Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Heat Wave - Weather Watch

Comments

• Options
    clb74 said:
    Off_it said:
    clb74 said:
    Why does it just have too be season ticket holder or buy match by match?
    Why is it not possible to do a 10 game ticket for the season?

Looks like the heat has got to someone!
    I've not even had a beer yet.
    As you only drink Fosters you can't use that as an excuse. 
  • Options
    Out in Vouvant, Vendee France, been bloody, bloody hot all week
  • Options
    Just trying to help 😄
  • Options
    A couple of tips. Put a bowl of water in front of a fan or for even better cooling put a lump of ice in front of a fan, both work well if your overheating or can’t sleep although the fan noise might keep you awake instead of the heat 😀.
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    Might help in my house if the wife allowed a few windows to be open.
    Just got in from a walk and it's like a sweat box indoors 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Running cold water on your wrists, a bowl of cold water for your feet and a cold towel around your neck all tips to cool down
  • Options
    aliwibble said:
    Tell her the recommendation on the forecast yesterday was to have the windows open now while it's relatively cool, but keep them closed once it starts to warm up (probably by about 10am ?) as the outside temperature is going to be a lot hotter than the inside one.
    While I'm here, I saw a list circulating on twitter yesterday of various medications that can increase your risk of heat exhaustion or heat stroke, including certain SSRIs, blood pressure medications, gabapentin etc. I've no idea how accurate it is, but it's worth checking the paper inserts that come with any medication you're taking to see if that's mentioned as an issue.
    We did see that on the weather forecast.
    The problem is the wife wants to keep the flys out.
  • Options
    I'll just hang around in Sainsburys Charlton all day. It's like a freezer.
  • Options
    clb74 said:
    aliwibble said:
    Tell her the recommendation on the forecast yesterday was to have the windows open now while it's relatively cool, but keep them closed once it starts to warm up (probably by about 10am ?) as the outside temperature is going to be a lot hotter than the inside one.
    While I'm here, I saw a list circulating on twitter yesterday of various medications that can increase your risk of heat exhaustion or heat stroke, including certain SSRIs, blood pressure medications, gabapentin etc. I've no idea how accurate it is, but it's worth checking the paper inserts that come with any medication you're taking to see if that's mentioned as an issue.
    Leave your socks outside then
  • Options
    clb74 said:
    aliwibble said:
    Do you have sash windows or ones with a handle? You can get fairly cheap flyscreen material from amazon on same day delivery, but it's a bit fiddly to apply if you're having to work around a handle. I've found it an absolute godsend in this weather though, as I can leave my window open all night without suffering a massive bug invasion.
  • Options
    aliwibble said:
    Unless you live in a new build.
    Bloody impossible to lower the temperature in any hot weather never mind the impending doom of the next few days.  :(
  • Options
    aliwibble said:
    clb74 said:
    aliwibble said:
    Do you have sash windows or ones with a handle? You can get fairly cheap flyscreen material from amazon on same day delivery, but it's a bit fiddly to apply if you're having to work around a handle. I've found it an absolute godsend in this weather though, as I can leave my window open all night without suffering a massive bug invasion.
    I see a big problem with this.
    With the football season approaching fast, who will the wife get to put them up?
  • Options
    Have turned the hot tub down from 41 to 38 degrees for later.  
  • Options
    Scorchio on the Isle of Wight but a nice cooling breeze off the sea. Having two foot thick stone walls can be a blessing. It’s nice and relatively cool indoors. Nothing more strenuous today than lifting a tinny or two watching the golf. Good luck if you are out/need to do anything arduous. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    clb74 said:
    aliwibble said:
    You see this is the trouble when you move closer to Selhurst Park.
  • Options
    clb74 said:
    aliwibble said:
    You see this is the trouble when you move closer to Selhurst Park.
    Being further into the countryside doesnt help
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    Think the suggested temperature anyway is 38, turned mine down the other week to 36.
  • Options
    I bought a portable air con a couple of years ago. Works a treat in the bedroom at night but the exhaust hose is the real problem. Unless you have sash windows it very tricky setting it up. I use a sheet of ply the size of the double glazed unit with a hole cut in for the hose. They are not truly portable in the true sense of the word.
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    Just opened the fridge, a fly flew out, not sure if he was relieved to get out, or gutted his cooling place had been discovered!  B)
  • Options
    Sheffield in the shade. 
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    Mines been on 36 for a couple of weeks now, how have you been using it at 41???
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    Towels and socks in the freezer.

Running water will probably run hot even from the cold tap.
  • Options
    We have a paddling pool on our balcony for the dogs when they get hot.

Just got a selfie from the wife sitting in it in her bikini with a cocktail in hand
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    We have a paddling pool on our balcony for the dogs when they get hot.

Just got a selfie from the wife sitting in it in her bikini with a cocktail in hand
    Rule 1.