Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Next manager - Ben Garner confirmed (p256)

Comments

• Chris Houghton is a great shout. Why couldn't we attract someone like him?
  • The name Glen Riddersholm has been thrown into the mix elsewhere. Danish manager, previously at FC Midtjylland but currently assistant at Genk. Never heard of him myself, but it's something to talk about I guess.
    I seem to remember this name last time after Adkins, possibly even the time before that after Bow. Is it just the Danish link? 
  • mart77 said:
    Warburton on Sky was just asked about being linked with us and Brum. He said he wouldn’t discuss it while people were in jobs and way it was discussed was that the club he was interested in taking over had a manager there, still in a job. 
    That will be Brum then, I think we can forget about Warburton, I can’t see him ending up anywhere other than a championship side. 

Would love to know who has applied to us so far 
  • edited May 2022
    The more I think about what is realistic, the more Darren Ferguson springs to mind. He is available and we need to stop farting around and get a manager in. There is a lot to do and it needs to be done under a manager. Ferguson is competent enough to do a decent job if supported.
  • The more I think about what is realistic, the more Darren Ferguson springs to mind. He is available and we need to stop farting around and get a manager in. There is a lot to do and it needs to be done under a manager. Ferguson is competent enough to do a decent job if supported.
    Good manager in league one but useless in Championship. 
  • Sponsored links:

• edited May 2022
    redbuttle said:
    The more I think about what is realistic, the more Darren Ferguson springs to mind. He is available and we need to stop farting around and get a manager in. There is a lot to do and it needs to be done under a manager. Ferguson is competent enough to do a decent job if supported.
    Good manager in league one but useless in Championship. 
    I don't think the championship is that different to league 1 in terms of management.  The difference is he often has had very good league 1 players and average to poor championship ones.

With in reason, most managers will get teams to the level the players should be.  

If you look at our managers, we have had enough of them, over the last 15 years I think that's generally the case.   The two massive exceptions are the 2 that have no place being football managers in the first place.

If the manager isn't ultimately responsible for the recruitment it amplifies the point as well.
  • Not saying he would come to us but Warburton would be mad to go to Birmingham. No hope of lasting long there.
    Like he'd be given time with us you think?
  • Kips said:
    Chris Houghton is a great shout. Why couldn't we attract someone like him?
    Made a right balls up of Forest. Reputation tarnished.
    Pretty impressive record before that though across a number of clubs. I always think it's not necessarily a bad thing to employ a manager where they have had a bad experience to draw upon.

We all make mistakes in our careers and deserve the opportunity to show we have learnt from them.  

I'd take Hughton.
    A capable manager but not renowned for playing the type of expansive, attacking, high press football Sandgaard's been alluding to.
  • Tony Mowbury latest name but all I would say is when we were looking for a new man to replace Bowyer one man not mentioned was Adkins … 
    Yeah yeah yeah.
  • Tony Mowbury latest name but all I would say is when we were looking for a new man to replace Bowyer one man not mentioned was Adkins … 
    Yeah yeah yeah.
    Keep an eye on the Marriott in Bexleyheath 
  • Chris Houghton is a great shout. Why couldn't we attract someone like him?
    Made a right balls up of Forest. Reputation tarnished.
    Also plays mind numbingly awful football 
  • It’s funny with Hughton and shows that you really are only as good as your last job, he has been highly rated on here before the forest run and I am sure if we had got him prior to that there would have been real excitement. 

I wonder if the same people who wouldn’t want him also wanted to keep Jackson when the situation is very similar, except Hughtons CV is far more gleaming and indicates he can do something special at this club.

personally I’d take him. Can work one of two ways, he uses his last job as motivation and earns his reputation back a bit, or he finds out for himself that the game has lost him a bit. No more a risk than any other manager we have been linked with, unfortunately when you’re a league 1 side, Hughton is about the best option you will get 
  • Sponsored links:

• No one mentioned Jason Tindall, former player, plenty of coaching experience at the top level, might fancy a crack at management and a move back down Sarf. 
  • Let’s face it. Whoever is chosen it’s a gamble. Whoever it is whether I’m excited or disappointed will make absolutely no difference to the outcome. On that basis I’ll get behind them and give them my full support. What other option is there.
  • No one mentioned Jason Tindall, former player, plenty of coaching experience at the top level, might fancy a crack at management and a move back down Sarf. 

Now that's a very very interesting name to throw into the mix Large! Definitely got the coaching experience. 

Not one I'd even had on my radar. 
  • Exciting times at Newcastle on the horizon so might be a strange time for him to jump ? Might fancy being number one but I’m not sure we could tempt him at present.
  • edited May 2022
    I'm not normally impatient, and def not in the wetting yourself brigade, but the longer this drags on and the more we see our "targets" slippng away, well, i give you our new up and coming manager...Mr Jason Euell.... :(
    PS this is not a request, but sods law popping up again..
    You’d have to lure him away from the Saudi money at Newcastle. Didn’t do too well on his own at Bournemouth.
    I think he would be a very silly man to leave newcastle with their very generous summer transfer budget. Plus, his stint as the main man at Bournemouth wasn't a massive success, some people are born to be assistants and I think that tindall falls into that category