Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Sandgaard ownership discussion 2022-3 onwards (Meeting with CAST p138)

Comments

• If I was a committee member on Valley Gold I would want some answers. 

Poor old Keith Peacock on about the academy at the start of the week and now more of this! 

https://www.valleygold.org.uk/2022/10/10/keith-peacock-on-the-importance-of-valley-gold/

• Mike Ashley is probably interested in seeing how a football club has followed his Sports Direct model. 
  • Do we get inspected to retain whatever academy category we currently have?
    Assuming we are cat 2 there must be things like coach/player ratio and other things we need to satisfy.
  • If this is true and I have no reason to doubt it, it is so short sighted then it must mean TS is out of here in the short term.
  • edited October 2022
    @Six-a-bag-of-nuts
    Exactly that "Personally I wouldnt piss him off" 
    But as I said "to question his mental capacity is wrong"
     And as for .............
    ..............."Great, I'd really like to hear the proof in some sort of lucid format"....................
    Get involved with those that know and you'll find out, I certainly dont know. (I have his number should you want it)
    Go and have a pint with them they'll answer your questions I'm sure, but dont expect them to plaster it all over social media to keep us happy.
    Congratulations on being nearly 70, I'm nearly 65 hopefully we'll both get a cake. ;)

• T_C_E said:
    @Six-a-bag-of-nuts
     And as for .............
    ..............."Great, I'd really like to hear the proof in some sort of lucid format"....................
    Get involved with those that know and you'll find out, I certainly dont know. (I have his number should you want it)
    Go and have a pint with them they'll answer your questions I'm sure, but dont expect them to plaster it all over social media to keep us happy.
    Congratulations on being nearly 70, I'm nearly 65 hopefully we'll both get a cake. ;)

You said he has proof and now you say you certainly don't know.
    The poster who put up the tweets asked for views and I gave mine.
    I thought they were hysterical and lacked intelligence, hence my "brain" comment.
    (I'd be grateful if you wouldn't attempt to divert the argument down the "mental capacity" angle and any wider implications).
    I've no intention of chasing the guy up for his reasons, if he doesn't want to elaborate on his tweets then people are going to take them at face value.
    Anyway, this is going down a blind alley, so I'm out

• Sponsored links:

• cabbles said:
    Scoham said:
    cabbles said:
    “Whooooo oooooh

They clean their own kits and cry

whoooo ooooh 

parents moan, supporters question me and pry”

Our academy will soon be history

*guitar solo*
    Cat 1 was a fallacy.......
    Is the title of the new album  ;)
  • I'm probably wide of the mark here. but it feels to me like he's getting ready to sell up
    Problem is as I & many others have already said, what is it that he has to sell? A loss making business, without the Valley & SL he really has little to offer. 
  • I'm probably wide of the mark here. but it feels to me like he's getting ready to sell up
    I don't think you're far off mate.  It's just a question of pride now and how much he thinks he can get versus what he wants.  He quite literally owns something that losses money hand over foot.  If I were him, I'd take the first person to come along who is willing to take it off his hands.  That opens us up to all sorts of chancers, as well as credible individuals.

In the short term we know it will mean no signings or adding to the squad in Jan.  
  • "even down to coaches bringing their own balls in" 😆

Not saying this ain't accurate, but ffs. Are the chefs bringing their own pans in and groundsmen using their own forks n all???
    Problem is as I & many others have already said, what is it that he has to sell? A loss making business, without the Valley & SL he really has little to offer. 
    Plenty of takeovers in league 1 whose clubs are also loss making businesses. Wigan, Ipswich and Sunderland as examples 
  • Sponsored links:

• T_C_E said:
    @Six-a-bag-of-nuts
     And as for .............

You said he has proof and now you say you certainly don't know.
    The poster who put up the tweets asked for views and I gave mine.
    I thought they were hysterical and lacked intelligence, hence my "brain" comment.
    (I'd be grateful if you wouldn't attempt to divert the argument down the "mental capacity" angle and any wider implications).
    I've no intention of chasing the guy up for his reasons, if he doesn't want to elaborate on his tweets then people are going to take them at face value.
    Anyway, this is going down a blind alley, so I'm out

I said “he backs up his comments with proof “

• T_C_E said:
    That gentleman backs up his comments with proof as well as his actions and to question his mental capacity is very wrong. Personally I wouldn't piss him off, but thats your choice #Boardroomprotests
    Is it Digga, or whatever his name is / was ?

• cabbles said:
    I'm probably wide of the mark here. but it feels to me like he's getting ready to sell up
    I don't think you're far off mate.  It's just a question of pride now and how much he thinks he can get versus what he wants.  He quite literally owns something that losses money hand over foot.  If I were him, I'd take the first person to come along who is willing to take it off his hands.  That opens us up to all sorts of chancers, as well as credible individuals.

In the short term we know it will mean no signings or adding to the squad in Jan.  
    Welcome Laurence Bassini!
  • Has Dr Raes work permit situ changed yet?

Is she still “back doing stuff” in America 
  • edited October 2022
    It's been more active on here today after a relative lull yesterday. Not that I'm saying the result the night before had anything to do with that, but we're certainly making up for it today.

Catching up on some of the posts, I'd be gutted if Steve Avory was to leave the academy as a result of the current series of cut back measures as I have tremendous respect for him. It would be a dark day indeed for the Club should he go.

Putting the worrying academy reports to one side for now though, I've not seen any comment on how Ron Dangerfield is doing as Club Secretary and Andy Smith as whatever he is. Perhaps no news is good news, but I have my doubts now. Is there any feedback from inside the Club on how those two appointments are doing as some of TS's chosen men haven't lasted that long in the job?