Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Heat Wave - Weather Watch

Comments

• The Thames at Wargrave, garden of the St. George and Dragon just visible before the grey house
  • My train home tonight is basically an oven. Even when moving the air coming in is warm.
  • McBobbin said:
    just went out for a pint at lunch, and it was definitely nice and warm! not sure I'll get a lot of work done this afternoon!

Are the temperatures you see on the forecasts air temperatures in the shade rather than ground temperatures in the sun? Can't imagine it getting to 40 degrees here
    The forecast temperatures are measured appropriately 1.2m above the ground (usually grass) inside a screen that allows air to freely circulate.
  • It’s hot! Real hot! Damn Hot!
  • edited July 2022
    I tell ya what, it’s hotter than Britneys bum out there!
  • Sponsored links:

• _MrDick said:
    The view from my reserved sun lounger on the private stretch of grass outside of our swim-up apartment in Rhodes.  A nice an comfortable 32 with gentle breeze

They call you mister dick for a reason.....

Not jealous at all, honest.
  • It's just short of 30 degrees now, in West Yorkshire......

• It's trying to rain in Charlton.
  • Drizzling in Dartford, but you have to be out in it to notice
  • I popped to the Doctors surgery in Greenwich earlier and was certain I fell a couple of spots of rain despite it being sunny and very humid.
  • Current temperature (3pm) is 29.8 (feels like 30.8) with 47% humidity.  The humidity has risen 4% in the last hour or so while the temperature dropped a whole 0.9 degress during a few spots of rain.
  • No water supply here, we will be fucked if we don’t get some soon for the dogs!
  • Rudders22 said:
    I popped to the Doctors surgery in Greenwich earlier and was certain I fell a couple of spots of rain despite it being sunny and very humid.
    Definitely birdshit.
  • T_C_E said:
    No water supply here, we will be fucked if we don’t get some soon for the dogs!
    I saw that on the news - bad timing - I saw a big mound of bottled water on the news though - have you managed to get some ?
  • Sponsored links:

• T_C_E said:
    I saw that on the news - bad timing - I saw a big mound of bottled water on the news though - have you managed to get some ?
    Managed to get 20 litres, we won’t exercise the dogs at all tonight to reduce what they need. We could be struggling again tomorrow lunchtime if it’s not sort by then.
  • Strange weather today. Very rare to have such a warm, but overcast day, which actually made it more bearable when outside
  • T_C_E said:
    T_C_E said:
    Managed to get 20 litres, we won’t exercise the dogs at all tonight to reduce what they need. We could be struggling again tomorrow lunchtime if it’s not sort by then.
    We walked ours Sunday afternoon - big mistake - whilst it was by the river at Footscray Meadows near Bexley, so Buster and Bodie were at no risk of overheating - the place was packed with families out for a picnic and a paddle in the river - but for Buster and Bodie, that’s irrelevant - they are going in the river no matter what

Scores on the doors my my lads :- 

At least 5 picnics where they ran through the middle of the blanket laid out with food

2 sets of people sunbathing, where my boys leaped over them, showering them in water and mud

Countless people showered in water when they shook themselves off after getting out of the water

In fairness only one person was aggy about it, everyone else just found it funny - for the aggy person, it was because they didn’t like dogs, which got a predictable response from me !!

We cut our losses, cut short the walk, and went to the pub

This weekend we will go to Hall Place, where hopefully it won’t be such chaos

My lads are 3 year old English Springer Spaniels, so whilst I can control them, at times they get over excited when they know the walk and they know water is near - they would never hurt anybody - as was proved at the pub, when they just lay there whilst a little 2 year old girl fell in love with them, with her laying on them, and petting them etc

Let’s put it down to youthful exuberance !!!
  • gotta be played .. 

https://youtu.be/sW9mCPlp61U
    Check out the version by The Jam on Setting Sons album. 
    Fantastic. 
  • Beautiful sunset over Charlton park.
  • edited July 2022
    What funny day here cloudy, over cast, a nice breeze most of the day, never went over about 23-4 even a few drops of rain.

It's bloody hot now though. 26 degrees at half 9!
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    What funny day here cloudy, over cast, a nice breeze most of the day, never went over about 23-4 even a few drops of rain.

It's bloody hot now though. 26 degrees at half 9!
    You sure your not having the same reaction as Leuth, having just seen O'Connell?
  • gotta be played .. 

https://youtu.be/sW9mCPlp61U
    Check out the version by The Jam on Setting Sons album. 
    Fantastic. 
    OK .. BUT not close to as good as the original i m o
  • Interestingly it seems the ridiculous hot weather day is moving backwards, with it now projected to come on Tuesday or even Wednesday 
  • HexHex
    edited July 2022
    An excellent explanation of the what’s, why’s and when’s from the Met Office.

https://youtu.be/79F3Gdjl_YU