered? My guess is that he doesn't and just wants some social
    media attention
    What have I done now?!
  • Just had another reply to a couple of questions 

Unfortunately we can’t move it any faster. There has been so many top quality applicants this time compared to last time. We are getting close through and I agree the sooner the better for everyone so we can have a strong pre season.

Recruitment continues at full speed but agents are proving difficult as normal . A few positions look promising through 

Thanks Thomas 
     Let me guess. Sandgaard 'blown away' by the candidates.

Yada yada yada.
  • DA9 said:
    Apparently we are way behind!!!

Over reaction

Only 9 clubs of the 23 have made signings thus far

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/league-one/transfers/wettbewerb/GB3/plus/?saison_id=2022&s_w=&leihe=1&intern=0&intern=1
    I make it 5 actually. Transfermarkt includes things like players returning from a loan or players being promoted from the youth team as transfers. For instance Lincoln are listed as making three signings but two are players coming back from loan and one is just a youth team player, so they haven't actually signed anyone

Bolton - Iredale from Cambridge, good signing.
    Cambridge - James Holden. A 20 year old goalkeeper from Reading's reserves. Definitely a future prospect not a first teamer.
    Fleetwood - Shaun Rooney, free transfer from St. Johnstone
    Shrewsbury - Jordan Shipley from Coventry
    Wycombe - Jack Young, a 21 year old Newcastle reserve midfielder they had on loan the previous season, where he played a grand total of 20 minutes across 2 appearances.

The Iredale signing is good business but other than that there haven't really been any big moves at all yet. By all accounts the work towards signing players is going on in the background, we might not be as behind as people think, especially if we're hiring based on a style of play
    Thanks for going through that. I think this is going to be a weird transfer window and start to the season because of how early the season starts. I'm not as worried about us being behind in transfers. I'm more worried about the prep work that goes into a season for a coaching staff, and how two weeks might not be enough time for that. And that's if we got someone in in the next couple of days.