Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Next manager - Ben Garner confirmed (p256)

Comments

• Options
    1968CAFC said:
    1968CAFC said:
    1968CAFC said:
    Hal1x said:
    1968CAFC said:
    Well lady’s & Gentlemen I hope I am proved wrong, but I am getting the feeling we will end up with someone far worse the JJ was and more has been crap players on free transfers or loans.
    so far what has TS actually achieved apart from buy the Club? And he wants premier League football 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣👎👎👎👎
    Let me guess you are a glass half empty sort of person.
        No actually I own 5 companies and have supported CAFC since 1968.
    🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
    Welp, that's my non-sequitur of the week.
      None-Sequitur a noun is not the correct word
      but a sense of humour might help 🤣🤣🤣
    I mean, it absolutely is. Are you ok?
    1968CAFC said:
    1968CAFC said:
    Hal1x said:
    1968CAFC said:
    Well lady’s & Gentlemen I hope I am proved wrong, but I am getting the feeling we will end up with someone far worse the JJ was and more has been crap players on free transfers or loans.
    so far what has TS actually achieved apart from buy the Club? And he wants premier League football 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣👎👎👎👎
    🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
    1968CAFC said:
    1968CAFC said:
    Hal1x said:
    1968CAFC said:
    🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
           I am fine a very well thank you.
           But a sense of humour injection might
           Help you 🤣🤣🤣👍👍👍
    See, this is why I will never stop arguing for a concussion protocol on Charlton Life
    You’re the member of the group that made eye contact with the nutter in the pub and has now had his evening ruined. 
  • Options
    _MrDick said:
    Just seen the video of Jonathan Ackworth up in Preston giving Rick Parry a letter regarding Sandgaard.

We do have some weird fans. 

https://twitter.com/jonathanacwort7/status/1531731915090305026?s=21&t=w7APQxZFm49kNbV0-s7zhg
    Wow!
    I think that is single handedly the most Acworth thing Acworth has ever done!!
    Coalition Against Thomas Sandgaard. WTF.
  • Options
    This is worse than waiting for a baby to arrive, hope we’re not going to be waiting another 9 months!
  • Options
    Ah well. We will soon have a few England games to distract us.
  • Options
    _MrDick said:
    Just seen the video of Jonathan Ackworth up in Preston giving Rick Parry a letter regarding Sandgaard.

https://twitter.com/jonathanacwort7/status/1531731915090305026?s=21&t=w7APQxZFm49kNbV0-s7zhg
    Jesus Christ :/ 

fair play though, waitrose bag, means business 
  • Options

Admin…..maybe set up a separate thread for this topic?
  • Options
    Barnsley still looking for a manager ahead of their own probable squad rebuild. Trying to get onto BarnsleyLife to see what they're saying.

Charlton managerless since 3rd May. Barnsley managerless since 8th May (season ended a week later than ours).
    Get money on a Charlton - Barnsley 1st & 2nd for promotion. Its a sign. 
    Repeat of 18/19...

Charlton, Barnsley and the team who finished 2nd in League Two the year before... Exeter.
    If that happens I'll have the lyrics of Addicks to victory tattooed on my arse 
    As the lyrics are shite, your arse can sing it too
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Admin…..maybe set up a separate thread for this topic?

I know admin like to give a false sense of power on here 😂 but normal lowly members can start threads,
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Looks like Blackburn are going for Duncan Disorderly (one of the best football nicknames alongside One Size and Loch Ness Drogba).
    I've always thought Big Dunc could be a decent manager
    Completely agree, I think Ferguson could really surprise people as a manager.

The only issue he has is really that he HATES the media and doesn't talk to journalists except when he has to.
  • Options
    Fumbluff said:
    Fumbluff said:
    Been at a funeral today, what have I missed?
    Did someone say Martin was actually Ro-lands son?
    You have missed a belter of a day.

@RonnieMoore is a pilot, we are playing Swanley in a friendly,
    Mr largo has been advised to move his toilet seat closer to his front door, somebody is annoyed that Andy Carroll ended up in bed with 2 woman and AFKA has been roaming the streets of London singing God save the Queen.

I almost forgot amongst all the excitement , it seems the news of Ben Chorley leaving Swindon only filtered through to Finland 2 days after the event. 
    Alma Swanley? Or do you really mean Crockenhill?
    Sutton Athletic as well.
  • Options
    Third time in a week, this is a thread about our potential next manager. Please keep it to that. 
    I was putting forward Mr Ackworth. 
    He'll be the only one prepared to accept the terms of the contract.
    I can see the first game of the season now and the Covered End are chanting "Johnny A's red n white army".
  • Options
    So according to Ben Ransom we had conducted 2nd interviews a couple of weeks ago…hmmm definitely a process happening ____🐌

So the two people we all thought were joint first choice havent been interviewed (Taylor/ Beale), we werent waiting for Prem/ playoffs/Champions league to finish before starting the search as had second round interviews 2 weeks ago, likely 1st round 3 weeks+ ago. 

WOnder who they were and if that would make Garner the first choice, seeing as we had to wait for him at least. 

Also, how boring is it with no leaks  :'(
  • Options
    _MrDick said:

Wow!
    I think that is single handedly the most Acworth thing Acworth has ever done!!
    Omg. CATS ? Just weird !

Did he work in the BBC during the 70's
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:

Embarrassing. 
    People congratulating him in Twitter! Weird
    Including the Sausage 
  • Options
    Fumbluff said:

Mr largo has been advised to move his toilet seat closer to his front door, somebody is annoyed that Andy Carroll ended up in bed with 2 woman and AFKA has been roaming the streets of London singing God save the Queen.

I almost forgot amongst all the excitement , it seems the news of Ben Chorley leaving Swindon only filtered through to Finland 2 days after the event. 
    You misunderstood my gripe,I dont give a toss who Andy Carroll goes to bed with,nor for that matter do 99.9 pc of the world.My moan was that it was deemed worthy of saturation cover and front pages of newspapers.Enjoyed your comments though just about summed up events at the moment.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    So according to Ben Ransom we had conducted 2nd interviews a couple of weeks ago…hmmm definitely a process happening ____🐌

So the two people we all thought were joint first choice havent been interviewed (Taylor/ Beale), we werent waiting for Prem/ playoffs/Champions league to finish before starting the search as had second round interviews 2 weeks ago, likely 1st round 3 weeks+ ago. 

WOnder who they were and if that would make Garner the first choice, seeing as we had to wait for him at least. 

How do we know they weren’t interviewed?
  • Options

Yesterday SLP said Beale was interviewed. With Championship interest he was always likely to turn us down.

Someone said Taylor has a baby on the way say so that could explain him deciding to stay at Exeter.

https://londonnewsonline.co.uk/qpr-set-to-appoint-michael-beale-as-new-manager/

QPR are set to appoint Michael Beale as their new boss.

Aston Villa’s assistant head coach was interviewed by Charlton Athletic about their managerial vacancy.

• Options
    Ackworth has found Zynex Life, wonder what the sticky threads are at the top of the page? 
  • Options
    Pretty sure perspective managers won't always opt for the jobs in the higher league when there's offers on the table. Reckon they'd look at other things like backing, and what effect just trudging along in the Championship (for example) would have on their career, as opposed to making improvements to a lower league outfit and possibly taking them somewhere.

Unlucky for us it seems we're the less attracting proposition at the moment AND we're in the lower league 🤷‍♂️
  • Options
    Gribbo said:
    Pretty sure perspective managers won't always opt for the jobs in the higher league when there's offers on the table. Reckon they'd look at other things like backing, and what effect just trudging along in the Championship (for example) would have on their career, as opposed to making improvements to a lower league outfit and possibly taking them somewhere.

Unlucky for us it seems we're the less attracting proposition at the moment AND we're in the lower league 🤷‍♂️
    QPR finished 9 points off the playoffs, any manager is going there will believe they can get them promoted.
  • Options
    Gribbo said:
    J BLOCK said:

Embarrassing. 
    People congratulating him in Twitter! Weird
    Including the Sausage 
    I think people are actually just being kind. 
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    Scoham said:

Yesterday SLP said Beale was interviewed. With Championship interest he was always likely to turn us down.

Someone said Taylor has a baby on the way say so that could explain him deciding to stay at Exeter.

https://londonnewsonline.co.uk/qpr-set-to-appoint-michael-beale-as-new-manager/

QPR are set to appoint Michael Beale as their new boss.

Aston Villa’s assistant head coach was interviewed by Charlton Athletic about their managerial vacancy.

My bad, glasses time, thought it said did NOT. 

As for Taylor, he said if we make an approach at the some doo, (manager awartd or something a weekish ago) after he was supposed to be here), I assume that to mean there hasnt been an interview, as, well, that would be an approach no?

• Options
    Fumbluff said:

You misunderstood my gripe,I dont give a toss who Andy Carroll goes to bed with,nor for that matter do 99.9 pc of the world.My moan was that it was deemed worthy of saturation cover and front pages of newspapers.Enjoyed your comments though just about summed up events at the moment.
    It's not saturation coverage in decent newspapers, it's not even mentioned. 
  • Options
    edited June 2022

Do you mean Taylor & Beale didn't have second interviews perhaps?

The lack of leaks is a frustration. We need eyes on the ground if TS is in town. Who's he with, the "other shareholders" he mentioned. Just who are those guys?

Is his trip primarily Charlton related, or is he also doing Zynex business and something to do with his band?

If Garner is his man, doesn't he have to resign from Swindon first, or is he on holiday mulling it over perhaps? 😉

If resignations are any clue, I can only think of Ben Chorley and Stuart Pearce and I doubt it'll be Psycho.

So many unanswered questions! I don't expect we'll get answers today, but we need a decision......soon!