Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Next manager - Ben Garner confirmed (p256)

Comments

• Options
    Good for qpr but their fan base can be pretty intolerant and hostile.  I’ll follow them with interest
  • Options
    My crystal ball has broken, so I don’t have a clue if Beale would have been good or not, but it doesn’t matter he was never coming to us, my crystal ball told me that before I broke it!!🤣
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    Good for Beale landing his first manager's role. He's got great pedigree but that doesn't mean he'll be a guaranteed success as a manager. Can't help but feel he's a bit of a risk in the Championship.

It's either going to go very right (top six / promotion in a couple of years) or very wrong (one win in 10 & sacked by November).
  • Options
    I hope QPR go down with Millwall  :D
  • Options
    Come on TS, sort this fucking mess out soon before it is too late for next season.

Now starting to become a joke and making you, your son and all the other hangers on look like idiots.
    I'll agree if it's not sorted by next Friday. 
  • Options
    Many Charlton fans just have not acclimatised into the Club and Team we are. 

It really is easier pointing out issues without having an input in resolving them.
  • Options
    I feel the new manager needs to be in place before the window opens, so that they can assess the squad ahead of the window and make it clear from the bell who is wanted to buy or sell. 

Last year was atrocious business planning and if we are not set up by beginning of July, bar 1 or 2 minor alterations, the season is looking bleak once again. That's 1 month to get all of the business 'that matters' completed. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    What part of the Brentford model is attractive to Thomas Sandgaard or our fan base ?

They have no academies but are in the Premier by buying good young players like Toney who's agent will no doubt be looking to get him a transfer soon.

We are the polar opposite as we sell our better younger players.

They play friendlies games with a reserve side.

We need the next manager to have more faith in getting our better youngsters into the first team squad and Sandgaard not selling them within half a dozen games. 
    The elephant in the room is probably that the "Brentford model" just doesn't work post Brexit. They were fuelled by significant investment and time spent in international scouting, resulting in bringing in talent for less than the competition and then being able to sell them for many times more or being able to retain them and grow them as they rose up the leagues. They wouldn't have got work permits for most of the players they signed now.

This is also why most of the serious talent in L1 and L2 is just getting sucked into the Championship without an intermediate stop at one of the bigger/higher spending L1 teams.
    Brexit was in 2016 and officially we left before Brentford got to the Premiershit . 
    We didn't leave the EU until 2020 and subsequent to that there was a transition period. By that time, signing players like Mbuemo, Maupay, Benrahma or building the platform to win promotion was long in the rear view mirror for them
  • Options
    I now worry this shambles might develop into a farce before it finally becomes another disaster.  
  • Options
    No inside information but I have a gut feeling we’ll get Warburton. The Garner situation has been rumbling on too long.
  • Options
    colthe3rd said:
    Just so I'm clear, it's now Sandgaard's fault JJ couldn't motivate the players? 

Can we also find a way to blame him for MacG making mistakes? 
    There are rumours he tied his boot laces together so he couldn’t walk or run off his line…… in a double knot aswell!!😳
  • Options
    What part of the Brentford model is attractive to Thomas Sandgaard or our fan base ?

They have no academies but are in the Premier by buying good young players like Toney who's agent will no doubt be looking to get him a transfer soon.

We are the polar opposite as we sell our better younger players.

They play friendlies games with a reserve side.

We need the next manager to have more faith in getting our better youngsters into the first team squad and Sandgaard not selling them within half a dozen games. 
    The elephant in the room is probably that the "Brentford model" just doesn't work post Brexit. They were fuelled by significant investment and time spent in international scouting, resulting in bringing in talent for less than the competition and then being able to sell them for many times more or being able to retain them and grow them as they rose up the leagues. They wouldn't have got work permits for most of the players they signed now.

This is also why most of the serious talent in L1 and L2 is just getting sucked into the Championship without an intermediate stop at one of the bigger/higher spending L1 teams.
    Brexit was in 2016 and officially we left before Brentford got to the Premiershit . 
    We didn't leave the EU until 2020 and subsequent to that there was a transition period. By that time, signing players like Mbuemo, Maupay, Benrahma or building the platform to win promotion was long in the rear view mirror for them
    Yes and ?   Brentford went up in 2021 after we left the EU....I am aware who played for them and some of those had gone by then.
    I only made the comment because your post started "Brexit was in 2016" which I inferred meant you disagreed with the comment that what Brentford achieved is no longer possible post-Brexit. The EU and ease of bringing in cheaper and unfamiliar players in comparison to their competition facilitated their rise. I don't know how the relationship between their model and Brexit is debatable really.
  • Options
    mendonca said:

It really is easier pointing out issues without having an input in resolving them.
    An input in resolving them is quite simple. 
    Hire a decent manager 
    Give them the funds to recruit the right players. 
    Do not interfere with team selection or training tactics. 
    It really is that simple. 

Is this 100% fact and verified by anybody credible? Or is it being used as an excuse to get stuck into TS? 

I would love to see this question put to Thomas maybe by the fans representative and see what the unedited answer is. Or are we not aloud to ask difficult questions?

also, is your son picking the new recruits and has the final say? 

Just to stop all the hearsay and speculation because then we can all get on with supporting the team.
  • Options
    No inside info but maybe now Beale is no longer an option TS will blink in the contract conditions poker game he's been playing, possibly maybe I don't know, with Super Ben.

WIOTOS but I wish they'd get a bloody move on, for the sake of a few Lifers' stress levels if nothing else.

Amen to that
  • Options
    clive said:
    Fair play to Pardew. Didn't even realise him and Alex were there tbh.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited June 2022
    Really thought TS had someone waiting in the wings and they would be in place pretty much straight after Jackson departed.
    Can only assume something went seriously awry with TS and Jacksons relationship late on and TS had no alternative but to give him the boot?

If he never fancied him in the first place and knew months ago he'd be getting rid then this latest carry on really is a farce.
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    No inside info but maybe now Beale is no longer an option TS will blink in the contract conditions poker game he's been playing, possibly maybe I don't know, with Super Ben.

WIOTOS but I wish they'd get a bloody move on, for the sake of a few Lifers' stress levels if nothing else.

Maybe it’s not a poker game?,  and Beale knew better options were going to be available, so he was a non starter with us anyway? Feels like he may have been looking above us all along. 
  • Options
    What’s the latest on the Swanley game?
  • Options
    IAgree said:
    What’s the latest on the Swanley game?
    We’ve conceded….
  • Options
    Warburton- best thing since sliced bread
    We won't pay the dough he will knead to earn a decent crust
  • Options
    Not sure I want him loafing about the plaice,,  do you see what I’ve done there?🐟😬
  • Options
    Disappointing to miss out on Beale. He’s one of us and I think will be a real success. 
    Feeling like Groundhog Day again. 

• Options
    mendonca said:

An input in resolving them is quite simple. 
    Hire a decent manager 
    Give them the funds to recruit the right players. 
    It really is that simple. 
    Very simple when it's not your money though isn't it. 
    Well if you haven't got the funds to get the job done why buy the club in the first place