Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Next manager - Ben Garner confirmed (p256)

Comments

• edited May 2022
    Except we should be taking that time preparing for a promotion push next season. You haven't been paying attention if you don't think this process will drag on and it will put us behind our rivals in terms of preperation. Ferguson would be as good as anybody we are likely to get and taking time on the right man sounds good but means little. Was Adkins the right man? Basically anybody we get will have had both success of failure or be inexperienced, but we have just sacked an inexperienced manager who hardly got the chance to fail. 

Ok I will wait and see if we get a new manager next week, but I can see this dragging and fans getting ever more desperate. It is how we do it and I believe that until I see evidence to the contrary.
  • Signing Marquis is a sure sign that we have no ambition. He wont get us promoted & doubt he'd sign to be cover for Stockley. 
    Marquis is a very good league one goalscorer and to get him for 12 months would not be a bad bit if business Stockley Aneke Marquis and one other not a bad 4 at this level 
    33 goals in 115 games in last 3 seasons your definition of a very good goalscorer is a bit off there pal
  • I'm not normally impatient, and def not in the wetting yourself brigade, but the longer this drags on and the more we see our "targets" slippng away, well, who's for another old boy, i give you our new up and coming manager...Mr Jason Euell.... :(
    Hopefully not.
    He's been a part of the problem. 
    We need a fresh start with somebody else. 
    Exactly blackpool, that's what i was alluding too...doh!! B)
  • edited May 2022
    Scoham said:
    The longer it goes on the more concerning it’ll be, but what evidence is there that news won’t emerge in the next few days with an appointment made next week?

I’m concerned next season could go horribly wrong, but there’s no evidence either way yet.
    Because we seem to have people running the club who think they are better than those at other clubs but there has been chaotic management behind the scenes in reality. Nothing about honesty, ambition or intent but execution which I need convincing of. Ultimately, actions speak louder than words and I hope I am wrong.

A quick appointment would help me think I could be.
  • Ferguson has only been successful at Peterborough for whatever reason, hope he's not one we're considering.
  • The more I think about what is realistic, the more Darren Ferguson springs to mind. He is available and we need to stop farting around and get a manager in. There is a lot to do and it needs to be done under a manager. Ferguson is competent enough to do a decent job if supported.
    Are we farting around or are we running a recruitment process? Identifying targets and then interviewing them isn't something that needs to be rushed at this stage. I'd be much more concerned if we just pulled in a manager with no research or direct engagement and then they didn't fit in with the club's plan going forward. This will be our fourth manager under Sandgaard, wouldn't hurt to take some time trying to get it right
    I would hope that identifying targets was something that was completed well before Jackson was dismissed.
  • The more I think about what is realistic, the more Darren Ferguson springs to mind. He is available and we need to stop farting around and get a manager in. There is a lot to do and it needs to be done under a manager. Ferguson is competent enough to do a decent job if supported.
    Are we farting around or are we running a recruitment process? Identifying targets and then interviewing them isn't something that needs to be rushed at this stage. I'd be much more concerned if we just pulled in a manager with no research or direct engagement and then they didn't fit in with the club's plan going forward. This will be our fourth manager under Sandgaard, wouldn't hurt to take some time trying to get it right
    I would hope that identifying targets was something that was completed well before Jackson was dismissed.
    TS said recently it started a few months ago.
  • Sponsored links:

• Scoham said:
    The more I think about what is realistic, the more Darren Ferguson springs to mind. He is available and we need to stop farting around and get a manager in. There is a lot to do and it needs to be done under a manager. Ferguson is competent enough to do a decent job if supported.
    I will believe that when I see it. After the last three windows where we have been scrabbling about in the last few days picking up the dregs nothing would surprise me.
  • Scoham said:
    The more I think about what is realistic, the more Darren Ferguson springs to mind. He is available and we need to stop farting around and get a manager in. There is a lot to do and it needs to be done under a manager. Ferguson is competent enough to do a decent job if supported.
    I will believe that when I see it. After the last three windows where we have been scrabbling about in the last few days picking up the dregs nothing would surprise me.
    It is a continuous process.
  • Even Man Utd can't get the right manager. There is luck involved. Yes, avoid a Russell Slade or Mike Bassett, but no reason Feguson can't do as well as any other we get. No reason Jacko couldn't have done either.

Managers who have been successful for us were not certainties to do so when they were appointed.
  • Scoham said:
    The longer it goes on the more concerning it’ll be, but what evidence is there that news won’t emerge in the next few days with an appointment made next week?

I’m concerned next season could go horribly wrong, but there’s no evidence either way yet.
     When is the cut off date that we can officially go into delirious panic mode?

I gave Sandgaard the benefit of the doubt last summer. Won't get fooled again.
  • Scoham said:
    I agree, I’m not saying I believe it’ll pay off. Identifying targets is one thing, signing them and getting most in early is another thing completely.
  • edited May 2022
    Scoham said:

Now if you want to, just expect some to disagree. Again I’m not saying I don’t have concerns but it’s 12th May, things could look very different in a months time.
  • Jason Euell will be manager by Christmas when our new manager turns out to be a load of shit like Adkins and most of the other managers we’ve brought in with now previous connections with our club and know nothing about what this club is all about. 
  • Scoham said:
    Scoham said:

Now if you want to, just expect some to disagree. Again I’m not saying I don’t have concerns but it’s 12th May, things could look very different in a months time.
    Absolutely. Football season isn’t even over yet. For those where it is over they are quite possibly away on holiday and that goes for players and managers. I have no doubt we’ll have spoken to some players and I’m also sure some of those will have multiple offers. We might not want to drag it out but that won’t be the same for players and their advisers. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Our best bet is that Jason Euell sees managing Charlton as a stepping stone in his own development, takes the manager's job with his eyes open knowing how the 🤡 owner operates, does his best with whatever ragtag rabble of makeweights, crocks and youngsters he has shoved his way, and leaves next summer with his reputation in tact - if we better midtable = Euell's a genius - if it's a relegation fight all season = inadequate squad and shitshow ownership - no lose for JE

Nobody with any experience or talent is gonna take Sandgaard's shitty job, unless the bailiff's are at the door and they really need the money.
  • Scoham said:
    Scoham said:
    I agree, I’m not saying I believe it’ll pay off. Identifying targets is one thing, signing them and getting most in early is another thing completely.
    To clarify I meant identifying targets to replace Jackson as manager rather than player targets.
  • redbuttle said:
    I do sometimes wonder why people actually support Charlton. So much negativity all of the time must be very hard. People need to get a grip.
    We have a large percentage  of fans on here who just moan about everything. 
    Amen to that.
  • Most of the managers brought in that have 'no connection' or 'don't know what the clubs all about' were brought in under turgid owners, which is probably why it didn't work. 
  • If only they knew we were a special club who play a totally different sport to all the other clubs!