Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Next manager - Ben Garner confirmed (p256)

Comments

• Options
    edited May 2022
    Dazzler21 said:
    CH4RLTON said:
    Has Thomas actually landed in the UK yet, if not can we can get a sky scanner on his probable flight? :)
    Could be on his way tonight... 

(these flights run daily)

I'm sure Ronnie will let us all know the moment he lands, no need to panic yet.. B)
  • Options
    edited May 2022
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    arny23394 said:
    DDOUBLEE said:
    CafcSCP said:
    Emma Hayes anyone?
    Great for publicity / Sponsorship.
    Reckon she be great as a manager too.

She doesn't want to come here, she views Chelsea women's side and the super League as a whole as the same level as the men's, so she wouldn't even go to a men's championship side if you ask me 
    If she genuinely believes that, she’s out of her mind. 
    If true equality and parity is ever to be achieved in women’s sport then the elite coaches and influencers in the women’s arm of all sports need at some point to cross the barrier into men’s. If Emma Hayes was ever given the opportunity to manage championship or even league one football she should seriously consider doing so. Not only would it help break down barriers and prejudices but show that women can just as easily or not do the job. Being a pathfinder is always hard but she’s one of the few in women’s football that might be given that chance.
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:
    So weird we have a owner answering fans questions on LinkedIn (weird fans asking in first place too) 
    How he has the time as a big time business owner is beyond me. 
    It's not him replying. He's got Sandra from Accounts doing his SM posting. 
    Mmmmm that's interesting. What site is she posting on? Asking for a mate.
    Plenty of Fish. She’s proper Charlton. 
    Did you mean "not many chips"?
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    CH4RLTON said:
    Has Thomas actually landed in the UK yet, if not can we can get a sky scanner on his probable flight? :)

He’s on his way. 
    Woah, we're half way there
    Woah, flyin with Finnair
    Take my hand, we'll make it I swear
    Woah, flyin with Finnair

Tommy's got his six-string in hock
    Now he's holding in what he used to make it talk
    So tough, it's tough
    Gallen dreams of running away
    When he cries in the night, Tommy whispers
    Gallen, it's okay, someday...

etc...

• Options
    edited May 2022
    Dazzler21 said:
    Why are we assuming that the manager has no say in the transfers?
    Thomas has said it's Sandgaard junior that identifies new players and Gallen does the negotiations with their clubs and agents. 
    Not sure where that leaves the manager but it could be a reason why we haven't appointed one yet.
    I believe what actually occurs is more like:
    •  Manager specifies what they need to Martin, Thomas & Steve.

•  Martin & his data team plug the info and requirements into the 'black box' 

•  Martin presents findings to Thomas, Steve & Manager

•  Everyone provides their input into whether the player is suitable

•  Thomas takes all input into consideration and gives go ahead to Steve to start process to try to obtain player or rejects the suggestion

•  Steve goes and approaches clubs, players and agents, negotiates deals. 

•  Back and forth between recruitment team over value of player possibly occurs

•  Thomas pays the money forward for the player or if not financially viable requests next best option from Martin's team. (Cycle back to Martin presenting findings)
    I think this maybe ( I don't know) be close to what happens.

And that all seems fine but what we don't know is where the power and final veto is?

And there's the rub, because the ability to say "Stop" is vital in these situations.

Can anyone of the team say "no"?

Can a manager say "no"

Can a manager or Gallen "by-pass" the black box by saying my mate at Spurs has these kid who is very highly rated called Nile John or I think that Gallagher kid at Chelsea is worth a gamble if the black box says "no"

Can Thomas say "No, I don't think Washington scores enough 1 on 1s so let him go"?  And what if Emma Hayes disagrees?

I don't know the answers to those questions and it's not clear from the conflicting statements made by TS how it works or where the veto/s are.

But they are the sort of questions a potential manager would be asking.

• Options
    1968CAFC said:
    Hal1x said:
    1968CAFC said:
    Well lady’s & Gentlemen I hope I am proved wrong, but I am getting the feeling we will end up with someone far worse the JJ was and more has been crap players on free transfers or loans.
    so far what has TS actually achieved apart from buy the Club? And he wants premier League football 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣👎👎👎👎
    Let me guess you are a glass half empty sort of person.
        No actually I own 5 companies and have supported CAFC since 1968.
    🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
    what does owning companies have to do with your pessimism?
  • Options
    Mr Halley's Comet now favourite for the managers job last worked in 1986.
  • Options
    sholland said:
    Mr Halley's Comet now favourite for the managers job last worked in 1986.

Please don't be so formal, call me Bill.. B)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited May 2022
    Chunes said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Why are we assuming that the manager has no say in the transfers?
    Thomas has said it's Sandgaard junior that identifies new players and Gallen does the negotiations with their clubs and agents. 
    Not sure where that leaves the manager but it could be a reason why we haven't appointed one yet.
    I believe what actually occurs is more like:
    •  Manager specifies what they need to Martin, Thomas & Steve.

•  Martin & his data team plug the info and requirements into the 'black box' 

•  Martin presents findings to Thomas, Steve & Manager

•  Everyone provides their input into whether the player is suitable

•  Thomas takes all input into consideration and gives go ahead to Steve to start process to try to obtain player or rejects the suggestion

•  Steve goes and approaches clubs, players and agents, negotiates deals. 

•  Back and forth between recruitment team over value of player possibly occurs

•  Thomas pays the money forward for the player or if not financially viable requests next best option from Martin's team. (Cycle back to Martin presenting findings)
    I think it's something like that but haven't heard anything out of the club about the first one - That the process starts with the manager saying what they need. In fact, from what I've heard in interviews, the black box identifies players first and they are then put to the committee. 

Johnnie's mate (forget her name) on Twitter was adamant he had zero say in transfers whatsoever. 

Should also remember that SG has said TS gives his opinion on players in terms of their ability and has vetoed them before. So he's not restricting himself to the role of facilitator. 
    If it somehow comes out that the starting point isn't the manager specifying their needs, then I will join those that no longer support Sandgaard as it would be ludicrous. We don't know that as yet though suspicions are increasing.  

With regard to TS facilitating, my thoughts were all of the recruitment team have input to the player.

I would expect the only two who shouldn't be able to veto a transfer completely should be MS and SG. If a manager does not want a player they should not be forced on them. Kirk to Adkins, or Schwartz to Bowyer for example, John to Jackson.
    (As I understand it Jackson accepted Castillo coming with Aneke.) 

• Options
    I remember being shocked when Sandgaard announced that it wouldn't cost much to get rid of Jackson.  I mean, Jackson was still in the job, hardly motivational to hear that and actually quite destabilising toboot.  Now we hear that Garner is almost in the job, it's just that Sandaard is looking for someone better.

If I was Garner, and if I was told the job's probably mine, and if I'd been left dangling on a piece of string, and if Sandgaard's still looking for someone 'better,' and if after weeks of turmoil and disruption finally told the job is mine  ... I'd tell him to 'go eff himself'. 

I don't think Sandgaard need apply for a job in the diplomatic service,

A lot of unfounded speculation there Raith…..if you don’t mind me saying so. 🤔
    True, but don't take that away from me Soundas ... it's all I've got - and I just wanted to join in.
  • Options
    Swisdom said:
    Hal1x said:
    1968CAFC said:
    Hal1x said:
    1968CAFC said:
    Well lady’s & Gentlemen I hope I am proved wrong, but I am getting the feeling we will end up with someone far worse the JJ was and more has been crap players on free transfers or loans.
    so far what has TS actually achieved apart from buy the Club? And he wants premier League football 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣👎👎👎👎
    🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
    what does owning companies have to do with your pessimism?
    me too, I didn’t realise pessimism and Willy waving were one and the same
    Does he look pessimistic to you?

Sir David Jason says Del Boy would have backed Brexit and would see it as a  nice little earner
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    CH4RLTON said:

I'm sure Ronnie will let us all know the moment he lands, no need to panic yet.. B)
    He is in charge of air traffic control for that flight, the club have already booked a cab to pick up from Aberdeen
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    CH4RLTON said:

Allegedly....look at Easy Jet and TUI.
    Can't be allegedly seeing as neither fly the route he is taking
  • Options
    So according to Ben Ransom we had conducted 2nd interviews a couple of weeks ago…hmmm definitely a process happening ____🐌
  • Options
    1968CAFC said:
    Hal1x said:
    1968CAFC said:
    🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
    Glass half empty then. I have supported since 1956 and glass down to about 125 millilitres
    It was all going so well until 1956 came along and ruined it. 
  • Options
    If TS has genuinely stopped transfers as he doesn't rate them and the manager doesn't get to say who/what we need, we are doubly fucked.

Nevermind.

Always next season.....
  • Options
    The next 2 weeks are crucial!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    CH4RLTON said:

Flights from Denmark have gotten really expensive since covid
  • Options
    arny23394 said:
    DDOUBLEE said:
    CafcSCP said:
    Emma Hayes anyone?
    Great for publicity / Sponsorship.
    Reckon she be great as a manager too.

She doesn't want to come here, she views Chelsea women's side and the super League as a whole as the same level as the men's, so she wouldn't even go to a men's championship side if you ask me 
    If she genuinely believes that, she’s out of her mind. 
    She has never said that 
  • Options
    supaclive said:
    If TS has genuinely stopped transfers as he doesn't rate them and the manager doesn't get to say who/what we need, we are doubly fucked.

Nevermind.

Always next season.....
    TS has stopped transfers?
    Where have you got that from?
    P199
  • Options
    The facts:
    - We are looking for a new manager 
    - 2nd interviews have taken place 
    - According to TS the process may take upto the start of pre season.
    - According to Cawley who is usually on the money says we are close to Garner, and is currently sticking to that statement
    - TS will be over this week

I appreciate after last season we want things to happen ASAP but the only person who can make that happen has said it might not be a quick process and could go upto the start of pre season so in his mind, the only one that counts, we are not behind schedule.

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    CH4RLTON said:

Allegedly....look at Easy Jet and TUI.
    I think he may be posting himself by UPS or DHL to save a few $!
  • Options
    supaclive said:

Nevermind.

Always next season.....
    I should imagine most owners will stop transfers if they choose.
    I know I would.
    However if my manager said he wanted to sell Josh Davison for £1M I wouldn't block it, absolutely not. 
    Fixed