Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Sandgaard ownership discussion 2022-3 onwards (Meeting with CAST p138)

Comments

• robroy said:
    Apparently he’s asking for £25million to sell. Mental 
    I think that number is just speculation.  He has no assets only player registrations that aren't worth that much.  He only has liabilities and, I suppose, what the accountant's call "goodwill" and the right to play in the EFL...RD has all the tangible assets so overall package will be a lot more costly.
  • I gave him the benefit of the doubt with the transfer window, but can’t anymore. It just doesn’t make sense. 

The only way he can cream any substantial money off from us now is through player sales. Without the academy functioning as before, that pipeline starts to dry up after he flogs leaburn. Others will leave without signing professionally, for a pittance. 

Is moneyball on Netflix at the moment or something? Perhaps he’s going to be the next one to realise that doesn’t work in ‘soccer’. 
    My feeling is that he won't be here long enough to realise any supposed assets. Everything he is doing is to cut costs in the short term. I believe if someone offered him what he paid for it he'd be gone, the bills are mounting up and I don't believe that he can put any loans into the club or that he wants too. 
  • Bailey said:
    Dave2l said:
    TS is now purposely sticking a knife in.

He gave up a while ago and the bloke is just an asshole. He wanted more praise and wanted something in return for his initial efforts that he hasn't discovered. He is pissed and he will continue to cause damage. 

Rolands club ownership was a lot safer. Not because he is a better person or more trustworthy, because he isn't.
    It's when he decided to back off, things were in safe enough hands in the day to day running of the club. 

The grass is always greener 

Sorry Dave, can't agree with that at all. When he was paying the bills he was negotiating to sell the club for a pound, he was also making cuts across the board. He is the reason that we are where we are and if he would not have raised the price of the freehold then ESI, Sandgaard and whoever else would not be part of our most recent pain. 

My reflection is just about 1st team squad of.players, coaching, recruiting players, key members of staff staying at the club, and condition of the academy. 

That stuff was definitely better in 2019 in comparison to what's going on now. 
  • edited October 2022
    Well, well! I've just received an email from the club, thanking me for my attendance at the Exeter game and hoping I enjoyed it as much as they did.....I DIDN'T GO!! I was at home not willing to travel down on a Tuesday to watch what had been, up until Tuesday, a pile of crap.
    Yes I'm a ST holder, but have been ti just 3 games this season, due to poor performances. 
    Yet this is the first time they've thanked me for going!! Oh and then asked if I want to buy a ticket for next Monday? I'm a ST holder why would I want to buy a ticket!
    Fuck me they can't even get that right....unbelievable!
    @Redmidland neighbours just sent me a photo, feck he’s one angry man! 😉 x

• With the pound to dollar exchange rate the way it is right now, you’d think it’d be a good time (if there ever is one) to put some money in, rather than look to sell.
  • Sponsored links:

• What are we going to do then, this can’t continue and the academy stuff is death to what is already a dying club. 
  • Shoot me down, but this is 100% a property play with RD. TS will get a cut and off into the sunset they go. 

• robroy said:
    Shoot me down, but this is 100% a property play with RD. TS will get a cut and off into the sunset they go. 

Well let's hope they do ride off into the sunset because we will not progress or may even fold if they don't. 
  • robroy said:
    Shoot me down, but this is 100% a property play with RD. TS will get a cut and off into the sunset they go. 

Well there has always been a wiff that they may be in league, how come Thomas could get Roland to sell when noone else could.
  • edited October 2022

• edited October 2022
    robroy said:

Well there has always been a wiff that they may be in league, how come Thomas could get Roland to sell when noone else could.
    TS bought from ESI not RD.
    He made a lease agreement with RD.
    Just suppose for a moment that ESI sold on ‘behalf’ of RD in some form, would that fly?
  • robroy said:

Just suppose for a moment that TS bought from ESI on ‘behalf’ of RD, would that fly?
    So RD sold the asset less club to ESI, who sold to TS.
    Then you're suggesting TS did it on behalf of RD who had been desperate to sell.

I've heard it all now.
    Sorry edited, got it mangled, I’m only thinking out loud not looking for an argument ok?

• Sponsored links:

• robroy said:

Just suppose for a moment that ESI sold on ‘behalf’ of RD in some form, would that fly?
     Why ditch ESI for Sandgaard if that were the case?
    They were making a perfectly good fist of destroying the club and would have happily taken any cut of a property play.
  • robroy said:

They were making a perfectly good fist of destroying the club and would have happily taken any cut of a property play.
    Praps because they were doing too good a job? RD wanted someone who ‘maybe’ might progress the club after all, it’s just latterly TS is cocking it up after all?
  • se9addick said:
    robroy said:

Praps because they were doing too good a job? RD wanted someone who ‘maybe’ might progress the club after all, it’s just latterly TS is cocking it up after all?
    Give the tin foil hat stuff a rest. 
    Hardly, and it’s not even my opinion, I’m just talking.
  • What do you all want, applause?
    I’ve noticed on here every so often there’s a pile on in here, is it my turn tonight?
    just ignore me if you don’t agree.
  • Human nature to look for connections and explanations where none exist.
    I’ve noticed on here every so often there’s a pile on in here, is it my turn tonight?
    Will do.
  • Human nature to look for connections and explanations where none exist.
    Yea fair enough and I agree
    Will do.
    Easy isn’t it