Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Next manager - Ben Garner confirmed (p256)

Comments

• Options
    cfgs said:
    Looks like Thomas and his Mrs are over next week now.

Cue someone else telling us they are due over next week in a few hours/days.
    Just wait for it to filter through to the special Instagram account....... 
  • Options
    Waiting for Colin to update us 
  • Options
    Waiting for Colin to update us 
    Until he does I refuse to believe this.

Has it been reported in the Plymouth local press yet?
  • Options
    We have made some progress today, we can rule out Michael Beale and Amber Heard. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Goals are dreams with deadlines.

Diana Scharf

• Options
    J BLOCK said:
    Was willing to give TS the summer, but nearly a month on and still no new manager is a joke. We are behind everyone else this summer AGAIN. 
    But sandgaard said that he had learnt his lesson from this time last year. Surely we won't be lagging behind again ?

Matthews if you're out of work when the transfer window slams shut just give tommy or martin a call.
  • Options
    I'd quite like to see Appleton myself, if only for the amusement value. Only shown twice I think in over 200 pages, despite being available. I wonder if he's been interviewed.   
  • Options
    I know it'll sounds like being wise after the event, but did anyone REALLY believe that Beale would come to us ? 
  • Options
    There’s little point in blaming Thomas for not landing Michael Beale. He’s obviously been in demand and I doubt whatever TS offered him he would come to us and he always was going to lean towards a Championship side if the offer came in. Truth is we can’t compete with clubs like QPR. QPR announced Beale today so perhaps Thomas has been pursuing Beale right up until that point. There could be reason for the delay right there. 
    Possibly. Although could have got him in September.
  • Options
    I know it'll sounds like being wise after the event, but did anyone REALLY believe that Beale would come to us ? 
    Missed our chance after Adkins was sacked I think. Maybe then we did! 🤷🏻‍♂️
  • Options
    cfgs said:

Cue someone else telling us they are due over next week in a few hours/days.
    So is Cardigan Ben in the know? 
  • Options
    There’s little point in blaming Thomas for not landing Michael Beale. He’s obviously been in demand and I doubt whatever TS offered him he would come to us and he always was going to lean towards a Championship side if the offer came in. Truth is we can’t compete with clubs like QPR. QPR announced Beale today so perhaps Thomas has been pursuing Beale right up until that point. There could be reason for the delay right there. 
    Possibly. Although could have got him in September.
    Possibly but did we need him then ? 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

What account is that she's asking to reserve a copy?

They seem on good terms, might ITK.

Worth a follow surely 
  • Options
    No, not a chance.
  • Options
    A couple of posters on ITTV seem to think Chris Powell was interviewed recently. Could it be?? I’m not sure he’d give up what he has with Spurs and England unless he’s desperate to get back into management. 
  • Options
    I think there was a chance, quite a good one.  I am actually more surprised about the number of people that are convinced he would be brilliant, yet are not as positive about others with similar CVs.

He might of been, he might not have been.  So might plenty of others.
  • Options
    Will be very interesting to see how Beale does.  He was my preferred choice here.  I think QPR have got a real gem, but time will tell
    Yes he seems alright but I've heard We’ve also been a little more ambitious than that, in terms of the level of managers we’ve been reaching for.
    Do tell !

Need some positive news tonight. 
  • Options
    Will be very interesting to see how Beale does.  He was my preferred choice here.  I think QPR have got a real gem, but time will tell
    Yes he seems alright but I've heard We’ve also been a little more ambitious than that, in terms of the level of managers we’ve been reaching for.
    Do tell !

"Asked about Beale, Sandgaard said: “He has a fantastic track record, especially on the supporting side. Of course we talked to Michael. We’ve also been a little more ambitious than that, in terms of the level of managers we’ve been reaching for.”

https://londonnewsonline.co.uk/exclusive-thomas-sandgaard-gives-update-on-charlton-athletic-managerial-situation/
  • Options
    sholland said:
    We have made some progress today, we can rule out Michael Beale and Amber Heard
    She could well need a job ?
  • Options
    Yes. That's probably it.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Do tell !

"Asked about Beale, Sandgaard said: “He has a fantastic track record, especially on the supporting side. Of course we talked to Michael. We’ve also been a little more ambitious than that, in terms of the level of managers we’ve been reaching for.”

https://londonnewsonline.co.uk/exclusive-thomas-sandgaard-gives-update-on-charlton-athletic-managerial-situation/
    Was shocked TS this, total slap in the face of Beale.