Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Next manager - Ben Garner confirmed (p256)

Comments

• Options
    Hal1x said:
    1968CAFC said:
    Hal1x said:
    1968CAFC said:
    Well lady’s & Gentlemen I hope I am proved wrong, but I am getting the feeling we will end up with someone far worse the JJ was and more has been crap players on free transfers or loans.
    so far what has TS actually achieved apart from buy the Club? And he wants premier League football 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣👎👎👎👎
    Let me guess you are a glass half empty sort of person.
        No actually I own 5 companies and have supported CAFC since 1968.
    🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
    what does owning companies have to do with your pessimism?
        I am not pessimistic I am waiting for something positive to happen and my Glass is half full and I am full of optimism and that is why I own and still run 5 companies.
    now if you cannot understand that then god help you.🤣🤣
  • Options
    Rothko said:
    So the highlight of this thread today is someone prattling on about Job Descriptions as the reason it’s all going wrong?
    I thought Bob nailed it.

Barnsley still looking for a manager ahead of their own probable squad rebuild. Trying to get onto BarnsleyLife to see what they're saying.

Charlton managerless since 3rd May. Barnsley managerless since 8th May (season ended a week later than ours).
    Get money on a Charlton - Barnsley 1st & 2nd for promotion. Its a sign. 
    Repeat of 18/19...

Charlton, Barnsley and the team who finished 2nd in League Two the year before... Exeter.
    If that happens I'll have the lyrics of Addicks to victory tattooed on my arse 

• Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    supaclive said:
    If TS has genuinely stopped transfers as he doesn't rate them and the manager doesn't get to say who/what we need, we are doubly fucked.

Nevermind.

Always next season.....
    He has not … just more rubbish 
    Despite Thomas himself saying he has?  Did you miss that on 

Asked if there was a danger he was interfering too much in first-team affairs, Sandgaard said: ““I obviously did not interfere with team selections for the games We need someone with a different type of experience. I’m not suggesting I will take the manager’s role and be down on pitch-side every day with the lads. That’s not my place. There are people much better at that and more qualified. No, I’m not going to be the manager or head coach.”

Think that’s pretty clear … move on 
  • Options
    Been at a funeral today, what have I missed?
    Did someone say Martin was actually Ro-lands son?
  • Options
    1968CAFC said:
    1968CAFC said:
    1968CAFC said:
    Hal1x said:
    1968CAFC said:
    Well lady’s & Gentlemen I hope I am proved wrong, but I am getting the feeling we will end up with someone far worse the JJ was and more has been crap players on free transfers or loans.
    so far what has TS actually achieved apart from buy the Club? And he wants premier League football 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣👎👎👎👎
    🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
    Welp, that's my non-sequitur of the week.
      None-Sequitur a noun is not the correct word
      but a sense of humour might help 🤣🤣🤣
    I mean, it absolutely is. Are you ok?
    1968CAFC said:
    1968CAFC said:
    Hal1x said:
    1968CAFC said:
    🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
    1968CAFC said:
    1968CAFC said:
    Hal1x said:
    1968CAFC said:
    🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
           I am fine a very well thank you.
           But a sense of humour injection might
           Help you 🤣🤣🤣👍👍👍
    🤦🏻
  • Options
    I asked TS if he interferes too much, he was properly taken aback by the question. He said of course he doesn't, he let's the manager chose his own clothes at least, when he van be bothered to pick one.
  • Options
    So according to Ben Ransom we had conducted 2nd interviews a couple of weeks ago…hmmm definitely a process happening ____🐌
    Is it normal to do more than 1 interview when hiring a football coach?

It's not like an office job where HR and junior managers do the first round of interviews to whittle the numbers down, before the senior managers do the 2nd or 3rd interview?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    What we actually do know:
    10 June: English transfer window opens
    16 June: Players return for pre season testing - OS
    18-19 or 25-26 June: New manager, new players, current players and some young players go to training camp in Spain TS
    (Date depends on what TS means by "following weekend")
    TBC: Pre season games
    30 July: League One season starts

What we can extrapolate from the above:
    New players and youth players need to be selected for training camp at the earliest by 17 June and latest by 25 June
    After the training camp we will have 4 or 5 weeks before our first L1 game.

What we can guess from the above:
    To recruit new players the recruiters need to know what the new manager wants and style of play
    To have effective recruitment the new manager needs to be in place 2 weeks before departing for Spain to access the squad 
    Dependent on the departure date for Spain we need a new manager in place by 4th or 11th June
    TS arrives 1st June - maybe?

Conclusion:
    No need for panic or bedwetting before 4th June

When does the transfer window shut? How many L1 games will we have played by then? My money is on a lot of last minute recruitment- however undesirable.
    Closes 1st September
  • Options
    So according to Ben Ransom we had conducted 2nd interviews a couple of weeks ago…hmmm definitely a process happening ____🐌
    Is it normal to do more than 1 interview when hiring a football coach?

It's not like an office job where HR and junior managers do the first round of interviews to whittle the numbers down, before the senior managers do the 2nd or 3rd interview?
    Sandgaard is great - I love his decision making.  
  • Options
    Fumbluff said:
    Been at a funeral today, what have I missed?
    Did someone say Martin was actually Ro-lands son?
    You have missed a belter of a day.

@RonnieMoore is a pilot, we are playing Swanley in a friendly,
    Mr largo has been advised to move his toilet seat closer to his front door, somebody is annoyed that Andy Carroll ended up in bed with 2 woman and AFKA has been roaming the streets of London singing God save the Queen.

I almost forgot amongst all the excitement , it seems the news of Ben Chorley leaving Swindon only filtered through to Finland 2 days after the event. 
    Alma Swanley? Or do you really mean Crockenhill?
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    supaclive said:
    If TS has genuinely stopped transfers as he doesn't rate them and the manager doesn't get to say who/what we need, we are doubly fucked.

Nevermind.

Always next season.....

Asked if there was a danger he was interfering too much in first-team affairs, Sandgaard said: ““I obviously did not interfere with team selections for the games We need someone with a different type of experience. I’m not suggesting I will take the manager’s role and be down on pitch-side every day with the lads. That’s not my place. There are people much better at that and more qualified. No, I’m not going to be the manager or head coach.”

Why do you post all this stuff? What satisfaction do you get?
    Very sad.

• Options
    The next 2 weeks are crucial!!
    Glad to see that dying a death  :-)
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    1968CAFC said:
    Hal1x said:
    1968CAFC said:
    🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
    Glass half empty then. I have supported since 1956 and glass down to about 125 millilitres
    It was all going so well until 1956 came along and ruined it. 
    Yes, my first game was the 4-4 draw after Jimmy left.  That decision really annoyed my dad. It was the bad run Jimmy  had like that at Charlton. 
    First?
    I think there were key injuries in defence, and not a strong enough squad I guess. 
  • Options
    Rothko said:
    So the highlight of this thread today is someone prattling on about Job Descriptions as the reason it’s all going wrong?
    I hadn't really seen it as a highlight ... but, well ... thank you for the kind words.

Actually, you do yourself a disservice.

I think your stunning contribution tops it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    CafcSteve said:
    Looks like Garner on holiday that’s what the delay is …. 
    Thanks Ronnie.

Might be half tempted to believe you if it wasn’t for the fact that every other thing you’ve claimed has turned out to be incorrect.

Any news on those incoming players from Plymouth that your relative who owned the local paper told you about a year ago?
    Hope he hasn’t been held up at Gatwick 
  • Options
    Do you mean Swansea  ??  Swanley dont have a football team afaik.....
    Swanley Rangers…. But that maybe a bit of
    a mismatch…. or maybe not!
  • Options
    Just seen the video of Jonathan Ackworth up in Preston giving Rick Parry a letter regarding Sandgaard.

We do have some weird fans. 

Embarrassing. 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    supaclive said:

Nevermind.

Always next season.....

That was talking about a completely different subject.  Or was that in a special Colin Instagram post?

You really are a cockwomble.  Take your own advice and move on.
    Evening Standard actually.. 
  • Options
    Just seen the video of Jonathan Ackworth up in Preston giving Rick Parry a letter regarding Sandgaard.

We do have some weird fans. 

https://twitter.com/jonathanacwort7/status/1531731915090305026?s=21&t=w7APQxZFm49kNbV0-s7zhg
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    supaclive said:

Nevermind.

Always next season.....

That was talking about a completely different subject.  Or was that in a special Colin Instagram post?

You really are a cockwomble.  Take your own advice and move on.
    Evening Standard actually.. 
    It was also in the SLP but it was not talking about what you claim it was...................

"There was a man on talksport earlier this afternoon, I thought he was good, I think his name was Colin. The moron on after was well out of order".

"Colin the moron"

See its an easy mistake to make isn't it.