Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Next manager - Ben Garner confirmed (p256)

Comments

• Options
    Scoham said:
    Gribbo said:
    Pretty sure perspective managers won't always opt for the jobs in the higher league when there's offers on the table. Reckon they'd look at other things like backing, and what effect just trudging along in the Championship (for example) would have on their career, as opposed to making improvements to a lower league outfit and possibly taking them somewhere.

Unlucky for us it seems we're the less attracting proposition at the moment AND we're in the lower league 🤷‍♂️
    QPR finished 9 points off the playoffs, any manager is going there will believe they can get them promoted.
    I was speaking more generally. Not specifically about Beale
  • Options
    Can't really believe that Thomas is still interviewing, or if he is we must be down to the same group of losers, misfits and mentally unsound that respond to police appeals for information in major crime cases.
    Stop farting around and announce Garner.
    No idea whether he will make the step up, but I could get excited by the appointment provided he is given his head in respect of choice of assistants and recruitment.
    If he has those foisted on him then he is already on the back foot.
    Or choice 1 and choice 2 have rejected ... 
  • Options
    Managers and Players. We seem to always be down to option 3/4. That isn't efficient and also builds no real culture.
  • Options
    To be fair, I've known lots of people go for a job and then reject the offer or even in my own department, accept an offer then having waited 3 months for them to start, give notice 48 hours before their start date. Grrr. 

I understand Thomas angst about getting the right person in, but what form does that person need to take, in Thomas eyes. Is it most important to have had prior success, or more important to do as they are told AND accept a contract that is primarily in favour of the employer. 

Football coaches with a proven track record are always in great demand (demand outstrips supply) just like strikers, and are rarely out of work for very long, hence their attitude is likely to be that a better offer is likely to come along soon.

Get it wrong this time at your peril Thomas as it won't just be financial problems that you will be experiencing. 
  • Options
    T_C_E said:
    As a forum with a thread on Mental health and that champions Mentalhealth matters, why are commenting on Mr Ackworth?
    He obviously believes in his cause and got off his arse and did something about it and whether we agree or not he doesn’t deserve belittling.
    Sorry admin, for derailing the thread again! 🙏

I have no idea on the state of Ackworth's mental health but as someone who has hit rock bottom in the past it really shouldn't be a get out of criticism free zone. 

Sure you need empathy at times and to hear a  kind voice but we all need to realize that others see situations different and in this rough and tumble world if you put your head above the Parapet then you will received hits.

Now back to the Next manager......

• Options
    Any news?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    paulg1947 said:
    Rylo said:
    paulg1947 said:
    And a view from left field-- Quote- The Zynex mission is to improve the quality of patience- WTF. We all know its to rip the patience off in this 'Land of the Free'' Thank God for Universal Health Care, With all its problems ,100% better than the U S
    Did they really spell “patients” as “patience”?! 
    Damn-  Computers wern't even invented when i was born, Let alone'spell checks". Can i claim a type error ?
    Wasn’t knocking you mate, thought it was copied and pasted from the site. Apologies!
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    Any news?

The price of spuds and cheese are falling...never a better time to have jacket spud with cheese..yum yum B)
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:
    Can't really believe that Thomas is still interviewing, or if he is we must be down to the same group of losers, misfits and mentally unsound that respond to police appeals for information in major crime cases.
    Stop farting around and announce Garner.
    No idea whether he will make the step up, but I could get excited by the appointment provided he is given his head in respect of choice of assistants and recruitment.
    If he has those foisted on him then he is already on the back foot.
    Or choice 1 and choice 2 have rejected ... 
    Well, quite probably.
    I don't actually know what our appeal is now to anybody with any pedigree (unless they are unemployed and slightly desperate or past it)
    It's not like we are some kind of sleeping giant.
    More like a catatonic hunchback
    Great stadium with potential to expand, good supporter base (filled one half of Wembley at recent playoff final), decent history, London based, which appeals to some at least. 
  • Options
    Didn't DubaiCAFC mention a possible candidate from a PL club? Wonder if someone like a freshly promoted with Forest Andy Reid could be a name to throw into the mix..... 
  • Options
    MarcusH26 said:
    Didn't DubaiCAFC mention a possible candidate from a PL club? Wonder if someone like a freshly promoted with Forest Andy Reid could be a name to throw into the mix..... 
    I hope not but Stuart Pearce left West Ham, Carrick is one that has been mentioned now and again and is no longer at Utd. 

Brian Reimer at Brentford is Danish…previously manager and assistant manager at Copenhagen.
  • Options
    MarcusH26 said:
    I hope not but Stuart Pearce left West Ham, Carrick is one that has been mentioned now and again and is no longer at Utd. 

Brian Reimer at Brentford is Danish…previously manager and assistant manager at Copenhagen.

Pearce I'd really really hope he's not under consideration

Reimer actually could be a very interesting one given its known TS gets on with the Brentford hierarchy. 
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    MarcusH26 said:
    MarcusH26 said:

Pearce I'd really really hope he's not under consideration

Reimer actually could be a very interesting one given its known TS gets on with the Brentford hierarchy. 
    Yep. Would fit the obsession with the Brentford model. I think it’ll be Garner though. 
  • Options
    If negotiations with, allegedly, Garner come to nothing then I hope we don’t appoint an unproven coach like Carrick.
    We could and should have stuck with Jacko if that’s the case. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    What part of the Brentford model is attractive to Thomas Sandgaard or our fan base ?

They have no academies but are in the Premier by buying good young players like Toney who's agent will no doubt be looking to get him a transfer soon.

We are the polar opposite as we sell our better younger players.

They play friendlies games with a reserve side.

We need the next manager to have more faith in getting our better youngsters into the first team squad and Sandgaard not selling them within half a dozen games. 
  • Options
    The frustration at the moment is that we are being reassured with non-updates rather than an update. 

We might aswell illustrate unique ambition by being the first club to name a youth player without a pro contract as apprentice/ player/manager. Come on Jacob.
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    What part of the Brentford model is attractive to Thomas Sandgaard or our fan base ?

They have no academies but are in the Premier by buying good young players like Toney who's agent will no doubt be looking to get him a transfer soon.

We are the polar opposite as we sell our better younger players.

They play friendlies games with a reserve side.

We need the next manager to have more faith in getting our better youngsters into the first team squad and Sandgaard not selling them within half a dozen games. 
    The elephant in the room is probably that the "Brentford model" just doesn't work post Brexit. They were fuelled by significant investment and time spent in international scouting, resulting in bringing in talent for less than the competition and then being able to sell them for many times more or being able to retain them and grow them as they rose up the leagues. They wouldn't have got work permits for most of the players they signed now.

This is also why most of the serious talent in L1 and L2 is just getting sucked into the Championship without an intermediate stop at one of the bigger/higher spending L1 teams.
  • Options
    I keep hearing Thomas Sandgaard didn't really fancy JJ as Manager, that could be true but he definitely didn't fancy Michael Beale or why did he use him as a Yard stick that we should go above after Adkins left and Johnnie was caretaker ?

That really isn't the way to attract a good young coach to your club from Glasgow Rangers and as Stevie G was getting ready to move to Villa and would always want his coaching guru to go with him.
  • Options
    My concern is quite similar to what with seen in player recruitment the last couple of years. Doing a decent job in identifying good candidates, but failing to attract them here
    Posted that on 16th May and suspect that is what’s proven the case, particularly with Beale. 
    Likely problems: refusal to recognise the market rate, either in salary or on termination; for managers, the scope of the role.

We are not an unattractive proposition relative to most other third tier or provincial clubs. 
    Both obstacles are likely to lead to extended discussions. In fairness, this is the best time of year to accommodate delays, but at some point you have to compromise.
    That may well be part of it, but in terms of Beale, would it not just be that he got an offer we couldn't really match? QPR announced Warburton was leaving on 28th April. Charlton sacked Jackson on 2nd May. QPR are a league above us, have been in the Premier League more recently than us and are really a more attractive prospect all round. It's not like they sacked their manager yesterday and swooped in over us, they had a lot of time to plan this as well and they'll be hoping for a push towards the Premier League next season. What are we offering Beale that can match that even in the best possible scenario?
    A £12500 per month flat, overlooking Maybank Paper yard?